2012-13 soccer kits

Saintsfan

It's not really a 'loss' when umbro and nike are essentially the same company. The only reason England are still packaged as umbro is a diplomatic decision to keep the brand as an 'English' rather than American company.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy :censored: that's bad. It's not garish, it just doesn't use any of the team's colors. Which makes it bad.

Plus, I thought they were going traditional for the anniversary season.

Anywho, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Sure, last year's road kit was amazing, but Celtic's road kits have traditionally been ungodly horrendous, or just bland and generic (which is what they've been recently, until 2011-12). I don't know why I bothered thinking they'd continue with good road kits.

spacer.png

Holy :censored: that's bad. It's not garish, it just doesn't use any of the team's colors. Which makes it bad.

You do know that's the point of a clash kit, right?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

You do know that's the point of a clash kit, right?

Their previous clash kit associated the colors of the team perfectly. So...it can be done.

spacer.png

Black is their traditional clash kit,usually mixed in with some type of green. These look pretty good to me. Their hone kits are posted earlier in the thread.

Celtic don't really have a traditional clash colour, they've worn various shades of green, yellow, black, white, over recent years. Black certaiy isn't out of character for Celtic, as a clash kit.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I'm actually liking it, especially that the sleeve and collar trim is navy blue, not black. Long sleeve is cool, too. They didn't displace the stripes at the bottom of the sleeves and actually left them at the same location as the short sleeve.

Arsenal12long.jpg

Arsenal12home.jpg

That is actually really, really nice.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm actually liking it, especially that the sleeve and collar trim is navy blue, not black. Long sleeve is cool, too. They didn't displace the stripes at the bottom of the sleeves and actually left them at the same location as the short sleeve.

Arsenal12long.jpg

Arsenal12home.jpg

I did not expect to like this like I do. Wow, that's a pretty good looking shirt there.

I'm gonna give it a thumbs down. I dont like the solid blue collar and the stripes REALLY seem tacked on. If Nike had slanted the stripes like the kit they are throwing back to I might like it better...but I have similar problems with both in that neither really look like an Arsenal kit. It's like anti-iconic.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Hey, if we can't have sleeve stripes in football, at least we can have sleeve stripes in football, right?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The sleeves fold and have an Irish flag motif which is also on the socks.

http://www.celticfc.net/newsstory?item=2566

Arsenal12long.jpg

Arsenal12home.jpg

Seeing this makes me hope the Manchester United kits shown earlier are fake.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The sleeves fold and have an Irish flag motif which is also on the socks.

http://www.celticfc.net/newsstory?item=2566

Man United has the same thing with the folding sleeves, which is dumb. When I first got the shirt, I thought it was weird having the stripes on the inside of the sleeve. While the shirt looks better with the stripes on the cuff, it's also dumb to walk around with the end of your sleeve rolled up once.

If you're going to do that, just make it the cuff of the sleeve. Why hide it? If the actual players roll up their sleeve, there is no way that stays up during the entirety of a game.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived