2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

Looks like The Marlins are going to throwback this year to the original orange and blue Miami Marlins. A fried of mine went into a Lids and found the game day hat.

Haven't seen anything official yet.

Is there any other team besides the Yankees, Red Sox and Rockies(?) that does fewer throwback days than the Marlins?

The only time I ever remember the Blue Jays wearing a one-off throwback was in 2009 when they threw back to the 1992/93 Champion teams (which is odd because it wasn't even an anniversary year). Other than that, they wore the '80s powder blues for Friday home games from 2008-10, but that's it. They even had '70s, '80s, and '90s nights in 2011, but didn't wear anything special. Hopefully when the celebrate their 50th anniversary they'll do what the Angels and Astros did and throw back to all eras (I know the Angels forgoed the Disney era). I'd love to see the Delgado set thrown back to one day.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like The Marlins are going to throwback this year to the original orange and blue Miami Marlins. A fried of mine went into a Lids and found the game day hat.

Haven't seen anything official yet.

Is there any other team besides the Yankees, Red Sox and Rockies(?) that does fewer throwback days than the Marlins?

The only time I ever remember the Blue Jays wearing a one-off throwback was in 2009 when they threw back to the 1992/93 Champion teams (which is odd because it wasn't even an anniversary year). Other than that, they wore the '80s powder blues for Friday home games from 2008-10, but that's it. They even had '70s, '80s, and '90s nights in 2011, but didn't wear anything special. Hopefully when the celebrate their 50th anniversary they'll do what the Angels and Astros did and throw back to all eras (I know the Angels forgoed the Disney era). I'd love to see the Delgado set thrown back to one day.

I have the Blue Jays doing Powder Blues in 2000

In 2001 they wore 1977 Home, and 1930's Chatham All-Stars

2002 Another Chatham All-Stars

ASG13Derby_zps6716a688.png

Though it's the bottom base of the home run derby trophy, the podium holding the year "2013," for some reason, bothers me. If only the year was stylized in the same font as the rest of the logo. Or at least the apple's complementary top hat made an appearance here.

That bothers me as well. As does the head-scratching, giant orange in the background.

:D

Anyone know when the Rays officially dropped the ray patch from the sleeve of the navy alternate? Google image searches have led me to believe there was a time when it was both on and off, depending on the player.

I believe it had the ray on the first year they were used. The Columbia blue never had the ray. Why? IDK? I have all Rays jerseys and the two blues feel like they need it there. With the starburst on the bp hats and in marketing campaigns (can't tell you last time it was the animal), I'm thinking they are more "sun" rays than "sting" rays...yet they have a ray tank in CF...The Rays have a basic jersey that carries over to all the colors (hence the blue writing on the blue jersey), but the Columbia is the only one with a double outline on the nameplate.

I might be wrong, but I don't believe the navy blue alt ever had the Ray patch.

I'm not sure (because of Ebay) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carl-Crawford-Tampa-Bay-Rays-Vtg-Authentic-Cool-Base-Navy-Blue-Jersey-40-SEWN/160977196283?_trksid=p2045573.m2102&_trkparms=aid%3D555012%26algo%3DPW.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D15414%26meid%3D55281608147073074%26pid%3D100034%26prg%3D7406%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D7%26sd%3D390627160525%26 but this looks legit and I've seen them at the trop on fans so that's why I thought the first run of the navy had the Ray. Maybe it was released that way, but never worn on field.

KISSwall09.jpg

Hopefully they don't do as they did with the last two faux-Spanish jerseys and turn this into a regular alt next year. The Mets already have five jerseys; they don't need another alt. In fact, they should probably toss the road alt. Also, with their traditional look, they don't need to wear a bright orange jersey. Orange is and should always be a secondary color. On that note, lose those stupid alternate caps.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Mets should really have an orange BP jersey. It would look fantastic!

HYP4lOV.jpg

I only remember this because of footage of a Mets Spring Training game on Sportscenter sometime in 2003. Mike Piazza got in a brawl, but I thought something was very off with the Mets... it was the orange.

bSLCtu2.png

LAME.

I was looking forward to seeing the Reds' regular home uniform with the white jerseys and red hats being used in another stadium.

This red jersey, white pants, black hat look didn't look good with the los rojos jerseys and it doesn't look good now.

It does look weird seeing the Giants in gray in AT&T Park.

PvO6ZWJ.png

It's a bad cap logo. Mr Red Legs is too detailed and from a distance just looks like white blob on the players heads.

I guess the same argument could be made for the sleeve patch, but sleeve patches tend to get a pass with being overly detailed.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived