2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Islanders' banners were back at the Coliseum last night, safe and sound.

There are plans to tinker with the Barclay's Center layout, but I don't think anything too drastic can be done (from Newsday):

But Ratner and Barclays Center CEO Brett Yormark have configured the seating to accommodate closer to 16,000 seats, and that is without 416 seats at the obstructed end that will not be sold because of the view. Some of those 15,813 are obstructed-view seats, but Yormark said the arena plans to add roughly 75 to 100 premium, ice-level seats, which could move the capacity even higher.

Didn't America West Arena have bleachers in their one end when the Coyotes played there?

I'm not sure. In this first picture you can't really see much, but in the second picture it looks like there's seats back there. The seating chart said there was:

nhl_coyotes_archive_chart.jpg

301215.jpg

29040783_b857e4b67d.jpg

And for old time's sake, here's America West's upper deck view:

731+Jun.+14+12.38.jpg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

America West Arena was never meant to hold hockey, they were talking about hockey possibilities in Brooklyn since construction.

It's far easier to put a basketball team in a hockey area, than vice versa. All arenas built in North America should not solely have basketball in mind first

^That's a photoshop, right? ... and I don't really like it. There needs to be some black in the striping for it to work.

I'm pretty sure it's a shop, but it looks good in the context of their uniform set now. Overall they're woefully bland.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived