2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't remember if posted, A's wearing these for 1969 throwback game on July 27

BO_4e7KCAAA_OJi.jpg

The "A" looks too thick on that cap and I'm not so sure the color is off, too. This one might be more accurate:

HACCOAK71.jpg

Looks right compared to this

jackson-reggie.jpg

And I think this was from their 1968 throwback

628x471.jpg

Go A's!

Can't remember if posted, A's wearing these for 1969 throwback game on July 27

BO_4e7KCAAA_OJi.jpg

The "A" looks too thick on that cap and I'm not so sure the color is off, too. This one might be more accurate:

HACCOAK71.jpg

Looks right compared to this

jackson-reggie.jpg

And I think this was from their 1968 throwback

628x471.jpg

Yep, based on that Reggie Jackson card, the one I posted isn't exactly right. The curl on the bottom right side isn't long enough, so point taken. The new one still looks a bit "thick", but maybe it's just the raised texture of the stitching.

I swear that I keep seeing that A's logo used incorrectly more and more, recently. The Rockies helmet also looks the same color as the blue shirt, but I'm sure that's a lighting/TV screenshot issue.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Some thoughts from the Home Run Derby:

• The piping on the new BP template is a welcome addition, but what's with those random half-lines on the collar?
  • The new side panels are a downgrade*. The old ones (a solid rectangle) were tolerable, but the current "pit stains" look terrible
  • Are those dumb shoulder/neck yokes a thing of the past, or did they just elect to not use them for these?
  • Do the Mets plan to remove the dropshadows from their retired numbers anytime soon?

*I know, all side panels are ugly on a baseball jersey, but I could tolerate the old ones for BP jerseys

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Looks like The Marlins are going to throwback this year to the original orange and blue Miami Marlins. A fried of mine went into a Lids and found the game day hat.

Haven't seen anything official yet.

Is there any other team besides the Yankees, Red Sox and Rockies(?) that does fewer throwback days than the Marlins? I can remember three since the year 2000. In 2002 they threwback to the 80s Marlins at home and in New York and another in 2007 to commemorate the 1997 team. Such a shame with such the history of baseball in Miami prior to 1993 and the bright teal from the early 90s.

1997 | 2003

Archived