2012 London Olympics Thread

BigMac12

The only issue I've taken with the Olympics so far is the amount of political ads they have. Part of the reason I watch events like the Olympics is to get away from that stuff.

Otherwise though I'm enjoying myself. Not much I have to comment on. Just trying to take everything in as best I can.

Better get used to it, just wait til the NFL and World Series start.

We'll see. I don't remember too many during '08 but then again I lived in a state where it was a pretty forgone conclusion Obama was winning and both sides have alot more money to spend then they did in '08.

The only two positives I can see is that the USOC has already spoken out against NBC airing these ads (and its not just Obama and Romney) and honestly I would prefer seeing some of these ads to the 10,000 light beer ads every Sunday. I just take issue with politicans using sports as a speaking platform again because I'm watching sports in part to get away from it.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh sweet Jebus ... NBC has both Doc Emrick and Pierre McGuire calling water polo.

Think you may that melted has a rink! But hockey and water polo there are similarities between! Easy it should be along to follow. A net by putting a ball into it, teams score! A large woman here is with a DRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE

There's the good stuff.

McGuire's just pissed there's no one named Dion in the water polo tournament. Whammo!

For whatever reason, I don't think those are that bad. At least in comparison to something like this:

uspw_59124681-1024x681.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

That picture doesn't show the back of the Angola uniforms. They're Times New Roman and the names on the back use upper and lower case letters.

Also, Angola's red uniforms use the same black lettering on red with no outlines so it's basically illegible.

PvO6ZWJ.png

It doesn't matter because really the only way to not get spoilers is to not go on the Internet. NBC better start airing live next Olympics. This day in age, you just don't do tape delay.

Well that's basicaly what I've doing. I'm Yahoo to check the news, and Baseball-reference to check on trades. Nothing else really.

But yeah I think its pretty dumb that NBC is still insisting on airing events on tape delay. If they want to still air it on primetime that's fine, but you can't tell me they can't show events like that live on NBC sports or something and then put it on tape delay later. Its not 1982 anymore where you can get away with it. And I would also rather not be up at 11:30 watching the 100M finals.

It doesn't matter because really the only way to not get spoilers is to not go on the Internet. NBC better start airing live next Olympics. This day in age, you just don't do tape delay.

Oh in Rio there will be no :censored:ing excuse, the time difference is only an hour.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Oh in Rio there will be no :censored:ing excuse, the time difference is only an hour.

Be pretty bad in Sochi. Eight hours to the East coast.

The main reason I would actually prefer NBC to air the things live for these Olympics is that I don't want to be up at 11:30 at night watching the 100 M finals. If you live on the East coast its flat out brutal schedule in terms of when sporting events are on. West coast everything is usually over by 10PM. Here you could be up to 12 or 1AM watching a game. To get a break from that once wihout having to change my location would be nice.

What about Sochi in 2 years time?? They are 8 hours ahead..

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

If we have to put up with this tape delay nonsense for ten more years (I think that the contract expires after 2022?) it would drive me crazy but even in Vancouver they had tape delay for mainly the sliding sports but that was fine. I know there is alot of Canadians on these forums but is you guys are getting coverage live then there is NO EXCUSES for NBC to do the same thing. ESPN/ABC should have got the 2018,2020,2022 Games contract they dont know the definition of tape delay

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

Five-lights.blogspot.com - my Motorsports Blog

The main reason I would actually prefer NBC to air the things live for these Olympics is that I don't want to be up at 11:30 at night watching the 100 M finals. If you live on the East coast its flat out brutal schedule in terms of when sporting events are on. West coast everything is usually over by 10PM. Here you could be up to 12 or 1AM watching a game. To get a break from that once wihout having to change my location would be nice.

Unless it's changed, I think NBC's Prime Time coverage starts at 8pm local time everywhere, not just the east coast.

Unless it's changed, I think NBC's Prime Time coverage starts at 8pm local time everywhere, not just the east coast.

Yep. I always laugh a little when east coasters complain about the delayed coverage. At least their tape delay is 3 hours closer to the event than ours out west.

Frankly I'm more annoyed with NBC for their live soccer coverage including commercial breaks twice during the half. I've never seen a network just cut away like that in the middle of a live match with no regard for what's actually going on, on field.

That blows because now everyone who watches has to suffer through the endless barrage of Ryan Seacrest interviews at 10 o'clock at night just to see USA compete in the Women's gymanstics Finals.

Its kind of funny to watch because you can tell Costas has that I hate so god damn much because you have no business being here laugh going on everytime the two are on TV together.

taurasi_d_parker_tina_073012.jpg

Angola's uniforms, now that is bad.

It could be worse... they could have used Comic Sans instead of Times New Roman.

Now watching the USA-Argentina field hockey game I DVR'd from earlier today. Since when did field hockey get shifted to Boise State? :rolleyes:

CCSLC signature.png

Archived