2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The announcer of the Bears game just called Matt Forte, Adrian Peterson. I wish haha

I think he called Adrian Wilson "Adrian Peterson" too. Definitely got Fox's C team in Glendale.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I'm listening to the Titans radio broadcast, and they mentioned how each year, the Green Bay Packers send everyone on their waiting list a postcard telling them what spot in line they're in. Some guy recently got his postcard, telling him that he's #226. He's been on their waiting list since 1976, I believe they said.

That line's moving right along....

A lot of teams have huge waiting lists. I have season tickets to the Broncos, which have been in my family since day 1 one the Broncos, and my priority # (#1 being the guy whose had season tickets the longest) is in the 200's. And my friend's dad has been on the waiting list since 1983 and he is #332 in line.

I've contemplated giving up the season tickets because they are really expensive, I can't afford them, I'm too busy to go to any of the games (haven't been to a game in 5 years), and up until this season the Broncos were just awful. But I am still holding on to them because I know once they are gone, they are gone for good. So I just resell them on stub hub.

jNTsTyQ.png

I wonder how many yards Jerry Rice picked up in garbage time while the 49ers were blowing teams out. It works both ways.

I'm back in Columbus for the holidays and I just learned that after the Bengals-Steelers game today we have to go to my uncle's house for our family Christmas get-together. Him and the rest of the family are Steelers fans (don't ask me why, they're from western Ohio. So, your standard Steeler fan with no connection to the city of Pittsburgh). Needless to say, a Bengals loss and I'm in for an incredibly annoying evening.

The stakes just got raised. This is the most important Bengals-Steelers game in my life as a Bengals fan. They HAVE to win or things will get uncomfortable with the relatives later.

Enjoy your night McCarthy. Who-Dey!

Even after losing, Dallas still wins the division with a win over Washington next week. All this stupid NFC East drama for nothing.

Only if the Giants lose to the Ravens or Eagles. If the G-Men win out and the Cowboys beat the Redskins next week, the Giants would still win the division. If they lose just one game, the NFC East Champion will be the Redskins or Cowboys.

It'll be one helluva game, but I think the Redskins are going to win. They're just better.

CowboysΒ -Β LakersΒ -Β LAFC - USMNTΒ -Β LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFCΒ 

The Bears offense is having a hell of a time figuring out the league's worst defense. Yeah, this team's definitely championship caliber. *SIGH*

edit: apparently the Cards are like 9th overall on defense. I misheard a statistic.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Jags also have the third cheapeast tickets in the league and who knows how many comps/stubhub deals.

Big stadium/small stadium or not, that's still something a lot of other NFL owners could stand to learn from. I get that C.R.E.A.N.F.L.O's and all, but Sam Walton came up with a great commerce model many moons backβ€”you know, "stack 'em high, sell 'em low"β€”and it sure seems to be working for his empire. ;P Jaguars, too.

Keep in mind that non-premium seat NFL gate revenue is split 60/40 with the visiting team. In the case of teams who set their blackout limit at 85% of the available tickets, once they reach the 85% mark, they split the gate 50/50 with the visitor.

JAX choose to use the 100% option for blackouts, and thus their pricing structure. And unlike 2010 and 2011, the major did not have to beg for 4,000+ season tickets to be sold.

The announcer of the Bears game just called Matt Forte, Adrian Peterson. I wish haha

GOD DAMN IT DICK STOCKTON Y U ALWAYS DO THIS

Three-run homer for Adolfo Soriano!

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

I think he called Adrian Wilson "Adrian Peterson" too. Definitely got Fox's C team in Glendale.

In the Vikes' game, Adrian Peterson was called Andre Peterson.

haha I saw that too. He corrected himself too.

Did anyone happen to see what Adrian peterson's shirt said under his pads? I thought it said "Adrian Peterson: The God King" but he can't possibly be that cocky can he?

And does anyone know why the punt that hit DJ Moore and the Cardinals ran in for a Touchdown was brought back?

The Bears offense is having a hell of a time figuring out the league's worst defense. Yeah, this team's definitely championship caliber. *SIGH*

edit: apparently the Cards are like 9th overall on defense. I misheard a statistic.

Still 1 for 15 or whatever he is, is unacceptable. I've never seen so many incompletions.

And does anyone know why the punt that hit DJ Moore and the Cardinals ran in for a Touchdown was brought back?

If a punt is just touched or muffed by the receiving team, the ball is dead as soon as the kicking team recovers it. (The receiving team can advance the ball if they resume control of the ball.) The kicking team never had possession of the ball, hence no advancement of the ball.

If the ball is caught, then fumbled....the ball can be returned by the kicking team for a touchdown.

Wow. Steelers out of the playoffs while the Bengals and Colts are in. For the NFC, the Seahawks and Redskins may also be in. The 2012-13 playoffs will be that more entertaining for me to watch IMO.

Insert Signature Here?

Β―\_(ツ)_/Β―

Archived