NFL Draft Live

Dexter Morgan

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the real difference between drafting an NFL-ready 28 year old and drafting a 23 year old who's gonna need a couple of years to become NFL-ready? If you think he's already there, then do it.

up.. when has a QB taken in the first round sat 5 years before starting?

Are you suggesting the Browns should have taken Osweiler in the first round? It would have taken him probably a few years to maybe be at the level that Weeden's at now. People don't say "why would you want to sign a 28 year-old quarterback in free agency? You'll only get seven years out of him!" so why exactly is this different?

6fQjS3M.png

What's the real difference between drafting an NFL-ready 28 year old and drafting a 23 year old who's gonna need a couple of years to become NFL-ready? If you think he's already there, then do it.

Well there's that Steve Young guy although he did technically start before coming to San Francisco.

aUgE0.gif

I thought this was awesome, and had to rewind to see if it actually happened.

CCSLC .gif of the day?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

aUgE0.gif

I thought this was awesome, and had to rewind to see if it actually happened.

That's awesome. Goodell's street cred just went up ten fold.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Are you suggesting the Browns should have taken Osweiler in the first round? It would have taken him probably a few years to maybe be at the level that Weeden's at now. People don't say "why would you want to sign a 28 year-old quarterback in free agency? You'll only get seven years out of him!" so why exactly is this different?

If you pick up a 28 year old free agent to be your starting quarterback he would presumably at least have some record at the NFL level

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Looks like Courtney Upshaw is the slipper of this first round. Also looks like Fleener will be in the second round if the Giants don't take him.

I have him (Fleener) teaming back up with Andrew Luck in Indy

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

Does A.J. Jenkins return punts? :rolleyes:

He is fast, but Andy Lee is probably stronger. He was not considered a top ten WR by most.

Not saying you're wrong because I don't know where you were looking, but nearly every source I saw had Jenkins in the top 10 of this year's WR crop. McShay and Scouts, Inc had him as their #7 WR and slotted him in the 2nd round. So while it was surprising to see him go #30, it's not ridiculous.

Plus, being an alumnus, I watched a lot of Illinois football this year. AJ had an unbelievable first half of the season. He cooled a bit in the middle before picking it up again, but he was very, very good in college and could be a solid #2 WR in the NFL.

Guys that were 1st-rd talent at some point that didn't get picked tonight (not counting Burfict):

TE Coby Fleener

WR Stephen Hill

OT Jonathan Martin

OL Cordy Glenn

DT Devon Still

DT Jerel Worthy

LB Courtney Upshaw

LB Zach Brown

CB Janoris Jenkins

CB Alfonzo Dennard

To all EDSBS readers.

Tomorrow:

ramgod.jpg

Ramgod gets strange lanolin for life.

(Hopefully)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived