2012 London Olympics Thread

BigMac12

I'm not too worried about it since they won. It was kind of like a trap game with the complete blowout against Nigeria a couple days ago and what should be a tough game against Argentina coming up. I think this team really cares about winning gold and won't let a performance like today's happen again.

I think most fans and the media will give them a one game pass. But if they lose a game to anyone other then Spain, they will be ripped in the media to no end just like the '04 team was, and if that happens they should be ripped to no end. If your not going to try, don't bother showing up at all.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 medals today! I'm excited!!!

Also did NBC show Michael Phelps last race live?

It's fine that we/Canada finally got a gold medal, but right now, I would rather be Kazakhstan with five medals... ALL GOLD! ... although four of those are in weightlifting ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

The Greatest Olympian ever

article-2183758-1462DFC2000005DC-561_634x828.jpg

Yeeahhhh, M-Pizzle's gonna get blazed tonight, son! Pass that water pipe and don't look back with your gold medal wearing ass.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Great Britain goes down in PKs to South Korea. Aaron Ramsey went 1/2 on PKs during regulation, then Daniel Sturridge missed the last one during PKs to move South Korea to the semi-finals.

And so, even under the Great Britain name, English football still can't catch a :censored: break in knockout-phase PKs.

Update: In the T&F throwing events, apparently they're using remote-controlled toy cars to return throwing implements from the infield to the athletes in the throwing circle. How cool is that?

Update #2: This tanking thing must be contagious. First badminton, then women's soccer, and now track cycling.

Sir Chris Hoy was privately angry after claiming his fifth career gold medal when his teammate Philip Hindes admitted crashing deliberately in the qualification round of the men's team sprint.

<snip>

Hindes picked himself up off the track after a poor start in qualifying, and the 19-year-old German-born rider, who joined British Cycling's academy in October 2010, said his crash was a deliberate ploy.

He said: 'We were saying if we have a bad start we need to crash to get a restart. I just crashed, I did it on purpose to get a restart, just to have the fastest ride. I did it. So it was all planned'

CCSLC signature.png

I just noticed something odd. I'm watching men's field hockey on NBC News (i.e. the channel that used to be called MSNBC), but the graphic they have up in the upper-right corner of the screen still says "MSNBC". What's up with that?

CCSLC signature.png

I just noticed something odd. I'm watching men's field hockey on NBC News (i.e. the channel that used to be called MSNBC), but the graphic they have up in the upper-right corner of the screen still says "MSNBC". What's up with that?

MSNBC is now being called the NBC News Network

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

Microsoft could not even stand MSNBC anymore so they wisely got out like a month ago I am sure there will be a new name and new logo to the channel shortly.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

That doesn't answer my question - why does their Olympics graphic still say MSNBC?

CCSLC signature.png

That doesn't answer my question - why does their Olympics graphic still say MSNBC?

Didn't microsoft just sever ties with the website, and it became NBC News, but the channel remains MSNBC?

Didn't microsoft just sever ties with the website, and it became NBC News, but the channel remains MSNBC?

I think they are severing all ties and its just a matter of time before MSNBC becomes NBC News.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I like how all the Australian national teams have nicknames. The Stingers, Sharks, Boomers, Opals, Kookaburras, Hockeyroos, etc...

I know in rugby, there's the Kiwis, Springboks, Lions, etc. from other nations, but do other countries do this with their national teams?

Archived