2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

The best thing about these throwbacks (besides their existence as the best jerseys in hockey) is that it hopefully will put to rest the speculation that they can't wear the old logos because of Disney.

The Samuelis own it all. There never was any issue.

hiller20thmask01.JPG

Thank you, Jonas Hiller.

I came here to post that, that is beautiful.

Here's the back

hiller20thmask03.jpg

And the other side

hiller20thmask02.JPG

As an out of town Ducks fan, I hope that they are selling Mighty Ducks stuff online, at least the jerseys. If they don't I'll be disappointed and embarrassed that they missed out on a colossal opportunity.

I'm sure they will be, but if not, I'm sure they'll be on ebay eventually.

I hope so.

IbjBaeE.png

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love that Hiller mask, it's a shame it'll be a one game wonder. Bonus points for not being too cluttered and Wild Wing! Maybe I'll bust out my Wild Wing jersey for the game too, even though I'll be at home lol.

HO. LY. :censored: . Oh :censored: yeah.

Now I'm torn as to who plays. Guy Hebert was my favorite Duck as a kid, and I'd be ecstatic to see his mask grace the ice with Victor Fasth. But the closest we'll get to the Wild Wing jersey on the ice with Hiller's helmet.... Man I don't know.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

The best thing about these throwbacks (besides their existence as the best jerseys in hockey) is that it hopefully will put to rest the speculation that they can't wear the old logos because of Disney.

The Samuelis own it all. There never was any issue.

hiller20thmask01.JPG

Thank you, Jonas Hiller.

Man, too bad about the logo on Wild Wing facing the wrong way. Great look, though!

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

they really should have switched the crest at least.... it's no biggie for wild wing to be catching with his right hand instead of his left, but the backwards facing sweater makes it weird.

still, amazing mask. i hope to see the hebert tribute instead though. that mask simply goes with that sweater in my head. like belfour's gold mask with the green star jersey, beezer's panther with the original florida sweaters, brodeur's mask over a devils jersey, and richter's liberty over the rangers. other masks just don't look right.

they really should have switched the crest at least.... it's no biggie for wild wing to be catching with his right hand instead of his left, but the backwards facing sweater makes it weird.

still, amazing mask. i hope to see the hebert tribute instead though. that mask simply goes with that sweater in my head. like belfour's gold mask with the green star jersey, beezer's panther with the original florida sweaters, brodeur's mask over a devils jersey, and richter's liberty over the rangers. other masks just don't look right.

Flipping Wild Wing for Hiller actually makes a little sense, considering Jonas catches with his right hand, but yeah they should have tried to switch the logo.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

There's a similar rumor that the Knox estate still owns the original Buffalo Sabres crest, and so the new ownership has to put silver outlines around everything so that it's a different logo. The first time I read this, my brain popped my skull open and walked away and I had to go chase it down and put it back.

Not sure if that would pass in court. It's still the same logo. You wouldn't take the Blackhawks' logo, put a silver outline on it, and say "Ha ha! Brand new logo! Suck it, Wirtz!"

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Are the Ducks considered a classic franchise with great logos and the former best jersey in hockey anywhere other than Anaheim?

Question for those that love this - how old are you? Were the Ducks a team when you were a kid? Were you a fan of the movie?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The striping is pretty interesting on the mask too. I could see the Ducks creating an alternate that's sort of a mix between the current and past uniforms with past colors.

Lol why are we suddenly accepting of a horrible hockey design? Wild wing? Seriously...I know its a novelty, but its still silly. I don't care if its a one game wonder, don't bring it back. It's like a Canucks coming out dressed in the halloween V sweaters. Wtf, no!

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Are the Ducks considered a classic franchise with great logos and the former best jersey in hockey anywhere other than Anaheim?

Question for those that love this - how old are you? Were the Ducks a team when you were a kid? Were you a fan of the movie?

I was 6 when I first seen D2 (which has the epic scene where they skate out for the third period in Mighty Ducks unis). As a kid who looooved Disney movies, the uniforms were epic to me. I remember seeing the Mighty Ducks cartoon then as well and having toys related to the cartoon.

The uniforms for me were beyond just representing the team but I also loved seeing the team play. I know anyone my age and many older and younger love the jerseys and logo. They aren't original 6 or anything but to me, they're iconic and though not the best, some of the greatest jerseys to grace the NHL.

Not from Anaheim, from a small town in Nova Scotia.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

Lol why are we suddenly accepting of a horrible hockey design? Wild wing? Seriously...I know its a novelty, but its still silly. I don't care if its a one game wonder, don't bring it back. It's like a Canucks coming out dressed in the halloween V sweaters. Wtf, no!

Because the logo is far more acceptable as a mask design element than on a jersey.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Thank you -- I'm glad there's some sense being posted around here. The retro unis and colors are fine, in my opinion, as is the old logo, but Wild Wing is taking things too far. Ah, well.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

The first movie is 4 years older than I am and the team itself is 3 years older than I am. I've been a Ducks fan since I was young.

IbjBaeE.png

Archived