2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

i am in a debate with a poster on thephins.com about this. He insist its navy, and I keep telling him its a teal/aqua blue. Its still on the blue side but its not navy imo.

I've covered this already, but it's not "Navy", it's not a Dark Teal either. It's a very unique shade of Blue:

MiamiDolphins_PMK0100a_2013_SCC_SRGB.png

MiamiDolphins_PMK0101a_2013_SCC_SRGB.png

MiamiDolphins_PMK0102a_2013_SCC_SRGB.png

MiamiDolphins_PMK0103a_2013_SCC_SRGB.png

I even reference you and used your colors you had but still can't convince him. Stubborn

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We havent seen the set yet. Its not like the Jags are going camo or stars and stripes. Do people really think that by having the names on the front that they wont have them on the back? C'mon. Lets just speculate for now and save the "OMG WORST UNIS EVER!" for a few minutes after we see them.

I even reference you and used your colors you had but still can't convince him. Stubborn

See if this helps:

MiamiDolphinsNavy_2012_SCC_SRGB.pngMiamiDolphinsBlue_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

I did all that, showed past and current, but he is convinced that the dolphins changed it because of Irelands press conference

Z43IIk6.png

See if this helps:

I did all that, showed past and current, but he is convinced that the dolphins changed it because of Irelands press conference

Z43IIk6.png

Just checked my official sources. No change since the initial unveiling.

My examples can't get any more precise.

I would say that the backdrop there was created using a crappy CMYK conversion.

See if this helps:

Z43IIk6.png

Just checked my official sources. No change since the initial unveiling.

My examples can't get any more precise.

I would say that the backdrop there was created using a crappy CMYK conversion.

yeah and the flash on the photo prob made it darker then it is.

Here's a comparison of the textile color palettes...first from the last uniform set:

MiamiDolphins_FRC_2012_TXC_SRGB.png

...vs. the new 2013 set:

MiamiDolphins_FRC_9999_TXC_SRGB.png

Note that the Blue here still isn't Navy, but it is a bit darker than the spot/solid color.

From the Dolphins Facebook, Sorry if it's been posted already:

http://www.thefinsid...-white-facemask

Tannehill sporting the new helmet

ryansmall-250x166.png

Just a Sneak Peak they posted from the photoshoot for the NFL reveal next week

wow the white helmet/mask is quite distinctive and dare I say flashy

Yeah, I don't mind the white-white as much as others. I do think, though, that white-aqua is a nice combo that they should've gone back to.

As for the rest of that pic, is it just me, or do you get a glimpse of the helmet striping? It almost looks as if you can see a pinstripe of orange flanking a larger stripe element. Maybe a thin orange-thin blue-thick aqua-thin blue-thin orange treatment is still possible (as opposed to thin blue-thick aqua-thin blue)?

Here's a comparison of the textile color palettes...first from the last uniform set:

MiamiDolphins_FRC_2012_TXC_SRGB.png

...vs. the new 2013 set:

MiamiDolphins_FRC_9999_TXC_SRGB.png

Note that the Blue here still isn't Navy, but it is a bit darker than the spot/solid color.

thanks! Im going to quote you on thephins.com! Thanks again for all your work1

ryansmall-250x166.png

Yeah, I don't mind the white-white as much as others. I do think, though, that white-aqua is a nice combo that they should've gone back to.

As for the rest of that pic, is it just me, or do you get a glimpse of the helmet striping? It almost looks as if you can see a pinstripe of orange flanking a larger stripe element. Maybe a thin orange-thin blue-thick aqua-thin blue-thin orange treatment is still possible (as opposed to thin blue-thick aqua-thin blue)?

It almost looks orange, aqua, white, then a thick middle stripe of either their blue or the rumored black....looks like a darker color their at least, hard to make it out. then mirrored to the other side

487e7c8dd779daa4d3fe1d415e41ab00.jpg

Here is what Paul Lukas is saying about the Jaguars uniforms: Can you say Military Theme?

We’ve heard a lot lately about the upcoming unveilings for the Dolphins and Vikings (both of which will take place a week from today). But there hasn’t been much buzz about the Jaguars aside from the image you see above, which leaked four weeks ago.

Until now.

I’ve heard from a source who’s provided fairly detailed information (but no images) about the new Jags set. I have tried but failed to verify this information, so I can’t say for sure that it’s accurate. I will say, however, that this source has provided me with accurate information in the past — including accurate information about the Jaguars — so I tend to trust him.

Here’s a breakdown of what he told me:

1) The leaked image posted a month ago was indeed legit. It showed a replica of the black home jersey.

2) The Jags logo patch on the jersey is facing toward the left because the unis will have a military theme (collar devices and patches in the military face toward the heart).

3) Continuing with the military theme, the players’ last names will appear the front of the jersey under the patch, to mimic the look of a military uniform.

4) The sleeves will have a multi-colored design similar to the what the Falcons have, featuring black, gold, chrome, and teal. In the leaked image you can see the beginnings of some silver/chrome stripe patterns starting on the shoulder area.

5) The jersey will have side panels with some sort of design that will continue into the pants design.

6) The helmet shell will be two-tone — starting out gold and then fading into black.

7) The logo will be somewhat larger than normal for an NFL helmet — think Boise State’s Pro Combat helmet.

8) There will be an alternate teal jersey.

Well.

Again, I have not been able to verify any of this. So it may not be accurate. (All you Nike folks who are reading this, one of you be a pal and let me know, won’t you please?)

But if it is accurate, it certainly sounds like a total freaking nightmare on nearly every conceivable level.

The official unveiling is next Tuesday. But why wait until then? Let’s beat the rush and start hating it now.

So, like this, AND a yet unknown side pattern??

gkXCizd.jpg

Yikes. I'm sure Nike had a better way of doing the sleeves, but I can't imagine it no matter how I tried.

ryansmall-250x166.png

It almost looks orange, aqua, white, then a thick middle stripe of either their blue or the rumored black....looks like a darker color their at least, hard to make it out. then mirrored to the other side

487e7c8dd779daa4d3fe1d415e41ab00.jpg

I don't see it. I see orange and aqua, and I think it's really gonna be a great look!

The side panels and name under the shield were disputed by somebody who has seen them. He also says the facemask and crown start black and fade gold, so the opposite of what you have.

Yeah maybe something similar to tamu's black helmets is the vibe I've been getting.

Archived