Cavaliers' new gold uniforms

PittsburghSucks

Opps, I didn't see this was listed in the 2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes thread. Although I think it does deserve a thread of it's own.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Actually look better then I thought they would.

To me that's more yellow then gold, but I'll digress on that.

Only thing I don't like about them is that I know they're going to use them at home and I'm big believer in the white only at home rule of thumb for basketball and hockey.

That is a beautiful alternate uniform. I love what Cleveland has done with this new set. It's a very simple approach that can stand the test of time and not fall into the trendy column. All 3 sets are up there with the Bulls, Celtics, Spurs, and Knicks when it comes to its simplicity. The Pistons abandoned their simple traditional look for the trendy approach during the 90's and guess what, they are back to the simple look. This is why I love what Cleveland (and Brooklyn) did with their new approach. It can last for decades without requiring a change. :woot:

The LeBron era set probably can't be beat. I thought this Cavs set was awufl at first, but it isn't as bad as I made it out to be. I think it is too plain, but the busy as hell collar, waistband and shorts piping horribly contrast with this simple look they have going on. Either add side panels and outlines to the wordmark, numbers and maybe names, or tone down the collar, waistband and shorts piping because the set is being held back right now.

The yellow alternate is ok. Just another plain jersey in a plain set.

I don't mind the simpler look the Cavs have going for them, but if they're going to continue with this direction then they need to drop the blue from the logo set.

Agreed. If they're gonna go with a minimalist design, may as well go all the way.

The LeBron era set probably can't be beat. I thought this Cavs set was awufl at first, but it isn't as bad as I made it out to be. I think it is too plain, but the busy as hell collar, waistband and shorts piping horribly contrast with this simple look they have going on. Either add side panels and outlines to the wordmark, numbers and maybe names, or tone down the collar, waistband and shorts piping because the set is being held back right now.

The yellow alternate is ok. Just another plain jersey in a plain set.

Agreed with this statement as well. They're probably not going to go back to those uniforms because lolLeBron but I wish they would. That was one of the best sets in the NBA, and now they're mediocre, even though this alternate is decent.

Archived