2012 London Olympics Thread

BigMac12

It's not the same squad that won two Euros and the World Cup but Spain going out in two games without scoring a goal hurts. Their team wasn't exactly made up of nobodies.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually feel really bad for the gymnasts that screw up their routines. Just imagine training for years for that moment, only to slip/fall/lose your grip and have to wait minimum 4 years until your next chance.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature.Β 

PotD: 29/1/12

Β 

Β 

I actually feel really bad for the gymnasts that screw up their routines. Just imagine training for years for that moment, only to slip/fall/lose your grip and have to wait minimum 4 years until your next chance.

For gymnasts, odds are you don't get another chance.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Imagine being the 100m runner who gets a bad jump, or false starts.

Also, I really don't understand the point of only letting two per country through in these gymnastics events. I really don't understand why in each individual event, three athletes from the same country can't all qualify through (no matter what the event is). Isn't the point to find the three best athletes in each event?

6fQjS3M.png

Oh sweet Jebus ... NBC has both Doc Emrick and Pierre McGuire calling water polo.

Think you may that melted has a rink! But hockey and water polo there are similarities between! Easy it should be along to follow. A net by putting a ball into it, teams score! A large woman here is with a DRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

Oh sweet Jebus ... NBC has both Doc Emrick and Pierre McGuire calling water polo.

I didn't watch it yesterday, but watched it today. Pierre wasn't on today, it was some woman instead. Maybe he is commentating just the mens and not the womens?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Nope, he was on for the USA-Hungary women's match this afternoon. I will say this: they pair him with an expert on the sport, and he has no problem with deferring to them.

Just hoping Bettman doesn't get a look at the blinky laser lines across the water and think "Oh hey..."

My wife was a swimmer through high school, and still plays volleyball recreationally. This is a 2-week Super Bowl for her.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Pierre wasn't on today, it was some woman instead. Maybe he is commentating just the mens and not the womens?

must

not

make

joke

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

I don't know what's worse, Angola's jerseys, or their performance tonight. :shocked:

Angola has some of the blandest jerseys I've ever seen. Not to mention the shoes: Whose bright idea was it to buy Oregon-esque highlighter/piss yellow shoes for three of those girls?

Β 

The only issue I've taken with the Olympics so far is the amount of political ads they have. Part of the reason I watch events like the Olympics is to get away from that stuff.

Otherwise though I'm enjoying myself. Not much I have to comment on. Just trying to take everything in as best I can.

The only issue I've taken with the Olympics so far is the amount of political ads they have. Part of the reason I watch events like the Olympics is to get away from that stuff.

Otherwise though I'm enjoying myself. Not much I have to comment on. Just trying to take everything in as best I can.

Better get used to it, just wait til the NFL and World Series start.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived