Logos and jerseys that need updates

I think this is starting to look too 90's now. 250px-Toronto_Raptors.svg.png

The Raptors need a total overhaul, maybe even a name change.

That's hideous. I wish they went back to the Husky name. But I don't know about ditching red, black, silver, and white for just purple and white. Since Purple and white only was the Toronto Huskies colors back in day before they ceased in the 1950's.

That was their original plan, but they soon realized that it would be very hard to make a logo that wasn't similar to the Timberwolves'. Considering some of the other finalists in the naming contest (Dragons, Scorpions, Tarantulas), I'm glad they went with "Raptors".

That is true. That's why I also kind of iffy about that.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MLB:

Angels - Put some blue back in the unis

Marlins - Lose the "M" from the logo, and pull back on the black. Incorporate some blue SOMEWHERE

Nationals - Ditch the "DC" logo.

Padres - They used to have color in their logos, now it's just navy.

NFL:

Jets - I hate throwbacks as jerseys. Try and come up with a modern look (preferably with a brighter green)

Texans - I just don't like the logo

Jaguars - Their colors are black and teal... but their logo is a normal looking Jaguar?

Every NFL Team: Throwbacks are not Alts, and should not be used except for anniversary seasons.

MLB:

Marlins - Lose the "M" from the logo, and pull back on the black. Incorporate some blue SOMEWHERE

NFL:

Jets - I hate throwbacks as jerseys. Try and come up with a modern look (preferably with a brighter green)

Jaguars - Their colors are black and teal... but their logo is a normal looking Jaguar?

Every NFL Team: Throwbacks are not Alts, and should not be used except for anniversary seasons.

Texans logo is perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

203px-Sacramento_Kings.svg.png

183936_183704341671185_165466290161657_425951_1026553_n.jpg

Possible, but the Sonics name will return as well as a team in Seattle.

As for the Raptors, I really don't know why people want to change the name. How many dinosaur names do we have in major pro sports?

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

MLB:

NFL:

Texas = perfect

Jaguars = ... how else is it supposed to look?

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

As for the Raptors, I really don't know why people want to change the name. How many dinosaur names do we have in major pro sports?

"Raptor" is also another name for "bird of prey," a class of birds that includes the Northern Hawk Owl, which seems like an appropriate name for a team from Canada. Perhaps they could re-brand based on that and get rid of the Jurassic Park stigma once and for all.

That said, I really like Huskies as a name and wish that had been chosen.

"Raptor" is also another name for "bird of prey," a class of birds that includes the Northern Hawk Owl, which seems like an appropriate name for a team from Canada. Perhaps they could re-brand based on that and get rid of the Jurassic Park stigma once and for all.

I just don't see anything wrong with a velociraptor as a mascot. It's unique without being completely stupid (i.e., the Medesto Nuts)....

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

How have we gotten through 4 pages, and no one has mentioned the Denver Broncos's uniform. They've had them for 15 years, and have began to look seriously dated. I know they won back-to-back Super Bowls in them, but that was a while back. Another thing is that the template is used for just about every small town high school, FCS team, and any lower division of college football. Keep the logo, but change the uniforms completely.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

203px-Sacramento_Kings.svg.png

183936_183704341671185_165466290161657_425951_1026553_n.jpg

NO!

I really hope we get an expansion franchise and do not steal another city's team. We know how it feels and I don't wish that on anyone else.

How have we gotten through 4 pages, and no one has mentioned the Denver Broncos's uniform. They've had them for 15 years, and have began to look seriously dated. I know they won back-to-back Super Bowls in them, but that was a while back. Another thing is that the template is used for just about every small town high school, FCS team, and any lower division of college football. Keep the logo, but change the uniforms completely.

That's why they shouldn't change.

Then we could have the Toronto Raptors vs Atlanta Hawks, in a "bird of prey" showdown.

[

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Then we could have the Toronto Raptors vs Atlanta Hawks, in a "bird of prey" showdown.

Speaking of which, the reason they didn't go with "Huskies" is because it would be really hard to make logos not similar to the Timberwolves'. I'd imagine they'd have that same issue with Atlanta if they did decide to go the bird of prey route.

Either way, their identity is fine as it. While it could use some tweaks, no major re-brand is needed.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Speaking of which, the reason they didn't go with "Huskies" is because it would be really hard to make logos not similar to the Timberwolves'. I'd imagine they'd have that same issue with Atlanta if they did decide to go the bird of prey route.

Either way, their identity is fine as it. While it could use some tweaks, no major re-brand is needed.

Oh yes it is. They look terrible and redundant. I'd rather even see them dressed as the basketball division of the Maple Leafs (which they basically are), with just blue and white. Maybe a maple leaf and the CN Tower inside a basketball, like so, with Toronto Subway lettering:

FGCCh.jpg

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1) Well, yes, but unlike OKC, it incorporates iconography of the city (and nation!) beyond just spelling it out on a guitar pick, and since the nickname is question is "dinosaurs," it could for the best to play up Toronto instead.

2) I agree completely, but still wanted to give BasketLeafs a whirl. With all the blue in the NBA, no one is plain blue and white. Weird.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Oh yes it is. They look terrible and redundant. I'd rather even see them dressed as the basketball division of the Maple Leafs (which they basically are), with just blue and white. Maybe a maple leaf and the CN Tower inside a basketball, like so, with Toronto Subway lettering:

FGCCh.jpg

Re-branding to anything would leave them with four different identities in under 20 years. I wouldn't mind if they started off with something along the lines of that in 1995 (With a different name, of course.), but it's not a smart move to go from Jurassic Park Meets Barney to purple/red/black/ to red/black/silver to Maple Leafs in under 2 decades. Hell, we'd be approaching Charlotte BobCATS territory. It would almost be too "cute" if they dressed up like their big brother, kind of like when you see two little brothers in the mall wearing the same clothes. In a vacuum, perhaps a complete fresh start for this team would be welcome. At this point in time, though, no.

EDIT: If they ever change their colour scheme, it should be purple/black/silver. They never really nailed colour balance between red/purple/black.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

1) Well, yes, but unlike OKC, it incorporates iconography of the city (and nation!) beyond just spelling it out on a guitar pick, and since the nickname is question is "dinosaurs," it could for the best to play up Toronto instead.

2) I agree completely, but still wanted to give BasketLeafs a whirl. With all the blue in the NBA, no one is plain blue and white. Weird.

Howzabout just purple and white?

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Archived