2013-14 Soccer kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The emblem has been changed before you know....wasn't the most recent design done only about 15 or so years ago? This is just another update. Slightly more dramatic mind you, but essentially just another upgrade.

Dissapointed this is not real...I really like it.

The most recent update to their badge was in 1998, and all it did was take the "football club" out of the logo, and change the font. Some say that was the day the football club was taken out of Manchester United in the fan sense...

Since then the only alteration was putting it inside a shield in 2006-07.

They added gradient, re-colored the boat section and removed Football Club from the logo in 1998. The use of a shield isn't really apart of the logo, just a temporary add-on which no longer exists.

Without wanting to get bogged down in minutiae, the gradient definitely wasn't added in 1998: http://www.oldfootballshirts.com/img/shirts/12/manchester-united-home-football-shirt-1998-2000-s_151_1.jpg

You are quite right about the boat though, good work :)

bifcolympique_zps28a2961e.png

Are we sure this just isn't a polo shirt or something? The crest is on the sleeve. Isn't there a rule stating the crest has to be on the chest?

I don't think they would make a polo out of that material, with the tape on the shoulder seams and with the vent holes on the underarms.

rumored ManC away kit:

manchester-city-shirt-600x541.jpg

It's reportedly black, split down the middle with 2 slightly different colors as seen above. Looks simple and classy to me.

I've see something similair to this by Umbro and what Nike does with Umbro? They sold it and now they're taking inspiration from Umbro. Intresting.

12-13-lille-third-umbro-soccer-customized-jerseys-soccer-kits.jpg

4r2eer.png

rumored ManC away kit:

manchester-city-shirt-600x541.jpg

It's reportedly black, split down the middle with 2 slightly different colors as seen above. Looks simple and classy to me.

I've see something similair to this by Umbro and what Nike does with Umbro? They sold it and now they're taking inspiration from Umbro. Intresting.

12-13-lille-third-umbro-soccer-customized-jerseys-soccer-kits.jpg

And don't forget Tottenham's current 3rd (with the contrasting sleeves as well): New-Tottenham-Third-Jersey-2013.jpg

this may have already been posted, but does anyone know what liverpools kit's for next year will be, im a fan of theirs

Funny that you should mention this. Apparently they are being unveiled at midnight tonight (May 2nd British Time).

Link here: http://www.football-...ts-201314_19094

I (personally) expect their home red kit will be worn on the last game of the season at home to QPR.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I don't think that Spurs shirt really belongs to the same design lineage.

The Umbro shirt is notable here because, like the Man City shirt, it's shades of black. Halved shirts themselves are nothing new.

1.jpeg

I was more talking about the sleeves being contrasted with their side body panel as opposed to halved shirts like the umbro one and the one you posted.

The emblem has been changed before you know....wasn't the most recent design done only about 15 or so years ago? This is just another update. Slightly more dramatic mind you, but essentially just another upgrade.

Dissapointed this is not real...I really like it.

The most recent update to their badge was in 1998, and all it did was take the "football club" out of the logo, and change the font. Some say that was the day the football club was taken out of Manchester United in the fan sense...

Since then the only alteration was putting it inside a shield in 2006-07.

They added gradient, re-colored the boat section and removed Football Club from the logo in 1998. The use of a shield isn't really apart of the logo, just a temporary add-on which no longer exists.

Without wanting to get bogged down in minutiae, the gradient definitely wasn't added in 1998: http://www.oldfootba...000-s_151_1.jpg

You are quite right about the boat though, good work :)

Minute details are what we all enjoy, that's ok! Umm..the gradient might not be evident on the actual stitched crest on the shirts but it was introduced in 98 (or thereabouts) when the football club part of the logo was changed was it not? All of the printed publications with the new logo had gradient on the logo that you showed.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived