2012-13 soccer kits

Saintsfan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barca has looked terrible the last 2 years. I hated this years but its better than next years.

well said...it's been awful and it aint gettin better.

I'm blaming it on Qatar and thats my story.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Talk about (maybe) spitting on a club's history:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/08/cardiff-red-blue-rebranding

This happens here but would absolutely be rejected over in Europe.

Well, it's not unheard of, but it is very, very unusual for a club to change its colors. Crystal Palace did it in the 1980s, scrapping 80 years of claret and sky blue for red and royal stripes.

Did not know that. But Cardiff might have to go away from its Bluebirds nickname.

The logic behind the change is bad, too. I don't see Cardiff becoming popular in Asia regardless of its colors.

Arsenal's away kits and the roundel look fantastic...Utd's tartan, not so much.

It's not a tartan, it's a gingham pattern.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Talk about (maybe) spitting on a club's history:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/08/cardiff-red-blue-rebranding

This happens here but would absolutely be rejected over in Europe.

Well, it's not unheard of, but it is very, very unusual for a club to change its colors. Crystal Palace did it in the 1980s, scrapping 80 years of claret and sky blue for red and royal stripes.

Clubs don't often complety change colors. Even Palace's switch wasn't that big, switching shades rather than colours. I can't see the Cardiff switch actually happening, not only is blue too wound up in the clubs history, but also every other welsh club would be annoyed at a perceived as taming over welsh identity.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Clubs don't often complety change colors. Even Palace's switch wasn't that big, switching shades rather than colours.

I'm not sure that I'd consider this merely "switching shades":

ciaran-clark-celebrates-scoring-aston-villa-s-goal-93391487.jpg

4549600692_dd82aa52ae_o.jpg

But yes, it's very rare to go as far as Cardiff is discussing.

I imagine you know this, but that first pic is Aston Villa.

new home kit is worst kit in arsenal history.

Oh, I can't agree with you there. Although I don't like the bicep stripes, it's still better than any of these:

pg-58-campbell-gett_248142t.jpgarticle-0-02F05226000005DC-848_306x423.jpgjensen_280x390_738658a.jpg

the first one is maybe my favorite arsenal jersey ever. so many great memories behind it.. and i really like that design. that was great design back then.

spacer.png

Clubs don't often complety change colors. Even Palace's switch wasn't that big, switching shades rather than colours.

I'm not sure that I'd consider this merely "switching shades":

ciaran-clark-celebrates-scoring-aston-villa-s-goal-93391487.jpg

4549600692_dd82aa52ae_o.jpg

But yes, it's very rare to go as far as Cardiff is discussing.

It's an extreme change of shades but claret is a shade of red and sky blue is a blue!! (Its actually also true that Palace went through a few more drastic changes over the 70s and 80s, including a blue and red sash on a White shirt.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Forgot about the white kits.

I get what you're saying, but I doubt Villa or West Ham supporters would agree to such a change since they're just "a change of shades". :P

True, but for Palace in the late 60s you can see that changing to a more unusual color combination and away from a relatively common combination, one that 3 well established teams (Villa, West Ham and Burnley) used.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived