2012 London Olympics Thread

BigMac12

Can someone explain to me how THIS is considered an Olympic "Sport" for over a century?

Why shouldn't it be an Olympic sport?

Prancing an over dressed horse around a pen isn't a sport. It's not even athletic. And to top it off the horse is doing what little work there is to be done. All Dressage is, is an excuse for rich people to sit around sipping wine and fawning over how much money they all spent on their horses and how pretty they look (the horses, not the rich folks).

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone explain to me how THIS is considered an Olympic "Sport" for over a century?

Rich people like it.

I agree that its completely stupid, but it is what it is.

When is NASCAR going to be introduced as an Olympic sport?

Right after when American football becomes an official Olympic sport. ^_^

So you don't think (despite the hype from NBC) that Phelps-Lochte has any drama? They're both Americans...

Not really. Besides the a fore mentioned fact that there are 6 other swimmers in the pool with them, even if it were just one on one, Phelps has seemingly lost his mojo in the pool too.

Michael Phelps edges Ryan Lochte in 200 IM for record 16th Olympic gold

Seriously man, put those things in spoilers.

My bad, forgot everything's on tape delay

Manchester-City-icon.png

Ummmm Ryan Lochte from Gold Medal to Golden Shower

http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2012/08/03/ryan-lochte-i-peed-in-london-olympic-swimming-pool/

Michael Phelps better watch where he swims next time.

Gold medal winner Ryan Lochte admits to urinating in the Olympic swimming pool during the London games.

JALOOOKA POLIOOOKA

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Prancing an over dressed horse around a pen isn't a sport. It's not even athletic. And to top it off the horse is doing what little work there is to be done. All Dressage is, is an excuse for rich people to sit around sipping wine and fawning over how much money they all spent on their horses and how pretty they look (the horses, not the rich folks).

I think there is probably a bit more to it than that!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I think there is probably a bit more to it than that!

Not really...

You just explained how it got into the Olympics over 100 years. Remember the Olympics started out as games for rich in the Victorian era. Thus the amateur rules originallyl in place.

Btw, Serena is beating down Maria Team Usa vs Nigeria style

Lithuania is no Nigeria.

I want the men's basketball team to win gold, but I won't be sad if they lose a game in the round-robin play. I'm getting a little tired of hearing the 1992 Team vs. 2012 Team debate.

No such luck.

Seriously man, put those things in spoilers.

You opened a thread about the Olympics... hoping to not see Olympic results? Um... really?

Yes, yes I did.

What on Earth did you expect to read then?

Seriously, if you don't want to read spoilers about Olympic events, reading an Olympic thread is sort of silly. Not as silly as the TV coverage you guys are getting in the States, but still.

I do feel bad for American's being stuck with the coverage they have though. With the CTV-TSN-Sportsnet consortium, I can watch three different live events at any time.

Great Britain goes down in PKs to South Korea. Aaron Ramsey went 1/2 on PKs during regulation, then Daniel Sturridge missed the last one during PKs to move South Korea to the semi-finals.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Awesome finish to the men's 10k, and a great moment for both the British (Mo Farah) and American (Galen Rupp) runners, who trained together and ended up finishing 1-2.

It was even better seeing it live.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Lithuania is no Nigeria.

I want the men's basketball team to win gold, but I won't be sad if they lose a game in the round-robin play. I'm getting a little tired of hearing the 1992 Team vs. 2012 Team debate.

No such luck.

The '12 team looked more like the '04 team then the '92 team.

No offense to Lithiuania but they had no business at all being in that game. Team USA just decided to not give a damn about this game.

I didn't see the game, but the boxscore reads like a USA was playing a pickup game. 33 three point attempts and only 13 assists. I'm guessing they had alot of one and two pass minimal effort possessions where the first guy who thought he had an open look just chucked it up there.

Its just frustrating as a fan because after '04 I really thought alot of this BS had been eliminated but today it reared its ugly head again.

I'm not too worried about it since they won. It was kind of like a trap game with the complete blowout against Nigeria a couple days ago and what should be a tough game against Argentina coming up. I think this team really cares about winning gold and won't let a performance like today's happen again.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived