2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn the Wild look sexy tonight

too bad they're playing the Preds...

Great uni match-up (for my $)

what's wrong with the Preds (I know we wish they didn't have the piping but still...) ??

Not just the piping itself, but the arm stripes, the way the piping goes through the hem striping and everything the team has done to clutter their uniforms (striping on the pants, virtually half-half coloured socks)

Ducks are opening a brand new (and thank God, bigger) team store on Thursday for the home opener and the Honda Center and Ducks put this picture up on their Facebook pages:

1379411_10151620505386765_420624788_n.jp

You can see the Mighty Ducks jerseys on the wall racks to the right. I can't tell if they have the shoulder patches or not, however.

I want them to have the shoulder patches, but since they said they were going back to the originals jerseys, the jersey nerd in me doesn't want them because the original jerseys didn't have the shoulder patches.

The old patches read "Mighty Ducks of Anaheim". I could see these being left out, now that "MIghty" is no longer part of the name.

I don't see why they wouldn't use it, it is a throwback to that era, Mighty Ducks name included.

IbjBaeE.png

I wonder if the Panthers throwbacks will be edge versions. If so, they'll probably be like one of these:

PanthersEdge_zps4e5dff56.png

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Well, I guess the Sharks jerseys do make you faster...

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I wonder if the Panthers throwbacks will be edge versions. If so, they'll probably be like one of these:

why would they have vertical and horizontal sleeve striping (like the current ones) on their throwbacks? Why wouldn't they just look like this?

panthersThird2006.jpg

Seeing Canes get smacked up by the Pens...Ward looks like he's gonna pass out from trying to stop 50 shots...but he looks great. I have to say that the Canes' white jersey is sweet. The nameplate/yoke looks solid. The home is pretty blah, but I think this looks great. Wild away are terrific, too...

Agreed. It's really too bad they didn't keep the home/road jerseys consistent. Those white's looked really sharp last night, and the red's would look equally as good with similar trim. Not sure what they were thinking.

Seeing Canes get smacked up by the Pens...Ward looks like he's gonna pass out from trying to stop 50 shots...but he looks great. I have to say that the Canes' white jersey is sweet. The nameplate/yoke looks solid. The home is pretty blah, but I think this looks great. Wild away are terrific, too...

Agreed. It's really too bad they didn't keep the home/road jerseys consistent. Those white's looked really sharp last night, and the red's would look equally as good with similar trim. Not sure what they were thinking.

I was not a believer in the Canes' decision, but yeah, we're in lock-step. They look great in white. I really don't care if it looks like team canada or whatever. Gut feeling is it looks sharp. Originally, I was dead-set against their choice because i liked the warning flags, etc., but I think they really did a nice job on the aways. I agree with you, why the homes look how they do is just an odd choice to me....dunno. My hope is that they don't just junk the away and make the away match the home...eep.

If they do it for one throwback night like Anaheim, that'll probably(and i hope so) be the red one, since the Panthers debuted in this one. And since their main color is now back to red, that could only make sense

why would they have vertical and horizontal sleeve striping (like the current ones) on their throwbacks? Why wouldn't they just look like this?

panthersThird2006.jpg

Because I'm not so sure they can get diagonal stripes on the Edge template.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Was it mentioned that EA Sports accidentally leaked the Flames alternate?

1005-cgy3rd-nhl14a.png

1005-cgy3rd-nhl14b.png

Screen-Shot-2013-10-06-at-1.41.12-PM.png

spacer.png

panthersThird2006.jpg

Because I'm not so sure they can get diagonal stripes on the Edge template.

Carolina's alternate jersey comes close to diagonal sleeve striping.

Hurricanes11.png

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

The Ducks charity foundation just put this picture up on Instagram:

image_zpsc05dd5db.jpg

So this may just be a replica, but if it's like the on ice jerseys it looks like there won't be a shoulder patch (not totally official though) and the jerseys will be the old CCM cut and not EDGE.

Rejoice and/or discuss.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The Ducks charity foundation just put this picture up on Instagram:

image_zpsc05dd5db.jpg

So this may just be a replica, but if it's like the on ice jerseys it looks like there won't be a shoulder patch (not totally official though) and the jerseys will be the old CCM cut and not EDGE.

Rejoice and/or discuss.

Its definitely a replica. This jersey is signed, and most likely we'll see a Reebok jersey.

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

I think I like smilies too much!

Archived