Washington Redskins Gold Pants discussion

Mevins31

Also in the games so far this year, we have gone gold pants 3 of 4 times.

@ Saints - Burgandy/Yellow

@ Rams - White/Yellow

vs. Bengals - Burgandy/Yellow

@ Buccaneers - Burgandy/White

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think anyone can pull off solid pants except the Ravens in plain black pants. Everyone else needs something, even if it's just a single thin stripe like the Raiders.

I'm very much in favor of the spear logo returning to the helmets. The R in a circle looks dumb, and the Redskins' current primary just looks like a turd.

The Rams looked good in their solid gold pants. I can't think of anyone else in the NFL that would look better in plain pants than they currently do.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

tnc2T.png

Boom. Problem solved.

Forgetting which helmet to use, these pants are better than the current pants. There is something off on the current pants. I don't know whether it's the mismatched stripes or something else, but I don't like 'em. This would be a step up, but I'd rather they go white pants with dark jersey and vice versa.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

tnc2T.png

Boom. Problem solved.

wrong

Am I the only Skins fan that despises this look?

If we go throwback I say we bring pack the yellow helmet with the R circle logo.

ive never really liked it either. its a solid design but its way too much like Florida State. people bitch about Iowa looking like the Steelers but there seems to be few complaints about this one to FSU. generally, i dont mind CFB and NFL teams looking similar, its different markets, but when they are SO close its a problem. its not just a color and stripe thing like Iowa/PIT either, these 2 unis share even more ideas

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

tnc2T.png

Boom. Problem solved.

wrong

Am I the only Skins fan that despises this look?

If we go throwback I say we bring pack the yellow helmet with the R circle logo.

I dislike that old gold, the current athletic gold is much better. As for the spear, it's become so associated with FSU; I'd rather the Redskins went another route with the helmet.

I don't think anyone can pull off solid pants except the Ravens in plain black pants. Everyone else needs something, even if it's just a single thin stripe like the Raiders.

I'm very much in favor of the spear logo returning to the helmets. The R in a circle looks dumb, and the Redskins' current primary just looks like a turd.

The Rams looked good in their solid gold pants. I can't think of anyone else in the NFL that would look better in plain pants than they currently do.

I think the Saints look better in the solid black pants than the Ravens.

spacer.png

tnc2T.png

Boom. Problem solved.

Not a fan. First off, the number font blows. The gold facemask doesn't work with a stripeless helmet. Also, I prefer the current color scheme. I think it's more unique and dynamic.

ive never really liked it either. its a solid design but its way too much like Florida State. people bitch about Iowa looking like the Steelers but there seems to be few complaints about this one to FSU. generally, i dont mind CFB and NFL teams looking similar, its different markets, but when they are SO close its a problem. its not just a color and stripe thing like Iowa/PIT either, these 2 unis share even more ideas

Woah. The Hawkeyes are WAY closer to the Steelers than these are the FSU. They both use shades of red and gold (though both colors are darker than FSU's), and they both use a spear, though I'm not sure if the spears are identical. Iowa's uniform is a carbon copy of the Steelers' other than the hemlet logo and the crappy font which the Steelers switched to. I think that it would be dumb for the Skins to go back to the spear because, with their color scheme, lots of people would see it at an alternate FSU helmet (particularly when the Skins have almost 40 years of equity in their current helmet/logo). Still, it wouldn't be nearly as bad was what Iowa has passed off as an identity.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

You sure love you some ugly as :censored: number fonts, don't you?

It seems to be the biggest joining thing on every concept you do.

Sometimes, :censored:, a LOT of the time, plain block fits so much better, and gives it a timeless look, rather than looking like something the 90s puked up.

Disagreed: custom fonts can really top off an identity if done right. The font I chose is actually the one they use for their wordmark, so it fits in to their already-established identity.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

tnc2T.png

Boom. Problem solved.

Not a fan. First off, the number font blows. The gold facemask doesn't work with a stripeless helmet. Also, I prefer the current color scheme. I think it's more unique and dynamic.

Woah. The Hawkeyes are WAY closer to the Steelers than these are the FSU. They both use shades of red and gold (though both colors are darker than FSU's), and they both use a spear, though I'm not sure if the spears are identical. Iowa's uniform is a carbon copy of the Steelers' other than the hemlet logo and the crappy font which the Steelers switched to. I think that it would be dumb for the Skins to go back to the spear because, with their color scheme, lots of people would see it at an alternate FSU helmet (particularly when the Skins have almost 40 years of equity in their current helmet/logo). Still, it wouldn't be nearly as bad was what Iowa has passed off as an identity.

the most important brand piece a football team has is its helmet. FSU and these old 'Skins may have a different color shell but the spear idea is the same. thats a stronger relation.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

the most important brand piece a football team has is its helmet. FSU and these old 'Skins may have a different color shell but the spear idea is the same. thats a stronger relation.

I agree that helmets are the strongest branding element. However, with the entire visual package, it's a much shorter leap to say "the Steelers changed their logo" than "Florida State darkened its red, darkened its gold and went to a red helmet." Overall, I think there are more visual similiarites between Iowa and the Steelers in this instance.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Skins have consistently worn gold pants with burgundy jerseys for the past three years. In 2010, it was maybe 50/50 with the white. Went up a little last year. This year, I think it will be worn at home every game except the one home throwback game (away at Steelers also). I also think that it could be seen again on the road as it was in New Orleans. So who knows. But yes, it is their primary option. The white makes no sense, but they still break it out like once in a while.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Also in the games so far this year, we have gone gold pants 3 of 4 times.

@ Saints - Burgandy/Yellow

@ Rams - White/Yellow

vs. Bengals - Burgandy/Yellow

@ Buccaneers - Burgandy/White

WEEK - OPPONENT - COLOR COMBO

Pre1 - vs Pittsburgh - Burgandy/White

Pre2 - @ Indianapolis - White/Burgandy

Pre3 - @ Baltimore - White/Burgandy

Pre4 - vs Tampa Bay - Burgandy/White

-------------------------------

1 - vs New York (G) - Burgandy/Yellow

2 - vs Arizona - Burgandy/Yellow

3 - @ Dallas - Burgandy/Yellow

4 - @ St. Louis - White/Burgandy

5 - BYE WEEK

6 - vs Philadelphia - Burgandy/Yellow

7 - @ Carolina - White/Burgandy

8 - @ Buffalo - White/Yellow

9 - vs San Francisco - Burgandy/Yellow

10 - @ Miami - Burgandy/White

11 - vs Dallas - Burgandy/White

12 - @ Seattle - White/Burgandy

13 - vs New York (J) - Burgandy/White

14 - vs New England - Burgandy/White

15 - @ New York (G) - White/Burgandy

16 - vs Minnesota - Burgandy/Yellow

17 - @ Philadelphia - White/Burgandy

Burgandy Top - 12

White Top - 8

----------------

Burgandy Pants - 7

Yellow Pants - 7

White Pants - 6

Burgandy/White - 6

Burgandy/Yellow - 6

-----------------

White/Burgandy - 7

White/Yellow - 1

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

tnc2T.png

Boom. Problem solved.

Yuck. It's drab like the Eagles downgrade from Kelly Green to what they have now. The numbers are hideous too. I'd take those stripes on the current gold pants, but that's the only element from that concept I'd use.

The current Redskins color scheme is one of the sharpest looks in the league, color-wise. They should keep it.

My only gripe is the different stripes on the socks and pants, but they're intentionally going back to the George ALLEN-era classic look. The current jersey cuts do not allow for matching stripes on the sleeves and socks likethey wore back then.

The B&G look is much better than the white pants. The color scheme is burgundy and gold. It's great to see them finally wear it. I love this look:

Impressive-early-returns-for-RGIII-Pierre-US-Presswire.jpg

87Redskins.png

I really, really don't understand why people don't like our shade of gold/yellow. It's the same as the Chargers, Packers, and Steelers wear, but you never hear about people trying to darken their gold.

I'd agree about matching up the striping patterns, but most of this board makes way too big of a deal of that.

I would just fix up the striping patterns (mainly so this board would stop complaing about them), get rid of the white pants, and go burgundy/gold at home, and white/burgundy on the road. Simple.

Archived