Thrift Store Gems 2013

johnnysama

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What/where was the store for those Sioux jerseys?!

Bought it at a store called "Fallas Paredes". Part of a company called National Stores, Inc, so if you are in California, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico & Nevada, make a visit.

UPDATE: I checked all stores within 50 mile radius of where I am at, no luck on additional Sioux jerseys. I'll keep an eye out for 'em. Cheers.

Were there any LeBron jerseys in 44/M?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

ok this requires a little back story.

Me and my mother own a re-sale business. mostly we acquire goods through storage unit auctions or people who are selling us entire storage units in order to get from under the rent they struggle to owe.

One day we had a guy ant the storage facilty were store most of our goods at when we're not selling them offer us his unit.

Long Story, Short I own a 1984 Tampa Bay Bandits Hat.

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

ok this requires a little back story.

Me and my mother own a re-sale business. mostly we acquire goods through storage unit auctions or people who are selling us entire storage units in order to get from under the rent they struggle to owe.

One day we had a guy ant the storage facilty were store most of our goods at when we're not selling them offer us his unit.

Long Story, Short I own a 1984 Tampa Bay Bandits Hat.

Like this kind?

mx9OxRiEeE_NwvJTq3afjxQ.jpg

spacer.png

I didn't buy them, but I found the limited edition Ohio St. Rivalry Series receivers gloves at TJ Maxx for $12.99. The retail price is $85.00. I'm not sure but, gordie_delini, the Nike designer that posted on here and got fired might have designed these. I know he designed gloves for some Nike schools last year.

1B9AC283-139F-462C-B4D1-3DFAF3B38514-440

1F53A497-2F4E-44E8-92FE-D2E33DF612DD-453

I didn't buy them, but I found the limited edition Ohio St. Rivalry Series receivers gloves at TJ Maxx for $12.99. The retail price is $85.00. I'm not sure, but the Nike designer that posted on here and got fired might have designed these. I know he designed gloves for some Nike schools last year.

What city is this TJ Maxx in?

I didn't buy them, but I found the limited edition Ohio St. Rivalry Series receivers gloves at TJ Maxx for $12.99. The retail price is $85.00. I'm not sure, but the Nike designer that posted on here and got fired might have designed these. I know he designed gloves for some Nike schools last year.

Springfield, IL. They only had two pair. The pair I looked at were XL. I don't know what size the other pair were.

Springfield, IL. They only had two pair. The pair I looked at were XL. I don't know what size the other pair were.

I will pay you the money if you buy these and send them my way :D

I will pay you the money if you buy these and send them my way :D

So will i

Hey all, I'm new here but this thread is actually perfect for what I came here to post. I pick up a lot of hats at thrift stores, and I have a few that I'm having a hard time IDing, and I was wondering if anyone here knows what teams they are for, if they are valuable, etc. Thanks in advance!

#1 Baltimore Stars. I heard it was some random league football team in the 80's but other than that I have no idea

#2 I have no idea what team this is, the inside says MLB officially licensed, but I cant for the life of me figure it out.

#3 Again, No idea. It's a fitted New Era from the 70's 80's, my first thought was phillies but I realized that their logo was totally different at the time. It vaguely resembles their logo in the 50's but this hat is too new for that. I suppose it could be a regional team, but the logo is sewn which looks pretty professional.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

DSCN0689_zps1b3c62fb.jpg

DSC_1480_zpse828e6dd.jpg

DSCN0657_zpsb77b48b2.jpg

The middle one is probably from 1976, and is a Denver Bears Pillbox cap either way. Its a minor league hat.

The bottom looks to be a fan replica phillies cap.

The top one I think should be a CFL or USFL hat.

Yea, i'm starting to think the P one is some kind of bootleg phillies hat. Thanks for the info!

In August, a Marshalls in suburban Chicago had this Brian Urlacher limited throwback alternate for $25, marked down from $135. The tag said it was marked down because it was "last year's model."

Not sure I get the reasoning for the discount (most Bears fans would always wear an Urlacher jersey retired or not), but I took advantage.

jersey2_zpsfd4b7ffb.png

jersey1_zpsc2ebe58b.jpg

The quality of this jersey is fantastic, by the way.

Archived