2013-14 Soccer kits

UnclearInitial

The new away shirt for Dave Whelan's Wigan...

ukx7.jpg

I really wish that FIFA would just prohibit gambling sites from appearing as shirt sponsors. It really tends to cast a cloud over the game.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ukx7.jpg

I really wish that FIFA would just prohibit gambling sites from appearing as shirt sponsors. It really tends to cast a cloud over the game.

In Germany it actually is forbidden. Even when a team, that got a gambling shirt sponsor, plays a CL game in Germany they have to play without the sponsor on the shirt.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Yep, when we played in the Premier League's Asia Trophy a few years back, we had to play in plain shirts as our sponsor at the time was a bookie and displaying such a logo was against the rules in China. Actually, I think the two other English clubs also had gambling-based sponsors so one went plain as well and the other slapped a charity logo on.

Lech Poznan home...

v855.jpg

Very helpful of them to show what the back looks like, so we can picture how their supporters will appear when they perform the Grecque next season.

Well, my beloved Oxford United are going to have two different sponsors, one at home, one away. The home sponsor is something called Animalates and has a colour scheme that doesn't work with the yellow/goldenrod shirts

2548303.jpg

Well, my beloved Oxford United are going to have two different sponsors, one at home, one away. The home sponsor is something called Animalates and has a colour scheme that doesn't work with the yellow/goldenrod shirts

2548303.jpg

A bad sponsor logo can really ruin a kit.

On the other hand, a good one can make it better. I remember getting an Ansenal jersey years ago simply because I liked the o2 on the front.

DSCN0247.JPG

Yeah, a sponsor logo can make or break a kit. Back when Newcastle Brown Ale sponsored Newcastle United, I seriously considered breaking my "only buy merchandise for teams I support" rule for the barcodes.

A Newcastle shirt with Newcastle sponsorship was a holy grail for me for a while. I got one... and then I got too big for it. So I gave it to my roommate who supports them.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The versions that just sported the brewery's blue star - no other bits of the logo - were the best.

Another sponsor/shirt combo that I always thought looked good was the ABN AMRO branded Ajax shirts, where the bank's logo ran down the edge of the shirt's red strip rather than across it...

kavk.jpg

ukx7.jpg

In Germany it actually is forbidden. Even when a team, that got a gambling shirt sponsor, plays a CL game in Germany they have to play without the sponsor on the shirt.

I don't think FIFA would get involved in that kind of issue. What's clear is that as belts are tightened, football clubs in the UK are getting less and less principled abou sponsorship deals, what with the plethora of short term loan companies, gambling sites and so on advertising their wares on the front of football shirts.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived