2013-14 Soccer kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does Warrior have a history of doing soccer kits? Or is this their first foray into the sport? Are their designs in other sports just as bad? Just wondering...

Simply put Warrior has NO soccer kit experience they make lacrosse stuff and think oh maybe lacrosse shorts designs will look good on Liverpool

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

Five-lights.blogspot.com - my Motorsports Blog

They create stuff primarily for laxbros so they are ill-suited to soccer kit design.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Does Warrior have a history of doing soccer kits? Or is this their first foray into the sport? Are their designs in other sports just as bad? Just wondering...

Second year with Liverpool and has a history of giving me ulcers with their college lacrosse designs, particularly with Princeton (let's make a school that's played lax since the 19th century with a deep lax tradition wear futuristic stuff!) and Denver (let's create piss colored jerseys with sublimated mountains instead of stripes!)

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Then how the hell did they land such a big name as Liverpool? I mean, I know they've had a few thin years, but come on. Did they undercut the competition or something?

John Henry owns LFC, and Warrior is a subsidiary of New Balance, which is a Boston company. I'm pretty sure New Balance has some kind of tie-in with the Red Sox, so Henry probably wanted to use a brand that he's already in good with.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Then how the hell did they land such a big name as Liverpool? I mean, I know they've had a few thin years, but come on. Did they undercut the competition or something?

John Henry owns LFC, and Warrior is a subsidiary of New Balance, which is a Boston company. I'm pretty sure New Balance has some kind of tie-in with the Red Sox, so Henry probably wanted to use a brand that he's already in good with.

Adidas pulled out of Liverpool when they thought that Liverpool wanted too much money. I'm sure Warrior offered them a pretty sweet deal when Adidas said no.

Adidas pulled out of Liverpool when they thought that Liverpool wanted too much money. I'm sure Warrior offered them a pretty sweet deal when Adidas said no.

aztex82, where does your username come from?

A combination of Adidas feeling they were paying too much for little success and Warrior willing to pay over the odds is correct. The boston connection also helps.

It also makes sense when you think that Liverpool can be a marquee club for Warrior, but probably no longer for Adidas. Kind of a similar situation to Tottenham and Under Armour.

What I will say is, if the leaked images above are true, Warrior are not doing themselves any favours.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

About to drop a big one on y'all. Even more USMNT centennial leaks including extra product not seen before.

Nike catalog below showing all the products and color ways. The Dempsey and Donovan shirts below are the hero tee (not jerseys) so not sure what the font will be (likely same as current as it has been used since 2006). You can see they are offering the n98 jacket in both white and navy. You can also see the retro LS jersey (fashion piece, not part of the kit). Like I mentioned a few months back, you can see in the catalog that the shorts and socks will be primarily obsidian navy blue with white detailing. Really loving this line so far. Will definitely be picking up the shirt and maybe the hat and retro jersey.

http://www.usasportsconnection.com/sports/soccer/mens/Nike/2013/Nike-SP13-Soccer.pdf

25akikx.jpg

11m8h7q.jpg

2mh75te.jpg

257zln9.jpg

29mqa6g.jpg

1xyyhv.jpg

2zs32hs.jpg

2nl7rf7.jpg

My one and only qualm with all that: must that navy blue be so DARK?!? (Unless the lighting's just playing tricks on my eyes.) I know it ain't exactly straight royal on the actual American flag, but it also ain't that daggone dark, either.

Besides all that...yeah, that's some (white) hot stuff.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived