2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we scoff at military themes, we would have to remove war, fighting, and struggle from the language of the game and descriptions thereof to be consistent.

I agree that stars and stripes or the like would be pandering, but military iconography - something that isn't exclusive to the USA - doesn't bother me.

8596484610_3a38500074.jpg

this should clear some rumors

ryansmall.png

no navy stripe or anything

There's a teal and orange stripe. Take a closer look.

exactly, NO NAVY Stripe.

the rumor was a navy stripe and its just Aqua and orange, thats what i meant! lol my bad. I love it! I reread it and it could come off as I meant no stripe. But i think this all but confirms that the outline will be orange! and no navy/black on the unis. Looks different in the pics i seen of the uni, especially the first pic i seen. Only thing that is the same is the white face mask and logo on side

ryansmall.png

exactly, NO NAVY Stripe.

the rumor was a navy stripe and its just Aqua and orange, thats what i meant! lol my bad. I love it! I reread it and it could come off as I meant no stripe. But i think this all but confirms that the outline will be orange! and no navy/black on the unis. Looks different in the pics i seen of the uni, especially the first pic i seen. Only thing that is the same is the white face mask and logo on side

The navy stripe could be in the middle because you cannot see what is in the inner striping.

spacer.png

Do we forget we have a team called the Patriots with a logo based on the Revolutionary War?

I'm excited for these Jags uniforms. They aren't doing one off camo themes to make money like so many teams do. They are using the local military presence as inspiration for design elements on a uniform. As to whether or not it will look good is yet to be decided. But, at least they are designing with a purpose/goal in mind.

ryansmall.png

exactly, NO NAVY Stripe.

The navy stripe could be in the middle because you cannot see what is in the inner striping.

doubt it because in the pics i have seen the navy is just an outline. It is highly unlikely that its an inner stripe. its going to be Aqua middle, orange outline. Ben Volin was right!

ryansmall.png

exactly, NO NAVY Stripe.

doubt it because in the pics i have seen the navy is just an outline. It is highly unlikely that its an inner stripe. its going to be Aqua middle, orange outline. Ben Volin was right!

Trust me, little to no navy is a great thing. But after hearing about no striping on the pants, I am expecting an epic fail from the Phins.

spacer.png

exactly, NO NAVY Stripe.

Isn't navy already dead?

All I'm seeing is two different shades of teal...

2013Dolphins_avatar_new2.jpg.jpeg

exactly, NO NAVY Stripe.

Isn't navy already dead?

You know I am tending to agree on the two teals. That is a darker shade of teal bordering on navy but has enough green to hold it back.

PersonDivided-2-1.png

ryansmall.png

exactly, NO NAVY Stripe.

Trust me, little to no navy is a great thing. But after hearing about no striping on the pants, I am expecting an epic fail from the Phins.

wait who said the no striping on the pants? I thought there was according to Ben Volin. and I agree with the lack of navy

exactly, NO NAVY Stripe.

Isn't navy already dead?

i am in a debate with a poster on thephins.com about this. He insist its navy, and I keep telling him its a teal/aqua blue. Its still on the blue side but its not navy imo.

obnr6SR.jpg

Here is what Paul Lukas is saying about the Jaguars uniforms: Can you say Military Theme?

We’ve heard a lot lately about the upcoming unveilings for the Dolphins and Vikings (both of which will take place a week from today). But there hasn’t been much buzz about the Jaguars aside from the image you see above, which leaked four weeks ago.

Until now.

I’ve heard from a source who’s provided fairly detailed information (but no images) about the new Jags set. I have tried but failed to verify this information, so I can’t say for sure that it’s accurate. I will say, however, that this source has provided me with accurate information in the past — including accurate information about the Jaguars — so I tend to trust him.

Here’s a breakdown of what he told me:

1) The leaked image posted a month ago was indeed legit. It showed a replica of the black home jersey.

2) The Jags logo patch on the jersey is facing toward the left because the unis will have a military theme (collar devices and patches in the military face toward the heart).

3) Continuing with the military theme, the players’ last names will appear the front of the jersey under the patch, to mimic the look of a military uniform.

4) The sleeves will have a multi-colored design similar to the what the Falcons have, featuring black, gold, chrome, and teal. In the leaked image you can see the beginnings of some silver/chrome stripe patterns starting on the shoulder area.

5) The jersey will have side panels with some sort of design that will continue into the pants design.

6) The helmet shell will be two-tone — starting out gold and then fading into black.

7) The logo will be somewhat larger than normal for an NFL helmet — think Boise State’s Pro Combat helmet.

8) There will be an alternate teal jersey.

Well.

Again, I have not been able to verify any of this. So it may not be accurate. (All you Nike folks who are reading this, one of you be a pal and let me know, won’t you please?)

But if it is accurate, it certainly sounds like a total freaking nightmare on nearly every conceivable level.

The official unveiling is next Tuesday. But why wait until then? Let’s beat the rush and start hating it now.

I agree on this. Now the Seahawks moved their team name from under the collar to the left and it is still taking getting used to. But moving the NOB to the left crest is too Arena-League for my taste. God help the play-by-play announcers and their memorizing skills for the Jags when all you have is a number to rely on. Also 2 tone fade paint works for SDSU because of deep red and black but gold and black? Nah. Nah and more Nah.

PersonDivided-2-1.png

I thought I saw someone ask why military, but there is a US Navy presence in Jax, so that hopefully, hopefully, that's the reason they have brought military in to this design, similar to the Padres wearing Khaki and their camo unis.

I thought I saw someone ask why military, but there is a US Navy presence in Jax, so that hopefully, hopefully, that's the reason they have brought military in to this design, similar to the Padres wearing Khaki and their camo unis.

It probably is. But there are alot of pro sports towns with a military presence and I really hope they don't all start saying "we gotta look like we are as appreciative as they are in San Diego and Jacksonville" or it will be a race to the ridiculous.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

i am in a debate with a poster on thephins.com about this. He insist its navy, and I keep telling him its a teal/aqua blue. Its still on the blue side but its not navy imo.

I've covered this already, but it's not "Navy", it's not a Dark Teal either. It's a very unique shade of Blue:

MiamiDolphins_PMK0100a_2013_SCC_SRGB.png

MiamiDolphins_PMK0101a_2013_SCC_SRGB.png

MiamiDolphins_PMK0102a_2013_SCC_SRGB.png

MiamiDolphins_PMK0103a_2013_SCC_SRGB.png

Archived