2013-14 Soccer kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New badge coming for Everton? Been registered as a trademark

GB50000000002650006.jpg

It's not really an entirely new badge, more of a stylisation of the current, historic badge. It's not a bad update, and will perhaps allow nike to come up with some more modern kit updates.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I personally think it is terrible. Especially when in colour like below:

everton-new.jpg

In my opinion, they should stick with what they have or go to just the Tower and Laurel design used in the 80s (basically just drop the shield and motto).

I also think the tower, font and shield designs feel like 3 separate entities designed completely separate from each other and thrown together at the end to create something that doesn't feel right when combined.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Wiki has an interesting little on the Everton badge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everton_F.C.

At the end of the 1937–38 season, Everton secretary Theo Kelly, who later became the club's first manager, wanted to design a club necktie. It was agreed that the colour be blue and Kelly was given the task of designing a crest to be featured on the necktie. Kelly worked on it for four months, until deciding on a reproduction of Prince Rupert's Tower, which stands in the heart of the Everton district.[30]

The Tower has been inextricably linked with the Everton area since its construction in 1787. It was originally used as a bridewell to incarcerate mainly drunks and minor criminals, and it still stands today on Everton Brow in Netherfield Road. The tower was accompanied by two laurel wreaths on either side and, according to the College of Arms in London, Kelly chose to include the laurels as they were the sign of winners. The crest was accompanied by the club motto, "Nil Satis Nisi Optimum", meaning "Nothing but the best is good enough".

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I have also heard rumours that it is not to become the official crest and on the shirt but is just something they can use for merchandising on pin badges etc.

Will be interesting to see the final outcome - as I hope the above is true.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I have also heard rumours that it is not to become the official crest and on the shirt but is just something they can use for merchandising on pin badges etc.

Will be interesting to see the final outcome - as I hope the above is true.

That is how the logo leaked on a mailout fans got from a pin badge company.

logo.png

rumored crest change for Man United?

manchester-united-new-club-crest.jpg

3 stars?

I was thinking that too. This is their 20th title. shouldn't it be 2?

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived