USA Soccer - new hoop kits in action

ARTnSocal

I wonder if the solid navy font will be available for fan jerseys, and if so, I'm curious as to when that would happen.

The navy font is a mock-up based upon what we think it should look like. There is no indication Nike is going in that direction, so there is nothing to go on sale. I do think they'll have to put contrasting numbers on there when WC qualifying begins because the uniform is out-of-regs (numbers aren't clearly legible).

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aren't both of those colors lighter than our current navy??

Regarding soldier field, if I'm no mistaken, when we played the gold cup final there it was a pro Mexico crowd.

I'm sure you know why that was, right? :P

that's been a huge issue for the national team...basically the west coast is more of a home field advantage for latin american countries than it is for the yanks.

pretty soon the home fixtures will have to be moved to toronto or montreal.

So are they changing the numbers or not? And are the wearing the hoops tonight, or are they wearing the blue sweatervests?

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

So are they changing the numbers or not? And are the wearing the hoops tonight, or are they wearing the blue sweatervests?

Hoops.

I'd be a little suprised if they changed the numbers and a little more surprised if they did it before tonight's game.

The navy font is a mock-up based upon what we think it should look like. There is no indication Nike is going in that direction, so there is nothing to go on sale. I do think they'll have to put contrasting numbers on there when WC qualifying begins because the uniform is out-of-regs (numbers aren't clearly legible).

Right. I realized the image earlier in the thread was a fan mock-up. It does seem a likely solution based off of Grant Wahl's tweet. I was thinking of all those fans who have purchased a personalized jersey that has a font that won't be used and wondering out loud if US Soccer would continue to sell the illegible numbers to their fans.

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

Kits look way better with the darker shirt numbers...hopefully fans can get the darker numbers as well.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I bet he's not allowed to be photographed from the front wearing that jersey.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

They switched at half? I guess the players don't like the navy numbers...

They didn't switch at half. They're wearing the same jerseys as the first half. I don't think the announcer noticed the new numbers until the second half.

They didn't switch at half. They're wearing the same jerseys as the first half. I don't think the announcer noticed the new numbers until the second half.

>>>>>

Just a friendly FYI ... The announcer is the legendary Ian Darke, very famous for calling English Premier League games on Sky (via Fox Soccer Channel) but has been calling all the games televised on ESPN-2 since the last World Cup. He's one of the best in the business.

neymar.tx.jpg

Well, Phil Knight probably has a big smile on his face. Even for a friendly this one was hyped up quite a bit and both teams look sharp in Nike's best.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Three different @GrantWahl tweets:

If you knew the work the US backroom staff went through to get new navy numbers for the uniforms tonight, you would be impressed.

The jersey number color switch will cost US Soccer close to six-figures at the very least, by the way.

US jersey snafu was not Nike's fault. US Soccer Federation took charge of numbering a while back.

[[side note from me- shame about the result. Brazil is very potent to score at any point and they certainly showed that tonight. However, I do agree that the US had a good showing offensively and definitely had some unlucky breaks with the way the ball fell tonight. Easily could have been a more level scoreline.]]

Archived