2013-14 Soccer kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet mother of everything that is holy...

home.jpgaway.jpgthird.jpg

hahahahahahahahahaha

You'll wear this alone.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Sweet mother of everything that is holy...

home.jpgaway.jpgthird.jpg

Words fail me.

It's the 1990s all over again.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The home skit is decent, especially if the sleeves are the same on both sides. Can't really tell from the picture. The away kit on the other hand is comically bad. This isn't coming as a huge surprise being a former lacrosse player. Warrior always had the most ridiculous designs for everything.

Falcons. UGA. Hawks. Braves. Tottenham Hotspur. Atlanta United

Mexico's third kit. Now now, this is TOO PLAIN. C'mon Adidas. WTF.

8451387954_cab8588c7c_b.jpg

Ok, so the US kit, white with navy trim, gets lauded around here. This gets canned as 'too plain'. There is no logic around here sometimes.

The us jersey is a throwback, it's going for plain. An it's only design elements are thick solid baby cuffs and a thick solid navy v neck collar.

And then the little stars and stripes motif.

That's about as plain as it gets and it looks really sharp.

Now Mexico, have weird shapes on the collar, and the sleeves are accompanied by a little piping, also add to that the weird random gold piping, all of this on top of already existing Adidas stripes and it gets really busy while also incorporating minimal green. A plain shirt shouldn't look busy.

In my opinion the us shirt is far superior because of what I listed above.

Poor Liverpool. So financially strapped, they have to sew together scraps from discarded old kits to make theirs.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Mexico's third kit. Now now, this is TOO PLAIN. C'mon Adidas. WTF.

8451387954_cab8588c7c_b.jpg

Ok, so the US kit, white with navy trim, gets lauded around here. This gets canned as 'too plain'. There is no logic around here sometimes.

The us jersey is a throwback, it's going for plain. An it's only design elements are thick solid baby cuffs and a thick solid navy v neck collar.

And then the little stars and stripes motif.

That's about as plain as it gets and it looks really sharp.

Now Mexico, have weird shapes on the collar, and the sleeves are accompanied by a little piping, also add to that the weird random gold piping, all of this on top of already existing Adidas stripes and it gets really busy while also incorporating minimal green. A plain shirt shouldn't look busy.

In my opinion the us shirt is far superior because of what I listed above.

I don't disagree the US shirt is better. I don't think the Mexico shirt is bad though. Could do with a touch of green, perhaps, but its fine. The US shirt is a great shirt, throwback or no. The little Stars and Stripes details in the corners show a great eye. Plain doesn't need to mean featureless, and maybe thats why the US shirt is better.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived