Get ready to change the ACC logo

nuordr

and the Big East Logo

Breaking News:

Notre Dame is moving to the ACC in all sports...except Football according to USA Today. I really wish the fighting Irish would give up their independence in football and just join a league, but then again, I understand why they are doing it. So what does everyone think about this move?

spacer.png

I'm surprised that the BC$ cartel hasn't told Notre Dame by now that either they join a BC$ conference in football or get screwed over with the rest of the non-AQ's.

ND still has major TV drawing power unlike almost any other school in the country. Any chance the BCS has to put ND into a game instead of Maryland, Louisville or UConn, it's going to take. Why jeopardize the relationship?

I'm surprised that the BC$ cartel hasn't told Notre Dame by now that either they join a BC$ conference in football or get screwed over with the rest of the non-AQ's.

ND still has major TV drawing power unlike almost any other school in the country. Any chance the BCS has to put ND into a game instead of Maryland, Louisville or UConn, it's going to take. Why jeopardize the relationship?

That is obviously true or they'd be fully in a conference. But I have to assume it's going to go away soon if ND does not become a powerhouse. I am pushing 40 and (while I admit this is a gut feeling) I don't think there is that much ND fanship in my age group. I recall their last National Title in 1988 and their near title in 1993, but most of my memories are of mediocrity and being overrated into BCS blowouts. Someday, something will have to give; either they have to rise again or they'll be just another program, at which time they'll be joining a conference.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

B1G doesn't want them.

It's true. Because ND refuses to join a football league (something that already pisses off the B1G) the addition of a 13th team in all other sports screws up all the hard work over the last few years to create divisions, simplify schedules and organize the league in general. Plus, that would be a 13th team cutting into the BTN profits and yet they have their own football TV deal. Not cool.

Unless the Irish would relent - completely - on the football issue, the whole them joining the B1G is a real non-starter (TV contract issues notwithstanding).

ND has just as many ties to ACC teams these days as B1G so the move makes some sense. It'll be nice to watch them get pounded in the B1G/acc challenge though.

I'm liking it they could be like a ACC swing team if they play one more team then ND could play 3 from the Atlantic and 3 from the coastal divisions, Along with still playing USC Michigan.

They need to get the ACC onto NBC and NBCS for a few games for a lot more national exposure.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

That is obviously true or they'd be fully in a conference. But I have to assume it's going to go away soon if ND does not become a powerhouse. I am pushing 40 and (while I admit this is a gut feeling) I don't think there is that much ND fanship in my age group. I recall their last National Title in 1988 and their near title in 1993, but most of my memories are of mediocrity and being overrated into BCS blowouts. Someday, something will have to give; either they have to rise again or they'll be just another program, at which time they'll be joining a conference.

I am in somewhat agreement with you...having attended nd/stanford a few years ago (charlie's last game)I was shocked at how many nd fans were still in attendance as I thought most of the casual tv fans would have gone to greener pastures...given that the alumni base is not huge, but supportive my conclusion was that the catholic ties kept the older generations connected and their kids became fans so in that case being an nd fan is more inheritance based than being attracted to their football reputation.

I'd like to see a graph of Notre Dame's ratings on NBC. Let's see if they still justify that exclusive agreement.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'd like to see a graph of Notre Dame's ratings on NBC. Let's see if they still justify that exclusive agreement.

I would like to see that myself, but fortunately for them, their contract is not based on the rating.

spacer.png

I would like to see that myself, but fortunately for them, their contract is not based on the rating.

Unless they're so bad that NBC can't justify them as a loss leader anymore, in which case they never extend their deal.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

So how does this effect the ACC or Big East logos ?

Just Asking ?

The ACC logo has stars where each School is...and I'm not entirely sure but Notre Dame might be out of frame (not sure though)

acc-logo.jpg

Big East is unrelated to this, but they are talking about changing the name which would result in a new logo.

Yeah, South Bend is west of the edge of that map so they'd have to extend it.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived