USA Soccer - new hoop kits in action

ARTnSocal

Colombia and Mexico, for example, will wear their uniform so that the three elements (shirt, shorts and socks) match up with the corresponding bands on their national flags.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not always. For whatever reason, Mexico's home kit in the World Cup was green/white/white.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Not always. For whatever reason, Mexico's home kit in the World Cup was green/white/white.

And the women and U-## teams wore what were essentially Germany's black kits in their respective world cups last summer

>>>>>

Notice Chicharito's shirt ... red under the arms and a red stripe along the shoulder. Guess that's the reason for not wearing red socks.

I remember the game because I found it odd seeing the Argie's in navy shorts rather than their customary black ones.

_48191808_hernandez_goal_640.jpg

Colombia and Mexico, for example, will wear their uniform so that the three elements (shirt, shorts and socks) match up with the corresponding bands on their national flags.

Cameroon does as well. Green shirts, red shorts, yellow socks.

6fQjS3M.png

This much is certain, though?and I think most if not all of us Yanks can agree on this here: the USSF (and/or Nike) needs to pick something and stick to it.

Yes I agree ... we should .. just as Holland, Italy, France, Argentina, Brasil, Uruguay, Paraguay Ireland, etc etc ...... but I also think we should pick a venue for our home games and stick with that too.

Virtually all countries play their home games in their nations capitol, yet we rotate our venues all over. I realize we're a big country but we should not be playing Mexico and other Central American teams in CA, AZ, TX, and FL, it takes from the home-pitch advantage .... Mexico is a huge country yet they always play their home games in Mexico City at Aztec Stadium and they've only lost once there I believe, to Costa Rica.

Back to kits ... I don't like shirts with sashes although I see judging from this board that many of our US soccer footy fans do.

I loved these shirts back in '94 ..... but they needed dark navy or white shorts. The red was overkill, the jersey number and nobs in red were quite suffice IMO.

TDK_lalas-94-400x2252.jpg

I have to respectfully disagree. Lets say we did pick a "Home Site" like KC or one of the other Soccer Specific Stadiums. First off people here in the Southeast wouldn't be remotely close to any of them. I know its good 1000 miles to the nearest one to me (Houston) and as much as I love my country and soccer I wouldn't make that trip to see the USMNT play anyone but one of the bigger national teams. Even having it in the US-centralized KC stadium would only make this situation worse. Whereas using different stadiums I go to every match we play when they are in Jax or Tampa, be it that this isn't a normality, I still get a group of my friends and go and have a great time. This wouldn't be possible if we played in only one stadium.

With the up-rise in popularity of soccer in this nation restricting the location of play to only one stadium that would be 2 day trips for many of the population is a marketing disaster. Keep the USMNT touring the nation so that all may enjoy the beautiful game.

As for the home kits I love them other than the numbers. I usually love Nike but they really just need to get over themselves with the polka-dotted "lighter" numbers and just make them solid, and navy, so they make this good look a great look.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

The Germans & Italians don't play at one site either. When you have multiple good facilities & a large fanbase, there isn't really a problem rotating game sites.

The US might want to stick with a general template for their kits the way other teams do. EVERYONE switches ever 2 years, but usually the differences are subtle (stripe width, number font, trim). It seemed like the sash was sticking, but maybe not. The sash is still on the away kit, so who knows what they'll put out for the 2014-2015 set.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

The away kit's sash is sublimated like the home kit, though.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Traditionally speaking, of course. I can't account for the rest of the world population's lack of judgment. :P

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Poland does this as well, wearing a white shirt with red shorts as their primary kit. But their shirts for euro 2012 have the actual flag on the shirt as well. The home kits have the badge and crest on white, same color as the shirt, with a red bar underneath. The red clash shirts have a white bar containing the badge and crest with the implied red stripe under it.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

This much is certain, though—and I think most if not all of us Yanks can agree on this here: the USSF (and/or Nike) needs to pick something and stick to it.

Yes I agree ... we should .. just as Holland, Italy, France, Argentina, Brasil, Uruguay, Paraguay Ireland, etc etc ...... but I also think we should pick a venue for our home games and stick with that too.

Virtually all countries play their home games in their nations capitol, yet we rotate our venues all over. I realize we're a big country but we should not be playing Mexico and other Central American teams in CA, AZ, TX, and FL, it takes from the home-pitch advantage .... Mexico is a huge country yet they always play their home games in Mexico City at Aztec Stadium and they've only lost once there I believe, to Costa Rica.

Azteca Stadium works for Mexico because their major population center happens to be centrally located where ours tend to be located at the extremities of our country. Although Chicago MIGHT work if not for Soldier Field being more suited for mud wrestling, in the absence of an obvious choice for a national stadium, I say you keep the US team touring.

I do like these much better with blue numbers, but I still like the sash kits better.

scotland-usa-image-3-722537079-1.jpg

quick and dirty mockup of the blue numbers-- looks way, way better IMO

Yup.

SO much better. The whole thing flows nicely now. Can't wait for tomorrow

Agreed. Looks much much better. But yeesh, the stripeless, blank space on the back really does look unwieldy, especially with the space around the NOB and the number. If only they could've added one more red stripe at top. Otherwise, it just looks so weird.

Aren't both of those colors lighter than our current navy??

Regarding soldier field, if I'm no mistaken, when we played the gold cup final there it was a pro Mexico crowd.

I'm sure you know why that was, right? :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived