NFL Draft Live

Dexter Morgan

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Rams draft has just been blown up by the Jaguars traded up and getting Blackmon.

Yeah that screwed them. I think they were dialed in on Blackmon the whole time after they made that RGIII deal.

If they can get Michael Floyd then I don't think it's all that bad. Floyd really gave Blackmon a run for that top receiver of late.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The Rams draft has just been blown up by the Jaguars traded up and getting Blackmon.

Yeah that screwed them. I think they were dialed in on Blackmon the whole time after they made that RGIII deal.

If they can get Michael Floyd then I don't think it's all that bad. Floyd really gave Blackmon a run for that top receiver of late.

That's a big if though. Could see a couple teams taking him before the Rams get a chance at 14. Chiefs and Seahawks strike me as two big possibilities.

What network are you guys viewing the draft? I'm watching NFL Network. They keep talking about how the teams following the current team on the clock has already made their pick. Dare I say, the draft is moving too fast for me.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

In the off-season thread, I gave the link which gave analysis of the Big XII WR who were drafted in the first two rounds. It is not a good record at all. The Rams need picks to acquire talent, and they just got another 2nd rounder for tomorrow.

As for Dallas, CB Mike Jenkins, who is in his last year of his contract, may be cut or traded as they have just drafted a CB, gave $50M to Carr, and gave $27M to Scandrick (a 3rd corner).

That's a big if though. Could see a couple teams taking him before the Rams get a chance at 14. Chiefs and Seahawks strike me as two big possibilities.

It is a big if. They will be picking quite a bit to start Round 2 so Jeffery, Rueben some quality receivers will be available. I think they'll take Reiff if he makes it by 10.

Couple observations:

1.) Barron had some serious bling rocking with that solid yellow diamond watch and matching yellow diamond bracelet.

2.) Are the broadcasters intentionally trying to mispronounce names? From my count, Claibern and Tannyhill have both been selected in the Top 10.

3.) I believe the dread lock count is up to 5 and we are barely out of the Top 10.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Gosh, if the Rams get Reuben Randle I'm going to need to track down EDSBS' Ramgod picture. Sucks about missing out on Blackmon, but I'm happy I won't need to work on my "Flowers for Algernon" and "Of Mice and Men" jokes for Claiborne.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Lights Out will be happy as the Bucs got Barron from Alabama.

Lights Out will never be happy...ever.

Chiefs take Dontari Poe. I'm calling bust right now.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Huzzah! Cox is gone so the Rams won't burn an even more disproportionate amount of draft resources on the defensive line.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I don't know why anyone WOULDN'T be happy having Mark Barron. Man's a beast and is going to have a very long career in the NFL.

Eagles move up to 12. Probably selecting Fletcher Cox.

Lights Out will be happy as the Bucs got Barron from Alabama.

Lights Out will never be happy...ever.

Chiefs take Dontari Poe. I'm calling bust right now.

Poe struck me as a weird pick. Both Coples and Cox I thought were far more proven guys. Kiper also likes Melvin Ingram who I would agree with being better then Poe as well.

That's been the reach of the draft so far in my opinion.

That Poe pick reminded me of when the Lions took Gosder Cherilus in the first round. Heard his film was horrible, seems like a reach with Cox right there.

Also, big ups to Nike for nailing a HUGE advertising opportunity on that background screen.

I already consider this draft successful for the Browns.

Glad to see we will have someone to pick up the ball where Jim Brown left.

I'm still laughing after reading that. You honestly think Trent Richardson is picking up where "Jim Brown left" off? I really hope you're right, but you're not. It's nice to be optimistic, but that comparison is a bit much.

I'm calling it now: The Browns will regret drafting Trent Richardson in the 1st round, let alone 3rd overall.

Also, #everydownback #deceptivelyquick

I agree 100%. If the Browns were smart, (they've repeatedly proven they're anything but) they would have traded that #4 pick down to Jacksonville and picked up another couple of picks. This team needs...well...everything. I'm sure they could have scored a perfectly capable RB after the first round. It's a bad pick not only because recent history has shown that you can win without a "star" RB, but now they have to tie up a bunch of money on a position that doesn't warrant that kind of spending.

Cleveland moves up 1 pick as insurance. Question is what did they have to give up?

Answer: a lot.

Min gets the Browns picks in 1, 4, 5, and 7.

If this is true, well done Vikes...just in time for your move to LA.

They can still get kalil (since CLE has J. Thomas...if the Vikes are smart enough to take him) and do a bit of stockpiling.

I think when you look at as trading 3 later picks just to move up 1 spot, it seems like a lot. But when you think the Browns had 13 picks this year, I don't think its too much. The Browns finally need someone to be the face of the franchise, especially in a city that loves bruising running backs, with the history the Browns have at the position.

No, the city loves winning football teams. History? Marion Motley, Jim Brown, Leroy Kelly, maybe Mike Pruitt , Mack and Byner, and not much else in 60+ years. Or are we including greats like William Green, Eric Metcalf, and Leroy Hoard? Their "history at the position" looks an awful lot like they got lucky a few times and screwed up a whole bunch of times.

I think you're going to see that you're one of the few Browns fans who thinks the trade was a smart move. I could live with picking Richardson at 4. Giving up 4 picks to move up one spot? For a RB? That's beyond stupid.

BB52Big.jpg

God :censored: ing damnit with :censored: ing :censored: :censored: :censored: football :censored: :censored: hate :censored: :censored: WHY?!

Today, we are all otaku.

I already consider this draft successful for the Browns.

Glad to see we will have someone to pick up the ball where Jim Brown left.

I'm still laughing after reading that. You honestly think Trent Richardson is picking up where "Jim Brown left" off? I really hope you're right, but you're not. It's nice to be optimistic, but that comparison is a bit much.

I'm calling it now: The Browns will regret drafting Trent Richardson in the 1st round, let alone 3rd overall.

Also, #everydownback #deceptivelyquick

I agree 100%. If the Browns were smart, (they've repeatedly proven they're anything but) they would have traded that #4 pick down to Jacksonville and picked up another couple of picks. This team needs...well...everything. I'm sure they could have scored a perfectly capable RB after the first round. It's a bad pick not only because recent history has shown that you can win without a "star" RB, but now they have to tie up a bunch of money on a position that doesn't warrant that kind of spending.

Cleveland moves up 1 pick as insurance. Question is what did they have to give up?

Answer: a lot.

Min gets the Browns picks in 1, 4, 5, and 7.

If this is true, well done Vikes...just in time for your move to LA.

They can still get kalil (since CLE has J. Thomas...if the Vikes are smart enough to take him) and do a bit of stockpiling.

I think when you look at as trading 3 later picks just to move up 1 spot, it seems like a lot. But when you think the Browns had 13 picks this year, I don't think its too much. The Browns finally need someone to be the face of the franchise, especially in a city that loves bruising running backs, with the history the Browns have at the position.

No, the city loves winning football teams. History? Marion Motley, Jim Brown, Leroy Kelly, maybe Mike Pruitt , Mack and Byner, and not much else in 60+ years. Or are we including greats like William Green, Eric Metcalf, and Leroy Hoard? Their "history at the position" looks an awful lot like they got lucky a few times and screwed up a whole bunch of times.

I think you're going to see that you're one of the few Browns fans who thinks the trade was a smart move. I could live with picking Richardson at 4. Giving up 4 picks to move up one spot? For a RB? That's beyond stupid.

You wouldn't deal a 4, 5, and 7, when maybe one of those guys would ever be a real contributor, for possibly the next Adrian Peterson/LaDanian Tomlinson? I love the deal, as I think do most Browns fans. The thing this team needed most was a playmaker. The Browns have spent enough first round picks on the offensive line and secondary. Now they've got someone who can change the game every time they touch the ball.

Because, let's face it, someone was going to jump ahead of the Browns for Richardson.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived