2013-14 Soccer kits

UnclearInitial

Rumours swirling around for Roma's next kit provider are mentioning Nike as more likely than adidas, but they will only start in 2014-15, so next season it appears they will use Macron, but- get this- without the Macron logo appearing on the jersey. That, coupled with the Wind contract expiring and still not finding a sponsor, and there's the very real possibility that next year there will not be a corporate logo on Roma's kits.

(Offtopic, I've recently acquired "La maglia che ci unisce" (basically Roma's version of Mark Okkonnen's book), and the detail and anecdotes are amazing.

copertina-maglia-che-ci-unisce-595x416.jpg

07Giants.pngnyy.png

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got my USA centennial in today and its beautiful. The crest really makes this top.

Just got mine today. Favorite soccer shirt ever. I wasn't sure I'd like the v-neck and thick cuffs (not usually my style), but it is just perfect. I actually think it could've done without the details in the hem corners. The colors are a little off and while I usually appreciate attention to details, the simplicity is what makes this shirt.

I ordered the replica and authentic. The packaging on the authentic is outstanding. A textured box and numbered insert with a gold patch really are nice. That being said, I am going to return it and keep the replica. I love the mesh backing (bc it's hot in Texas), but between that and the thinner material on the front/sleeves, it is just a bit too see-thru. Interestingly, the material on the front is different than the replica. The patches are also a bit different. Same with the neck opening. The sleeve cuffs and swooshes are the same however.

Just got my USA centennial in today and its beautiful. The crest really makes this top.

Just got mine today. Favorite soccer shirt ever. I wasn't sure I'd like the v-neck and thick cuffs (not usually my style), but it is just perfect. I actually think it could've done without the details in the hem corners. The colors are a little off and while I usually appreciate attention to details, the simplicity is what makes this shirt.

I ordered the replica and authentic. The packaging on the authentic is outstanding. A textured box and numbered insert with a gold patch really are nice. That being said, I am going to return it and keep the authentic. I love the mesh backing (bc it's hot in Texas), but between that and the thinner material on the front/sleeves, it is just a bit too see-thru. Interestingly, the material on the front is different than the replica. The patches are also a bit different. Same with the neck opening. The sleeve cuffs and swooshes are the same however.

I agree with most everything you said. Nike definitely did a great job creating this retro look. And I also noticed the discoloration of the inserts. The blue is a tad too bright and the red a bit washed out. Oh well, not a big deal considering those are smaller details. Would love to see some pictures of your authentic to compare!

I ordered the replica and authentic. The packaging on the authentic is outstanding. A textured box and numbered insert with a gold patch really are nice. That being said, I am going to return it and keep the authentic. I love the mesh backing (bc it's hot in Texas), but between that and the thinner material on the front/sleeves, it is just a bit too see-thru. Interestingly, the material on the front is different than the replica. The patches are also a bit different. Same with the neck opening. The sleeve cuffs and swooshes are the same however.

I agree with most everything you said. Nike definitely did a great job creating this retro look. And I also noticed the discoloration of the inserts. The blue is a tad too bright and the red a bit washed out. Oh well, not a big deal considering those are smaller details. Would love to see some pictures of your authentic to compare!

I took a few before I boxed it up, but haven't downloaded them yet. I'll post a couple if they came out.

Loving that Chelsea home kit. The only thing that might bug me is the yellow piping around the sleeve loop, but I think it might end up looking good on a player. The black shirt isn't nearly as good. Kind of looks like a training shirt or something.

The Juventes home shirt is quality. Nothing special, just a clean, classic look. And the yellow clash kit is great. The V below the collar is a little too deep (I'm assuming there a buttons there?), but everything else is great.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Eh..its adidas, they always manage to make me cringe at something. It's not the worst look they've had though.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I'm wishing Man United's homes were the same as that Juventus change shirt. Just swap the red for yellow and it's a classic.

The V is too deep. Also the collar and sleeve trim is very similar to what Uniteed wore in 2011-2012 (a shirt I loved).

I'm wishing Man United's homes were the same as that Juventus change shirt. Just swap the red for yellow and it's a classic.

The V is too deep. Also the collar and sleeve trim is very similar to what Uniteed wore in 2011-2012 (a shirt I loved).

If there were a button in there these would work for United. I doubt a v that deep will not have one. But it's Italy so it may be allowed.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I took a few before I boxed it up, but haven't downloaded them yet. I'll post a couple if they came out.

Are the sleeve cuffs right or are they the same as the rest of the sleeve?

Are the sleeve cuffs right or are they the same as the rest of the sleeve?

Not sure what you are asking.

Archived