Lycan38's NHL - Senators Added

Lycan38

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to see the Blues and Blackhawks designs are well received. Here is the Canucks update.

Vancouver Canucks (update)

VANCanucks4a.png

I made some minor tweaks to original design.

I think if you were to add blue forearms to the Canucks white jerseys it would be the perfect look for the team. Still looks really good.

• 1 month later...

It has been some time since I last posted a concept. Heres a new one.

Toronto Maple Leafs

TORMapleLeafs3.png

Nothing outside the box, stuck to what worked well for them in the past.

I like it. Toronto is one of those teams that is hard to make any noticable changes to without a drastic overhaul.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for comments on Toronto.

Minnesota Wild

MINWild4.png

This started out as a Stadium Series concept, but I liked it enough to make a full set. What I did was combined their past and current looks. Well, thats pretty much it. Feel free to comment.

I like what you've done with the Wild here. While most Wild concepts ditch the red sweater, you've done a nice job making it fit in with an update of the excellent white sweater! The only thing I don't care for is the use of the roundel shoulder patch, but that's more for reasons of redundancy than anything else. Well done!

Glad to see the Blues and Blackhawks designs are well received. Here is the Canucks update.

Vancouver Canucks (update)

VANCanucks4a.png

I made some minor tweaks to original design.

Very nice Canucks concept. The classic block font looks so much better than the cheap Agency font. All I would do is add a bold green border and it's perfect.

My one main nitpick here is about the Stadium Series jerseys.... now, don't get me wrong, they're all great... They would look better in Winter Classic games though. They don't fit the "brand" that the league has been applying to teams in the Stadium Series games.

At the end of this year, we will have had two seasons with Stadium Series games, and in each one, the teams wear jerseys that are very modern and unique jerseys... except the Devils because they're no fun.

Now, by all means, these are your concepts and if you feel the SS should go retro then by all means. But personally, I don't see the league straying away from their modernized outdoor games. I think these Stadium Series concepts would be the best place for you to try some out of the box ideas with jersey design, stuff that hasn't been seen before.

That all being said. Great job with all of these, sad to see the Wild without a green jersey though. You pump out some really good stuff here, keep it up.

Thanks for the feedback (as always).

Colorado Avalanche (update)

COLAvalanche1B.png

Dropped the vintage white. Brought back silver and changed the striping to the home and road jerseys. Added a alternate home option

As an Avs fan I have to say I LOVE the alternate jersey here! Great work! One little thing though, Landeskog is the Captain, where is the "C" patch?

• 1 month later...

That is a spectacular update and exactly what the team should do. I agree the silver looks really nice and the set is overall, a better attempt at modernization than the midnight blue and copper uniforms.

5 Star concept right there.

I love it. That's absolutely perfect for the Ducks.

Thanks.

Buffalo Sabres

BUFSabres2.png

Decided to revisit Buffalo for this next concept. First off I took the alternate logo from the black/red era and did some rework on it. Simplified the blades and outlines to give it ties to the classic Sabres logo. Onto the primary look, I wanted something simple and identifiable for Buffalo. Incorporated silver as it is done on the current look only within the neck of the jersey. Keeping with the past I stuck with the colored yoke and trim on the road and added the primary logo to the shoulders as well (as was done in the 80s). For the third, I wanted to do something different. So, I went with a barber poled inspired design and placed the charging buffalo on the jersey for a simple look.

I know this is from awhile ago, but that Sabres logo is pure genius. I wish they started using that logo today.

Your Wild, Canucks, Coyotes, Nordiques, and Kings (especially the purple home) concepts are all amazing. I also love when you gave the Penguins triangular shoulder yokes, they looked great.

Btw this entire thread has been amazing from the start.

spacer.png

Archived