International Football Musings

crashcarson15

Arsenal and Reading..... :shocked: what an insane match!

Down 0-4 in the 1st Half ,Arsenal came back with 4 including one in stoppage time to force extra time, then Arsenal scored to make it 5-4 in the 1st extra time then reading came back with a goal 5-5 then Wolcott scored his 3rd goal of the game on the 2nd Extra Time period and Chamakh put the icing on the cake for a very memorable Arsenal Victory 7-5.

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like there will actually be less games on every week, then, since FSC showed many games on tape delay.

I'd much rather have more live matches available to me than anything on delay. Although, FSC and ESPN are airing how many per week live right now?

Also, that's the type of loss that could send Reading's campaign into a tailspin.

6fQjS3M.png

They air quite a few live between ESPN, FSC, and FS+, so I think it'll be a more-or-less lateral move there. But for the games that start at the same time, there are only so many channels on which to show them. It's nice that FSC/FS+ shows many of the other games on delay and generally do a nice job of not spoiling those results before their premiere showings. As someone who's a fan of an unfashionable team, it means I at least get to see the game; and if I avoid social media, I get to watch it as if it were live.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

They air quite a few live between ESPN, FSC, and FS+, so I think it'll be a more-or-less lateral move there. But for the games that start at the same time, there are only so many channels on which to show them. It's nice that FSC/FS+ shows many of the other games on delay and generally do a nice job of not spoiling those results before their premiere showings. As someone who's a fan of an unfashionable team, it means I at least get to see the game; and if I avoid social media, I get to watch it as if it were live.

NBC/Comcast actually has more channels to deal with if they want to air every game live on Saturdays. The time difference on the East Coast does allow for games to be aired live on USA Network, CNBC, MSNBC, and even Telemundo within that window. The Saturday Kid's shows "E/I" programming could be aired earlier or later to adhere to the FCC regulations for network NBC.

The currently claim that they will broadcast 200 of the 380 games on broadcast air, with the others available digitally.

The final Sunday is also easy for 2013 too since they have the capacity if they want to use it with Bravo, E!, and even G4 (or sub-lease 2-3 games out to other channels like ESPN2 or FX as that occurs all the time with college football and baseball).

Yeah. I just emailed Time Warner customer service about it.

You can understand my skepticism though. I mean, we didn't NFL Network until a few weeks ago.

TimeWarner Cable and BrightHouse will air beIN Sport.

http://fangsbites.co...ht-house-cable/

Aww yeah.

Anyway, I like this NBC all-out blitz for the Premier League. This only means good things for American soccer fans.

spacer.png

So, Milton Keynes Dons will host AFC Wimbledon in the FA Cup Second Round Proper.

Oh my.

That's an understatement. I know there are people who worry that AFCW supporters' loyalties will be split. I know there's been a large debate regarding if any AFCW supporters should travel to the game, paying ticket money to MK.

(:censored: Franchise:MK.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

So, Milton Keynes Dons will host AFC Wimbledon in the FA Cup Second Round Proper.

Oh my.

That's an understatement. I know there are people who worry that AFCW supporters' loyalties will be split. I know there's been a large debate regarding if any AFCW supporters should travel to the game, paying ticket money to MK.

( :censored: Franchise:MK.)

Yeah, it's quite the mess -- I get both sides of the argument from AFCW supporters and in general, end up agreeing with them. Though at the same time, it'd be tough for me to turn my back on the players I support. I like AFCW, and like most fans, can't stand MK. Sorry, when your chairman comes out and says he doesn't want to go through having to build up the table and forces another club's supporters to re-start from square one, I lose all respect for you. I sat across the way from an AFCW player on the tube once. He seemed like a really nice lad.

Go Dons! (The real ones, that is.)

6fQjS3M.png

So why aren't these fans who are going to boycott any different from Cleveland Browns fans who can't get over it?

Because the Football Association and Football League originally ruled against the move, only to have a panel reverse course at the last minute.

Also, franchise relocation's never really happened in soccer before/after.

EDIT: Also circumstances are much different. With the Browns deal, the Browns were assured of a spot in the National Football League. With AFC Wimbledon, they have never been assured a spot in the league they left (League One) and still have not returned to that league, having to endure ten years now of work to get to League Two, where they still sulk in the bottom half of the table.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived