2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As expansion-mates, the Ducks and Panthers should wear their throwbacks against each other.

---

And PuckGuy, I don't think that works. The orange works with the jade. The orange works a little with the eggplant. The orange doesn't work with the jade/eggplant together. And I've never been a fan of the idea of keeping the D logo as a secondary with the Mighty logo as a primary. There just isn't enough similarities between the looks. The Mighty logo works on the current third jersey because of the new colors and minimizing it in the oval with the current font. Mashing the two together doesn't work great. It has to be more of one than the other.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I've seen about a dozen concepts that try to mash together Ducks eras, and none of them work. They're two very different things that don't go well together. It's like putting mustard on ice cream.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

On the subject of alternates, anyone know when Buffalo will be debuting their cape jerseys?

Nobody wants to know.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I've seen about a dozen concepts that try to mash together Ducks eras, and none of them work. They're two very different things that don't go well together. It's like putting mustard on ice cream.

Exactly. Plus every concept I've seen with the current striping in the old colours has looked awful.

I've got 2nd row seats for the Florida Panthers home opener, so I'll try to get some good photos of their throwback jerseys they'll be wearing:

http://panthers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=678430

You sure it means the old jerseys? They said it will be a "throwback night", but it could mean something else...

I have no idea what it means, but I'll have photos either way.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

181495916_slide.jpg

181480326_slide.jpg

No seats behind the net on this end

181496429_slide.jpg

More here: http://islanders.nhl.com/club/gallery.htm?id=38311&location=/photos&pg=1

EDIT: The more I look at these photos, the less I like the layout. As you can see in the first image, some people in the bottom left basically have to look behind them to see the goal. Also, some other photos show the players taking the ice from one end of the rink, rather than from behind the bench. At to that the known problems of an un-centred screen and the lack of seats at the one end, and it becomes abundantly clear this is not a hockey arena.

That's going to be weird.

Did they already move the banners to Barclays? I think I can see the Isles logo in the banners in that picture.

They moved the banners for the game, but I'd be surprised if they weren't moved back to the Coliseum until 2015.

181495916_slide.jpg

181480326_slide.jpg

No seats behind the net on this end

181496429_slide.jpg

More here: http://islanders.nhl.com/club/gallery.htm?id=38311&location=/photos&pg=1

EDIT: The more I look at these photos, the less I like the layout. As you can see in the first image, some people in the bottom left basically have to look behind them to see the goal. Also, some other photos show the players taking the ice from one end of the rink, rather than from behind the bench. At to that the known problems of an un-centred screen and the lack of seats at the one end, and it becomes abundantly clear this is not a hockey arena.

They'll probably change when the Isles will move there. If not, that's gonna be weird

They moved the banners for one game? That seems a little unnecessary, no?

Nah, they probably have four banners in four arenas in four boroughs and four cameras are on them at all time, and four men are hired to take care of them and somehow four colours are used on them, and in a crazy coincidence, the year numbers ALL have four digits on them. They were probably already there four years ago.

Archived