2013-14 Soccer kits

UnclearInitial

Roma's marketing director gave a few indication on next year's kits.

-Nike needs 15 months to create a personalized kit

-I think next year's kit will be manufactured directly by the team. It will be "what the fans asked for", so I'm guessing a darker red and a less orangeish yellow

- AS Roma has really been pushing the circular 1928 ASR logo (seen in the hall of fame logo), so I'm guessing it will show up on on either the white clash or the third.

- The third kit (to be launched tomorrow) will be a "huge surprise". This could either be really scary or mean nothing. My guess is either orange, normal black, or something inspired by the 1979 popsicle kits.

Regarding Barca's third, it's at least more interesting than last year's clash.

What makes you think Roma's next kit will be mfg by the team. Couldn't they just use a boring Nike template (like Everton) for a year. I wonder if that means Everton will get better next year. They deserve more than a standard kit and last year's sideline apparel.

The contract doesn't start until 2014-15, so it's either manufacturing it themselves or signing a one year deal with a minor supplier like Macron or Asics. They haven't announced anything and are releasing a kit tomorrow, so it's likely that there is no supplier. Nike doesn't want to give Roma a template because they want to go all-out with a team specific kit next year to launch the relationship, with custom fonts and the like. I don't think Everton is going to get non-template kits like Roma, because Roma's deal is a major, 10-year deal, while Everton is currently in the first year of a 3 year deal.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a club that usually wears purple and blue alternating stripes, "boring" is not only a nice change of pace, it borders on being a moral imperative.

You think that's purple, eh?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Rivaling 'Pools horribleness, I present to you Barça's rumored training kits for next season:

1365161039275.jpg

God help us all. Fwiw, at least these won't be worn during a game, like 'Pool's will be. But still...daaaaaaaamn.

Seems like the trendiness of giant graphics on t-shirts is making its way to the world of soccer...

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Not a surprise, but the USWNT took the field in Germany in the old navy tops (white sleeves, ghost sash), which confirms our suspicions that there is no road version of the centennial kit.

Never seen that before - I like.

For a club that usually wears purple and blue alternating stripes, "boring" is not only a nice change of pace, it borders on being a moral imperative.

You think that's purple, eh?

Only when I'm trying to make a point about clashing colors. :P

Well, you know...

extra_football_shirt_6102_1.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Rivaling 'Pools horribleness, I present to you Barça's rumored training kits for next season:

1365161039275.jpg

God help us all. Fwiw, at least these won't be worn during a game, like 'Pool's will be. But still...daaaaaaaamn.

Seems like the trendiness of giant graphics on t-shirts is making its way to the world of soccer...

That background looks familiar, is it from Inception? It looks like a cityscape of the future

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1365161039275.jpg

That background looks familiar, is it from Inception? It looks like a cityscape of the future

Or it could be a cityscape from the present. Shockingly, its actually the cityscape of modern day Barcelona.

barcelona-aerial-02.jpg

Archived