Bradley University Rebrands

rams80

Bradley Announcement and logos.

Joe Bosack handled the design.

I understand the desire to "unify" the Bradley brand, but the net result feels kind of underwhelming; the "B Shield" makes me think of the logo of a diploma mill or a particularly douchey brand of menswear, which is probably not what Bradley was going for.

On the flip side, if this means that Bradley's black basketball uniforms go in the dumpster, I suppose I can't complain TOO much.

Old logo for comparison:

Bradley-1.jpg

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

SRXAXVZZBFPQRJN.20120816220505.jpg

ECIPTEXGSPPSHAQ.20120816222703.jpg

I like the sport-specific wordmarks, except for cross country. Would've just shortened it to XC so the truncated lines weren't reduced to dashes.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

When I read the thread title I thought "Well that's an interesting nickname, the Rebrands, I kind of like it. An f-u to the powers that are making them drop their Native American name and rebrand."

I was let down. By both the real nickname, and my expectations for the brand.

The Double-B is a very nice element, and the wordmark is very clean with just enough character. But as a full identity, I'm not sure where I stand. It's tough spot to design from--there is no obvious imagery from which to draw. Maybe with that in mind this is the right direction. I'm just not sure yet. I think I'd prefer to see the shield filled with solid red and the Double-B mark inverted. Might make the look a little bolder.

thats good work. i wouldnt expect anything less from Joe. thats a solid system and will look great in application, which we havent even seen yet. that primary sewn into a hoodie or on a jersey will look fantastic.

It'll be interesting to see how it's applied on a red background. I assume if it's just the double-B, they'll have to invert it. But if it's the shield, will it just be a white shield (dropping the outline), or will they invert the shield so it's red bg/white outline/red shield?

Much better, obviously, but there's something weird about the inner white B. The mitred outside corners seem too close to the inside corners for comfort.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Bosack really mailed it in on this one.

BORING!

Could've done some great stuff. This is meh.

Could he? I think for what Bradley gave him he nailed it. Clean, classic.

Can't use Braves. Bradley's campus isn't too breath taking, a lot of it is under construction right now. Not a whole lot of game changing history.

I personally like it, though it seems a little brief, I'd like to see more marks, or maybe there are we havent seen them. But yeah.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

I'm at Bradley right now, and I'm hearing rumors that we're switching to "Brave" instead of "Braves". Kinda dumb since theres not even a reference to the native americans at all anymore.

I think that's a very reasonable compromise... suck it up and be glad you're not becoming the Redhawks. :D

While simple and a little too Ivy League, this new logo should be able to hold up for a long time.

I was wondering what seemed a bit off about these to me, and I think this is it. I could easily see this being a set for Brown (if it were recolored in brown) or Cornell (if the B were a C).

Archived