College Colors Day 2012

GriffinM6

Well the annual college colors day is Friday, the 31st. On this day, fans all over the country support their favorite college(s) by wearing their colors, merchandise, jerseys, etc. I plan on supporting my 2 favorite college teams; Miami and Pitt on Friday. I will wear my white Ken Dorsey jersey over my grey Pitt tshirt. What do you plan on wearing and/or doing to support your team?

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Which apparel provider pushed this?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Which apparel provider pushed this?

No one. It's something done every year since 2009 as I recall.

Ah! A fine tradition then! Kanpai!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Gators t-shirt and cap for me!

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

This is the first time I've heard about this "movement". If I wear my throwback LA Kings jersey, will I be supporting LSU? If I wear my black and silver LA Kings Stanley Cup jersey... I have no clue who I will be supporting... any clues on that one? I don't have any college gear as I don't have a team I follow.

I saw a lot more promo stuff about this last year. It was all over Facebook, which made it seem more legitimate than something created by an apparel manufacturer.

That said, I'll probably rock a Winthrop shirt and a UNCG hat.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I saw a lot more promo stuff about this last year. It was all over Facebook, which made it seem more legitimate than something created by an apparel manufacturer.

This is a CLC promotion and they are located in Atlanta. While they began this started in 2005, in 2009, the "day" got a sponsor.

One which is not really wanting any more publicity than what they will have by sponsoring two games this weekend....

Chick-fil-a

Eh, I'll wait until Saturday when there's an actual football game to wear my orange and blue. On Friday I'll just wear whatever I normally would on a Friday with no class.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived