What new rivalries do you see emerging due to conference expansion?

BRM_PTX

I was thinking about this earlier about how conference expansion is going to create new rivalries and am curious to see what you guys think. Here's what I think.

Texas A&M - Arkansas

Texas A&M - Alabama

Then I told that teacher lady the only three letters I need to know are U, S, and A.

I was thinking about this earlier about how conference expansion is going to create new rivalries and am curious to see what you guys think. Here's what I think.

Texas A&M - Arkansas

Texas A&M - Alabama

That's not exactly a "new" rivalry... it was a staple of the Southwest Conference for a good six decades.

Whenever I see one of your posts, I feel like I should be reading "Git 'R Done!" at the end of your posts.....

So that's not just me, then? :D

West Virginia vs Okie State

UL-Boise (2013, if UL stays)

Temple-RU

UL-Kansas (2013 Basketball, if UL leaves for Big XII)

Texas A&M-LSU and Texas A&M-UF

Mizzou-Arkansas

Texas St-UTSA (newer rivalry)

BYU-ND

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

None. Because they won't be around long enough to create a rivalry with anyone. I can't see West Virginia lasting all that long in the Big 12. I see them in about 5-10 years bolting for the ACC or the SEC. As far as Boise State and the Big East we all know they will be gone when they get a better deal from the Pac 12(for now). I just seen in about 5 or so years there only being 4 conferences, the SEC, Pac 12, Big 10, and probably the ACC.

None. Because they won't be around long enough to create a rivalry with anyone. I can't see West Virginia lasting all that long in the Big 12. I see them in about 5-10 years bolting for the ACC or the SEC. As far as Boise State and the Big East we all know they will be gone when they get a better deal from the Pac 12(for now). I just seen in about 5 or so years there only being 4 conferences, the SEC, Pac 12, Big 10, and probably the ACC.

The ACC should have dropped the whole academics charade and let WV join the conference along with another northern based Big East school (likely UConn). Letting one "dumb school" in the fold would not have hurt the academic standing of the other ACC schools. They missed a great opportunity for many instant rivalries to be reborn within the conference (WVU vs Pitt, Maryland, & Virginia Tech. UConn vs Boston College & Syracuse). Not to mention they could have set up an even North/South division alignment that would have made more sense than the current scattered division alignment they use now.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I'm assuming this is for football, but I'm really excited to see regular basketball games because Syracuse, UNC and Duke.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Boise State in the Pac-1? will never, ever happen. Except where they're an associate member in an Olympic sport. But the real deal? No. way. Ever.

As for new football rivalries emerging, I could see a SMU-Rutgers rivalry developing a la Giants-Cowboys if the conference remained how they are for a long time and programs stayed respectable.

But only grasping at straws really. Hard to say, I think it usually takes a bit of spark unless you're in the B1G where they invent rivalry trophies after a team joins to mix things up.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

I'm assuming this is for football, but I'm really excited to see regular basketball games because Syracuse, UNC and Duke.

It's for any collegiate sport really. I just posted two football rivalries because I'm most familiar with college football.

Then I told that teacher lady the only three letters I need to know are U, S, and A.

Texas A&M - Arkansas

Texas A&M - Alabama

Those are going to be some pretty lopsided rivalries for the next couple of years. Pow! Almost as bad as the Astros and Rangers P-Pow! Aw dammit, I hurt my own feelings.

Speaking of Texas rivalries, I take it University of Houston and SMU will be marketed as rivals when they leap to the Big East.

Ugh, the Acc already declared those two permanent rivals in Basketball. For Maryland, Pitt basically replaces Dike as the team they are guaranteed to face home and home each year. As a fan that sucks

The ACC should have dropped the whole academics charade and let WV join the conference along with another northern based Big East school (likely UConn). Letting one "dumb school" in the fold would not have hurt the academic standing of the other ACC schools. They missed a great opportunity for many instant rivalries to be reborn within the conference (WVU vs Pitt, Maryland, & Virginia Tech. UConn vs Boston College & Syracuse). Not to mention they could have set up an even North/South division alignment that would have made more sense than the current scattered division alignment they use now.

Again as a fan I'm not a fan of north south alignment. Maryland would basically get moved from the ACC to the old Big East. And WVU is the type of school that drags you down.

That said I am glad there are more northern teams to counteract the Carolina cabal, but I don't loke all the effects. Hopefully the next step will be getting the tournament out of a Mayberry and into real cities. I don't want WVU or UConn. Neither bring anything to the table.

FIU - Southern Miss - Tulsa = The "Golden" Rivalry

FAKE EDIT: I just realized FIU dropped the "Golden" from their name.

Oh well, I'll change it to FIU-Tulane (just for the sake of me hating a team named Green Wave again). Call it the "Try-To-Keep-Your-Players-From-Violating-Curfew" Rivalry. B)

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

Penn State vs. [insert FCS bottomfeeder here]

Boise State vs. Oregon, for real

Boise State in the Pac-1? will never, ever happen. Except where they're an associate member in an Olympic sport. But the real deal? No. way. Ever.

Disagree. When push comes to shove and the superconferences start forming, the PAC will drop the academics charade and go for the ratings money like everyone else.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Yeah, mark me down for that. I'm totally making the road trip back to Syracuse to watch them play Duke and UNC the first time in ACC play at the Dome. Lacrosse is gonna be all sorts of fun to watch, too.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I've thought that Wake-Vanderbilt would be a good rivalry. Think about it.

If those in "The Magnolia Group" wanted to make a series at what they wouldve done it already. Wake, due to its small enrollment and alumni base cant move tix.

Archived