2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

The side panels and name under the shield were disputed by somebody who has seen them. He also says the facemask and crown start black and fade gold, so the opposite of what you have.

That is exactly what I heard, too. The responses to this uni will be fun, wild, and full of arguments. Great message board fodder. :D Am I a tad worried? A tad, but it will be fun. The last design was boring and bad.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Humor me here....

...black-fade-to-gold helmets. Presumably mostly black pants. Bookending a teal alternate jersey...

...prospects NOT looking good there. (But then, neither is the rest of this set.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Here is what Paul Lukas is saying about the Jaguars uniforms: Can you say Military Theme?

We’ve heard a lot lately about the upcoming unveilings for the Dolphins and Vikings (both of which will take place a week from today). But there hasn’t been much buzz about the Jaguars aside from the image you see above, which leaked four weeks ago.

Until now.

I’ve heard from a source who’s provided fairly detailed information (but no images) about the new Jags set. I have tried but failed to verify this information, so I can’t say for sure that it’s accurate. I will say, however, that this source has provided me with accurate information in the past — including accurate information about the Jaguars — so I tend to trust him.

Here’s a breakdown of what he told me:

1) The leaked image posted a month ago was indeed legit. It showed a replica of the black home jersey.

2) The Jags logo patch on the jersey is facing toward the left because the unis will have a military theme (collar devices and patches in the military face toward the heart).

3) Continuing with the military theme, the players’ last names will appear the front of the jersey under the patch, to mimic the look of a military uniform.

4) The sleeves will have a multi-colored design similar to the what the Falcons have, featuring black, gold, chrome, and teal. In the leaked image you can see the beginnings of some silver/chrome stripe patterns starting on the shoulder area.

5) The jersey will have side panels with some sort of design that will continue into the pants design.

6) The helmet shell will be two-tone — starting out gold and then fading into black.

7) The logo will be somewhat larger than normal for an NFL helmet — think Boise State’s Pro Combat helmet.

8) There will be an alternate teal jersey.

Well.

Again, I have not been able to verify any of this. So it may not be accurate. (All you Nike folks who are reading this, one of you be a pal and let me know, won’t you please?)

But if it is accurate, it certainly sounds like a total freaking nightmare on nearly every conceivable level.

The official unveiling is next Tuesday. But why wait until then? Let’s beat the rush and start hating it now.

So, like this, AND a yet unknown side pattern??

gkXCizd.jpg

Dude... you keep dragging out this template and making guesses. I guess you get credit for presistance, but... those sleeves!

@ old school vikings

I know the sleeves are horrendous, and like I said I'm sure Nike did something different, but I did what Paul Lukas said and just straight up gave it Atlanta's sleeve design with the Jags colors lol. The main point here was to say that this is going to be a VERY busy uniform, as the above is already almost too much and there is still no side design yet

I was excited about the Jags unis at first, but now I think it'll be like this:

1. Minnesota/Miami - Absolutely love the traditional look the Vikings appear to be going with, just please don't muck up the helmet. Also love the all white identity Miami is bent on having, it fits the city and the colors absolutely POP.

-- Fifty feet of crap--

32. Jacksonville - Is it too early for the clown music?

@ old school vikings

I know the sleeves are horrendous, and like I said I'm sure Nike did something different, but I did what Paul Lukas said and just straight up gave it Atlanta's sleeve design with the Jags colors lol. The main point here was to say that this is going to be a VERY busy uniform, as the above is already almost too much and there is still no side design yet

There has already been dispute about the side panels, and I highly doubt they'll go with gold socks. They usually go black.

@ old school vikings

There has already been dispute about the side panels, and I highly doubt they'll go with gold socks. They usually go black.

If they go black socks, it doesn't work with a primarily gold helmet. Looks very out of place. That's not to say they won't but that's the best sock/helmet combo you're going to possibly see out of the possibilities

@ old school vikings

If they go black socks, it doesn't work with a primarily gold helmet. Looks very out of place. That's not to say they won't but that's the best sock/helmet combo you're going to possibly see out of the possibilities

Not nearly as out of place as those awful shoulder sides...

Stop posting these concept designs. They are awful and you are putting things on them that make zero sense. Gold socks? Come on now.

Yes, by all means, let's curtail any unecessary outbursts of creativity and opinion.

Stop posting these concept designs. They are awful and you are putting things on them that make zero sense. Gold socks? Come on now.

Yes, by all means, let's curtail any unecessary outbursts of creativity and opinion.

Agreed. Thanks for getting my back.

Agreed. Thanks for getting my back.

Looks like someone doesn't get it.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

@ old school vikings

Not nearly as out of place as those awful shoulder sides...

Maybe you should read the whole post, and not just look at pictures (though your comprehension skills have already shown to be less than impressive so far)

Paul Lukas said his source said a sleeve design similar to Atlanta's. That's Atlanta's sleeve design right there. I just used the colors listed, but it would not surprise me if it's like the chrome/gray pattern outlined in the gold/teal/black, but I took it straight for its literal word and that's what it looks like...

Laughing at everybody already making up their minds. Imagine describing Seattle's uniforms. It would sound just as crazy. Mock ups of the designs would be way off. I personally like Seattle's duds, so I'm excited to see what we have whipped up.

Laughing at everybody already making up their minds. Imagine describing Seattle's uniforms. It would sound just as crazy. Mock ups of the designs would be way off. I personally like Seattle's duds, so I'm excited to see what we have whipped up.

I liked the description of Seattle's uniforms because it sounded as though it was going to blend in a lot of Seattle history/tradition. What we got, ultimately, did not (which is part of why I don't like their uniforms that much).

The military theme stuff is, to me, really obnoxious in sports. You play a sport. You aren't a soldier. Treating you as such is distasteful in my eyes.

Archived