2012-13 soccer kits

Saintsfan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Arsenal top is fuglyyyy. Hopefully the other one turns out to be right.

And here's what appears to be Manchester United's secondary shirt. Not feeling it at first sight. Reminds me of what the USWNT nurse outfits. Tonal black badge and red trim.

MANUTD12away.jpg

MANUTD12awayintro.jpg

Do not want.

I like the idea of a white second kit for 12/13, but not dressing like nurses.

I'm afraid that may be it since the all black badge matches the new Nike jacket SAF is wearing in the video talking about the new shirts.

contrary to the blue/red hoops of the previously-leaked Gunners new away kit, here is a newer leak (likely more accurate):

arsenal-12-13-nike-away-football-shirt-leaked-b.jpg

it's not too bad...though i hope those are royal blue hoops, not purple, as it looks like with that lighting.

First thing I thought of:

tumblr_ljgyy0QZNB1qbpwhfo1_500.jpg

contrary to the blue/red hoops of the previously-leaked Gunners new away kit, here is a newer leak (likely more accurate):

it's not too bad...though i hope those are royal blue hoops, not purple, as it looks like with that lighting.

The utter jack-assery of the kit sorta makes me want to own it...thank goodness I'm just sensible enough to not make such choices.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Wow, it's almost like they took United's clash jersey and switched the logos.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Doesn't remind of United's at all really. And this one is purple, not blue.

Not a 2012-13 kit but I first saw Juventus' current clash kit today

Pink-Juventus-Away-Kit-2011-12.jpg

That's one ugly ass jersey. Pink+ huge star on the front+ beveled numbers= :puke:

I love the pink/black combo but wished they would have done it to their primary kit with the black and white stripes. Black and pink stripes would be awesome.

Not a 2012-13 kit but I first saw Juventus' current clash kit today

Pink-Juventus-Away-Kit-2011-12.jpg

That's one ugly ass jersey. Pink+ huge star on the front+ beveled numbers= :puke:

I love the pink/black combo but wished they would have done it to their primary kit with the black and white stripes. Black and pink stripes would be awesome.

Absolutely no way ever that Juve changes from black and White stripes as their home kit. Ever.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Wait, what? They both have horizontal black and blue/blue-ish stripes. How do you not see the resemblance? They're similar, but obviously they're not the same.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Wait, what? They both have horizontal black and blue/blue-ish stripes. How do you not see the resemblance? They're similar, but obviously they're not the same.

The fact that this one was purple, had bright red? trim and different size stripes on the sleeves than the body stuck out far more to me than the fact that both have horizontal black and bluish/purple stripes.

If true, the thirds look like absolute crap. I'm willing to bet that the darker shaded areas are just the mesh/vented panels on the uniforms. I'll be interested to see just how light that sublimated logo is on the back of the unis.

gYH2mW9.png

THFC's 2012/13 kits leaked:

spurs.jpg

hopefully those side panels on the homes aren't as dark as that graphic implies. hopefully they're just a different material, but still white or at the worst a light-grey.

also, those 3rds are HORRIBLE!

The dark sides are probably mesh. Is similar to the back of the shorts. Either way, I like the homes and seconds, the thirds may look better once we see a cleaner picture. I also like the sublimated logo on the back of the home shirt.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Is that Simeon Jackson? If so, he looks much better in yellow. *heh*

It's a throwback of sorts, so I suppose you can't really judge it based on aesthetics... but the big red leaf on the blue looks kinda ugly.

Also, why is the "we bought a polo and some shorts at the store and put some logos on it" look so "gorgeous"?

Because it has a great deal of simplicity. It's not fussy. It's wearable. It's appropriate for the game. There's nothing on it that's offensive, design-wise. The only people who don't like it are those who need their uniforms to be 'exciting' in order to play or watch.

Don't get me wrong, it does look classy. But I don't exactly see it as a pinnacle of design. "Oooh, look, we put a logo on a plain shirt! Aren't we awesome?" Eh.

There's a middle ground, isn't there?

It's not the pinnacle of design because it doesn't need to be, and I think design teams like the one at Umbro recognize that. It's not saying, "Aren't we awesome?" Rather, it's saying, We're serious about this, and we get the job done in a concise, quality-assured and authoritative manner. This is football, and this is how it's done." Props to them for standing up to the idea that a shirt needs to be 'the pinnacle of design' and treating it for what it really is, a shirt. Part of good design is not making something appear more valuable than it is, no?

I'm not arguing that everything should be pro-combatted to death; far from it. It seems, though, that you're saying that every uniform should be stripped down to a plain shirt with very few identifying features; that Manchester United and Liverpool should have identical, plain red shirts because they both wear red.

'Stripped down to a plain shirt with few identifying features' is probably a good description of my ideal philosophy, but that isn't the same as a plain polo shirt. I mean, you don't really need a lot of identifying features, do you? One for sure, maybe two? They don't have to be ultra-impactful, either (but they can, of course). Subtle is fine, sometimes even preferable, when it comes to timeless style. Timeless is always where I go first, because I find it more valuable in the long run. For years and years teams wore what amounted to plain shirts with few identifying features, and they were great designs. Sometimes subtle, and sometimes impactful, but always timeless. Argentina's light blue and white stripes; Brazil's yellow and green ringer; Germany's white with black trim...

I believe the design is in the details. In an ideal world, United and Liverpool might both wear fairly unadorned red shirts... from a distance, but the finishing touches are what make each team's uniform its own, and tasteful, excellent design can be created with bold design elements, like stripes, sashes or quarters, or it can be created with nothing but a red polo and some really fine attention where it's needed. A shirt design doesn't have to be seen from space to be successful. There is no formula for great design, just as there is no minimum amount of apparent work that must be included to make a design great.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I'm happy that Tottenham Hotspur has pretty simple kits from Under Armour for the first year. I think the sublimated backs are really unnecessary, but hopefully they won't be too dark. The third is horrible, but we won't see it often at all. I'm still kind of worried that Under Armour is just transitioning for a couple years with simple designs and will then come out with something pretty out there.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I'm happy that Tottenham Hotspur has pretty simple kits from Under Armour for the first year. I think the sublimated backs are really unnecessary, but hopefully they won't be too dark. The third is horrible, but we won't see it often at all. I'm still kind of worried that Under Armour is just transitioning for a couple years with simple designs and will then come out with something pretty out there.

I was thinking about that too. I still fully expect, though, that the home kits will remain relatively tame no matter what. We may see more liberties taken with the aways and thirds.

gYH2mW9.png

A few more looks at Spurs, supposedly pulled off of a youtube video that has since been made private.

Leaked-Tottenham-Kit-2013.jpg

Under-Armour-Tottenham-Shirt-Leaked.jpg

Leaked-Spurs-Jersey-2012.jpg

I like it. I hope they wear navy shorts at home instead of white like the original Spurs post shows. I do not like the 3rd and I'm not crazy about the UA logos that are under the arm.

For some reason, I was also under the impression that Autonomy had reached the end of their contract as the sponsor. I was really hoping for a new sponsor. I remember hearing/reading rumors that Investec was going to step up.

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

I like it. I hope they wear navy shorts at home instead of white like the original Spurs post shows. I do not like the 3rd and I'm not crazy about the UA logos that are under the arm.

For some reason, I was also under the impression that Autonomy had reached the end of their contract as the sponsor. I was really hoping for a new sponsor. I remember hearing/reading rumors that Investec was going to step up.

I agree all around, especially on the navy shorts.

I'm okay with the Autonomy logo, if only because anything's better than that awful Aurasma wordmark. Looking forward to buying my first Spurs jersey this summer.

Archived