Logos and jerseys that need updates

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope I speak for most Chargers fans when I say that the ugly '90s Ryan Leaf uniforms are incredibly overrated and boring.

I liked the road whites when pared with the navy pants. The other combos in that set were underwhelming, but they were superior to the current set, in some ways.

7142.gif

Dear god, it's horrible.

Also, cool story last year, but horrible logo:

7064.gif

Yea, the UIC may just need to be destroyed, and done with a clean slate. No update. I think the Norfolk State logo could be very good with a Cardinals type update to it.

I hope I speak for most Chargers fans when I say that the ugly '90s Ryan Leaf uniforms are incredibly overrated and boring.

Ladainian_Tomlinson-3.jpg> chargers_quarterback-13553.jpg

Not sure I would agree on either account, but I will say the Chargers are insane for not fully embracing powder blue.

All of these logos need an update...

885.gifg9mgk6x3ge26t44cccm9oq1vl.gifuig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gifgvc4r743h73yoif2hnvzzbir9.gif

burm5gh2wvjti3xhei5h16k8e.gifoxahxcheae4mgu4wopqj9ydhy.gifwnyd2zhh84f50ux4uxyqbktbh.gif3zhma0aeq17tktge1huh7yok5.gif

Not overhauls, just updates.

As a Raiders fan, they could really use a more intimidating and modern style to their identity. As a Lakers fan, they need to do absolutely nothing to their logo. Maybe they can have a jersey with the old Los Angeles script, but that's it.

bSLCtu2.png

As a diehard Vikings fan, I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT want any changes to the Vikings Norseman logo. That logo is a classic and doesn't need any kind of updating. I'm guessing most other Vikings fans would agree with me.

The uniforms ... that's another thing. Just make sure you keep the horned helmets. There was worry about getting rid of the horns when the Vikes updated the uniforms not so long ago. The horned helmets and the Norseman logo are sacred to Vikings fans.

I'm a die hard Vikings fan, and going to have to disagree with you on the logo. I can't wait for the day we get a "cardinals" style update. I don't want a new logo all together, just update it.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Jets ( Go back to the old logo, colors )

They're already using a variation of their "old" logo and colors. Do you mean go back to the "new" look they had in the 80's?

The Jets "old" look:

joe-namath-si.jpgjoe-namath.jpg

The Jets "new" look:

freeman.jpg26418d1316565204-jets-induct-four-new-players-stadiums-ring-freeman-mcneil.png

BB52Big.jpg

The current set isn't perfect due to its overreliance on bland navy, but at least it contains the traditional powder blue.

The current set isn't flawed because it uses navy. Nor is it flawed because it uses powder blue. One of the set's biggest flaws is that it uses both, in a failed attempt to try and appeal to everyone. Either use navy, or use powder blue, don't use both.

The new set also falls short with the pointless move of the lightning bolts from over the shoulders to across the sleeves, the backwards bolts on the sleeves, the tribal pattern bolts on the pants, and the custom for the sake of custom number font. Not to mention the redundant wordmark under the collar. The uniform is covered with lightning bolts. You don't need to literally spell out "CHARGERS."

The Leaf-era set was a bit on the dull side (especially the navy home jersey) but at least it knew what it was. The current set seems like it was designed by committee, a mishmash of various design elements. I love the idea of white helmets and powder blue for the chargers, just not in the way they went about it. Give me the straight up throwbacks we saw during the NFL 75th Anniversary and the AFL 50th, or modernization of that set that resists the urge to add an unnecessary second shade of blue.

Also, no gold pants please.

They're already using a variation of their "old" logo and colors. Do you mean go back to the "new" look they had in the 80's?

The Jets "old" look:

joe-namath-si.jpgjoe-namath.jpg

The Jets "new" look:

freeman.jpg26418d1316565204-jets-induct-four-new-players-stadiums-ring-freeman-mcneil.png

The one in the 80's. But since I wasn't alive in the 80's the "throwback" logo is new to me. If anything, the original plane logo was better than what they have now.

The Jets "old" look:

*snip*

The Jets "new" look:

*snip*

The one in the 80's. But since I wasn't alive in the 80's the "throwback" logo is new to me. If anything, the original plane logo was better than what they have now.

Synonymous with 20 years of Ken O'Brien, Browning Nagle, and Rich Kotite. In other words, lousy football. Pass.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

The current set isn't perfect due to its overreliance on bland navy, but at least it contains the traditional powder blue.

The current set isn't flawed because it uses navy. Nor is it flawed because it uses powder blue. One of the set's biggest flaws is that it uses both, in a failed attempt to try and appeal to everyone. Either use navy, or use powder blue, don't use both.

The new set also falls short with the pointless move of the lightning bolts from over the shoulders to across the sleeves, the backwards bolts on the sleeves, the tribal pattern bolts on the pants, and the custom for the sake of custom number font. Not to mention the redundant wordmark under the collar. The uniform is covered with lightning bolts. You don't need to literally spell out "CHARGERS."

The Leaf-era set was a bit on the dull side (especially the navy home jersey) but at least it knew what it was. The current set seems like it was designed by committee, a mishmash of various design elements. I love the idea of white helmets and powder blue for the chargers, just not in the way they went about it. Give me the straight up throwbacks we saw during the NFL 75th Anniversary and the AFL 50th, or modernization of that set that resists the urge to add an unnecessary second shade of blue.

Also, no gold pants please.

I agree that the Chargers made a major mistake trying to make everyone happy. That just isn't possible and the end result is their current uniforms. But I must admit I completely disagree about not bringing back their yellow/gold. If the Chargers went with powder blue/yellow combo, they would have a unique color scheme and would also separate themselves from the Titans. I still feel their '90s uniforms were their best (even went to a Super Bowl with them) and loved the addition of the powder blue alternate once the NFL allowed a 3rd uniform option. That alternate uniform is vastly superior to their current alternate powder blue option.

Great

52de53f01c8e9ea4a77170b55f574593-getty-.jpg

Bad

Chargers-49rs.jpg

Archived