NFL Draft Live

Dexter Morgan

Wish I posted in the 2008 thread. I probably did the 2009 one, and I was really ecstatic that Bulaga fell to the Pack in 2010, hopefully his leg will heal up.

Also, the Cardinals just picked up a steal in fourth round. Tackle Bobby Massie out of Ole Miss.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And since we're digging up old draft day gems... (the names have been edited to protect the misguided)...

Dan Lefevour to the Bears. Well, there's your future quarterback, Chicago. I've got a feeling he's gonna be the best quarterback to come from this draft.

Same here. They don't need to rush him in Chicago. Let him sit behind Cutler for a few seasons and learn the position. The real trick will be making sure he doesn't pick up Cutler's attitude or bad habits.

So um....see what had happened was...

If memory serves, I think I may have been misguided poster #1. If it's not me, I'm sure that I was in full agreement with whoever it was.

EDIT: After rereading it, I'm pretty sure I was misguided poster #2.

BB52Big.jpg

Let's fire up the wayback machine. Here are some of our greatest hits from 2007.

And I swear fo' tha Lawd if Gruden even THINK of trying to entertain the possibility of taking Adrian Peterson in the third round, I'm aiming a cannon STRAIGHT AT HIS OFFICE WINDOW...and FIRING THAT CANNON!!!

The more and more I think about it, I really, really want the Lions to draft Calvin Johnson. From what I've heard over the last day or so, the Lions are really interested, which seems like a better idea than going after an O-lineman 2nd overall.

On a side note, I'd love to see Drew Stanton in honolulu blue. Personally, I'd rather have him than Brady Quinn. I'm not taking anything away from Quinn - he's a great player, no doubt, but I liked what I saw from Stanton more.

We get some right, we get some wrong; sometimes in the same post.

With any luck the Browns will trade down for more picks. Then again hoping for luck with the Browns is like hoping for a white Christmas in Miami. Screw it. They're going to suck no matter who they pick so why worry about it? :D

Boy, I really went out on a limb with that prediction.

(3) QB Drew Stanton

Great value at this pick. With John Beck and Trent Edwards on the rise, it is possible that he slips into the third round.

Which he followed with slipping into a nice job holding a clipboard.

Oakland's taking JaMarcus Russell. I just can't see Al Davis, senile as he is, passing up what could be a true blue-chip QB prospect after last year's debacle.

He didn't, and we're all better for it.

Brady Quinn is this year's Matt Leinart.

Nailed it.

Yes, Thomas is one of the best OTs to come out in a long time as ThaFlame pointed out, but my boys needed a QB.

I like those two guys, but I think the Browns could have greatly improved in that position by drafting Quinn. Heck, I even saw the folks at ESPN show Quinn as a youngster in Browns gear, jeez. And to think I was actually getting pumped about Cleveland Browns football this year. <sigh>

Just think how much the Browns would have improved had they not drafted Brady Quinn.

Quinn's going to Miami. I can almost guarantee that,

Oops.

One of my favorite aspects of the NFL Draft is watching all of the teams outsmart themselves. They all get too clever by half and miss the obvious, best choices.

Seriously, Joe Thomas?

Yup. The Browns outsmarted themselves right into a Pro Bowl O-lineman.

I pray Willis falls to the 49ers.

The Lord works in mysterious ways.

BB52Big.jpg

More from 2007...

The Vikings took Adrian Peterson. Thank God. Now the Dolphins can take Brady Quinn. Thank you, Cleveland.

(2) CJ. I called it from the beginning. We got the best value and the best player in the draft.

Okay Brady...now should be your time.

The Dolphins WILL take you.

ANd you may as well lose blondy now...cuz you is gon' get ATTACKED as soon as you step your surfer-model-glamour-boy self onto that soil down there.

I'm just sayin...

Buc was really on a roll. He made the thread if you ask me.

BB52Big.jpg

I thought the Packers would take Burfict, still may. But if Chris Polk somehow manages getting to the seventh round. Packers would be best served drafting him, they still need a RB.

Ryan Grant - Not coming back

James Starks - Not sold on

Alex Green - Still untested

Pack need that solid Running game to compliment their Passing game.

So who takes a flyer on Vontaze Burfict?

He'd be lucky to get picked up as a UDFA at this point. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot (repeatedly).

I'm actually really excited about the Lions' draft this year. Kind of weird to no have to draft a #1 at multiple positions for once. These small school CBs they've been taking look to be pretty good athletes-- hope that translates to the NFL.

What the hell, some random predictions:

1.Russell Wilson will win a Super Bowl

2.Trent Richardson will be a bust

3.LaMichael James will be the starter in less than 2 years

4.Andrew Luck's career will be just like Sam Bradfords

5.Ryan Tannehill will have the best career out of all of the QBs.

6.Luke Kuechly will be the best defensive player in the draft

7.Justin Blackmon will be the reason Blane Gabbert doesn't get cut.

8.David Wilson will be out of the NFL in a year

9.Marvin McNutt will be the best receiver

10.Robert Griffin III. will demand to be traded after a few years.

11.Byran Anger will be the 2nd punter in the HoF (after Ray Guy gets in)

Now we wait...

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I want the Ravens to take Burfict. I think he's talented, although obviously not as much as had been thought before the combine, and perhaps we could make it work. Plus, there's no way he runs amok with Ray Lewis in the locker room - and RL52 is his favorite player. I want him, if not just for fun, because he could pan out and it'd be something to get excited about in the 7th round.

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

Chris Polk went undrafted :(

Green Bay better sign this guy.

I don't see why he didn't get picked up. I don't think he had any problems, and NFL.com gave him an 84 out of 100 draft grade. Da :censored:!

Chris Polk went undrafted :(

Green Bay better sign this guy.

I don't see why he didn't get picked up. I don't think he had any problems, and NFL.com gave him an 84 out of 100 draft grade. Da :censored:!

I heard it mentioned a few times that he has a "degenerative condition" in his back/shoulder/hip/knee/somewhere (but there's no real source for this other than it was mentioned a few times on air). Seems like a bunch of rumors, but I haven't been able to find anything concrete. Casserly said about half the teams took him off their boards. Be curious to see what happens, but someone HAS to give him a chance. Just maybe not as a #1 if all this is true.

Also, LO, I heard the Saints were the only team to work Moore out-- think about the fit there. Might be a UDFA in NO.

For some reason, I don't see Moore doing well in the NFL. Maybe it's just a hunch, but I'm not sure his arm strength is good enough. I could be wrong, but I'm not seeing it. I still see Wilson as the best QB in the draft. Tannehill will be a success because he went into the best situation possible. I think Sherman can develop him into an elite QB.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Archived