2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reposting from Vikes thread to show that the "chain-mail" or whatever it is background ought not be looked into as a team design and that it's probably just Nike's glove motif for this year. A bit oddly specific, if you ask me. Did they ever say that they would be changing it each year? I guess it seems obvious now in the sense that people are gonna wanna keep buying their teams kewl new gloves each year.

oHUHHeH.jpg

Laughing at everybody already making up their minds. Imagine describing Seattle's uniforms. It would sound just as crazy. Mock ups of the designs would be way off. I personally like Seattle's duds, so I'm excited to see what we have whipped up.

Well said.

Jesus christ. There's a patch on the jersey and names on the front (disputed by somebody else). They're not running out there in full camo.

Thanks for saving some time. Are the Nets all decked out in military gear too? They have a shield too! Now if they trot out in camo or American flags then yea it is a full on military themed uniform.

The shield has nothing to do with my opinion, really (although I think it looks a bit clunky). It's more of the direction Khan wants them to go what with his comments about wanting to have a military feel to the uniform set. It's distasteful in my eyes to draw inspiration from the military for a team that doesn't have any logical ties to the military (and even then, it's questionable whether it'd be distasteful or not - that has more to do with execution than theme I think).

Clearly you have never set foot in Jacksonville. We have not one but TWO Naval Bases in Jacksonville. Do some research before you post.

Jesus christ. There's a patch on the jersey and names on the front (disputed by somebody else). They're not running out there in full camo.

Thanks for saving some time. Are the Nets all decked out in military gear too? They have a shield too! Now if they trot out in camo or American flags then yea it is a full on military themed uniform.

The shield has nothing to do with my opinion, really (although I think it looks a bit clunky). It's more of the direction Khan wants them to go what with his comments about wanting to have a military feel to the uniform set. It's distasteful in my eyes to draw inspiration from the military for a team that doesn't have any logical ties to the military (and even then, it's questionable whether it'd be distasteful or not - that has more to do with execution than theme I think).

Clearly you have never set foot in Jacksonville. We have not one but TWO Naval Bases in Jacksonville. Do some research before you post.

And the Chicago area has not one but TWO zoos with bears. That doesn't mean we are (nor should) draw inspiration from those zoos.

It's a ridiculous idea to relate a city's history with a franchise name that has nothing to do with that history. At least with the Seahawks (since someone mentioned them) their imagery from the start attempted to draw from that history. The Jaguars didn't. Trying to retroactively tie in the military theme from Jacksonville is, frankly, sad.

Reposting from Vikes thread to show that the "chain-mail" or whatever it is background ought not be looked into as a team design and that it's probably just Nike's glove motif for this year. A bit oddly specific, if you ask me. Did they ever say that they would be changing it each year? I guess it seems obvious now in the sense that people are gonna wanna keep buying their teams kewl new gloves each year.

oHUHHeH.jpg

It is nike's pattern for this year. All of the teams will use it. Same for college. Here is an example: Nike-Speed-Fly-XL-TCU-Mens-Shorts-00027638X_TF1_A.jpg

All the Jags need is a simple black helmet. Never before has something that should have been so simple turned out to be so complicated*.

*using hyperbole. Sue me :P

Almost any town has a connection to the military if you want to look for one.

I just did a quick mock up of the helmets based on what was said in Uni Watch today.image-7.jpg

So from certain angles it will look like the Jaguar head has a neck?

Interesting on some level, but in practice it will look like a hot mess. What a train wreck this Jags uni is turning out to be...

Laughing at everybody already making up their minds. Imagine describing Seattle's uniforms. It would sound just as crazy. Mock ups of the designs would be way off. I personally like Seattle's duds, so I'm excited to see what we have whipped up.

I liked the description of Seattle's uniforms because it sounded as though it was going to blend in a lot of Seattle history/tradition. What we got, ultimately, did not (which is part of why I don't like their uniforms that much).

The military theme stuff is, to me, really obnoxious in sports. You play a sport. You aren't a soldier. Treating you as such is distasteful in my eyes.

Do you wear a jersey? You're a fan, you're not a player. Looking like one is distasteful...and so on.

Nobody's pretending to be a soldier or treating players as such. Teams and people are simply paying tribute. I have an FDNY ballcap. I'm not posing as one of New York's Bravest, I'm saluting their service and honoring their losses on 9/11 and whenever else.

Look, I agree as far as comparisons between sports and war. But as for unis? C'mon, man.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

The difference is that proceeds from your FDNY ballcap went to... the FDNY.

If the Jaguars really want to "honor" the military with their admittedly-military inspired uniforms, then they'll donate a portion of all jersey sales to military causes.

If they don't do that, it's not a "tribute". It's exploitation.

Archived