2012-13 soccer kits

Saintsfan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't bought a shirt in several years; are they no longer embroidered? I know the last Arsenal crest was heat-press, but I thought that was because of its complexity.

Authentic Nike's have had the logos screened on since at least 2010. Replicas have embroidered swooshes.

Seems a little backasswards, but whatever Nike.

My thoughts exactly. It doesn't make sense to me why you'd embroider on a replica and then screen print an authentic?

weight savings and to avoid chaffing since a lot of players wear their shirts rather tight.

Is that Simeon Jackson? If so, he looks much better in yellow. *heh*

It's a throwback of sorts, so I suppose you can't really judge it based on aesthetics... but the big red leaf on the blue looks kinda ugly.

Also, why is the "we bought a polo and some shorts at the store and put some logos on it" look so "gorgeous"?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

leak of the new home 'Pool kit (in grayscale :)):

LIVtemp.jpg

looks like it will just be plain red...glad they didnt try for something more complicated.

Interestingly looks pretty close to the twitter 'concept'.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

from another forum I frequent:

"And looks like the Manchester United kit is CONFIRMED. The away kit will be white, and the current away will be the third. The blue kit that leaked is the keeper top."

Not sure I buy it though since Nike's pattern as of late is to have team-specific colorways of GK jerseys, but not team specific designs.

Really? Hmm. I'd like to see how the gingham would work on the white.

United always uses the previous clash kit as the next season's third kit. No surprise there.

spacer.png

Is that Simeon Jackson? If so, he looks much better in yellow. *heh*

It's a throwback of sorts, so I suppose you can't really judge it based on aesthetics... but the big red leaf on the blue looks kinda ugly.

Also, why is the "we bought a polo and some shorts at the store and put some logos on it" look so "gorgeous"?

Because it has a great deal of simplicity. It's not fussy. It's wearable. It's appropriate for the game. There's nothing on it that's offensive, design-wise. The only people who don't like it are those who need their uniforms to be 'exciting' in order to play or watch.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1-wkl2012.jpg

New Liverpool

Really, really nice, except for the Warrior logo, and the sponsor logo, but we won't get into that. There are only a few sponsors who have logos good enough for me to think about buying a jersey. Carlsberg was one of them. Standard is not.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Wow... classy looking kit. Just goes to show how far Adidas has fallen... they really need to reconsider the 3-stripe shoulder approach.

They need to, but they won't. It will never happen. They defnitely need to quit with the nonsensical design elements, though. They had some home runs this year (Germany, Chelsea) and it's because the three stripes were the only major design element.

Wow... classy looking kit. Just goes to show how far Adidas has fallen... they really need to reconsider the 3-stripe shoulder approach.

They need to, but they won't. It will never happen. They defnitely need to quit with the nonsensical design elements, though. They had some home runs this year (Germany, Chelsea) and it's because the three stripes were the only major design element.

I know they won't either... but if they decide to keep the 3 shoulder approach, they really should go back to old Adidas logo. It allows a kit to almost exude nostalgia with that vintage tri-symbol, so basically whatever club they do, it states "We've been around from the beginning. We know what we're doing."

Disagree with you about Chelsea by the way, not a fan of the white shoulder pads. I thought Liverpool's were better from this past season.

What Adidas needs to do is apply the design philosophy of Germany, Liverpool and Chelsea to all of their other teams. Spamming the three stripes works when the rest of the kit is simple. I'm looking at you, MLS.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived