2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Lightning alternates don't float my boat. Not sure what you all see in them. They're closer to something good with what they have atm for the home and road, it's just not there yet.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I'm starting to think that Leafs jersey is legit. Aside from the misaligned NHL undercollar logo, everything else looks too good to be fake. The thing that makes me believe its a legit replica is the logo. The quality of the crest isn't like one of the China fakes, but most importantly I've never seen a Leaf logo with that script before. China fakes usually rips images off the web, but I haven't seen that logo before.

OttawaSenators.png

The only two things i would do, is get rid of the black from the current set, and (just personal preference) i would make the secondary roundel the primary mark.

Ugh. The black is one of the few things stopping them from being complete Make BeLeafs.

And that roundel is probably the most generic logo in all of sports. A clipart lightning bolt slapped in a circle with "Team Name" arched over and "Hockey Club" underneath. It wouldn't surprise me if that was a last-minute afterthought to the set quickly thrown together.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The Lightning need to either drop the black completely or add it to everything. A thin black outline around everything on their uniform would look pretty good. I even think black helmets and pants would be a good look and it would cut out most of the Leafs look-a-like complaints. The best uniform they've ever worn is their current alternates. Blue, black, and silver is a great color scheme, especially used in that order of significance. Keeping that uniform with a good (I'll even settle for decent) logo would have been the best move the Lightning could have made.

I disagree with this part. First off, I think most of us agree that the blue should be lighter, like the Lightning originally used. Royal blue is too close to black. Anyway, that color scheme works much better when black is the primary. The blue really jumps off of a black jersey, whereas the black outlines kinda get lost on blue jerseys. Just compare the Orlando Magic's original road uniforms to their first alternates. The black jerseys were great and the blue was featured prominently, whereas the blue didn't seem nearly as bold in comparison. When used with black, I think blue is better in smaller doses.

apple_display_image.jpg?1321417885nba_g_shaq11_576.jpg

As a brief asides, the pinstriped Magic jerseys are probably my favorite basketball jerseys, ever. Those things (all three of them) were beauties. Much better than what they've worn since then.

Anyways, Morgo, that doesn't exactly fix the problem I speak of. There's no problem with the Lightning wearing blue jerseys as their primaries. I prefer black, but I tend to prefer black more than the average person. Blue jerseys can work. What doesn't work is just filling in the space that serves as the "empty space" of the Leafs striping pattern. I mean, it seems obvious that Yzerman was trying to make the team emulate the Red Wings, but was there seriously no better shade of blue to use than that of an ancient rival of the Red Wings?

The original Lightning design was only tolerable toward the end of its run, when they finally ditched the graffiti font. But even then, it wasn't perfect. They were basically a black-and-white team that supposedly had two other colors mixed in there somewhere.

spacer.png

I'm starting to think that Leafs jersey is legit. Aside from the misaligned NHL undercollar logo, everything else looks too good to be fake. The thing that makes me believe its a legit replica is the logo. The quality of the crest isn't like one of the China fakes, but most importantly I've never seen a Leaf logo with that script before. China fakes usually rips images off the web, but I haven't seen that logo before.

Just checked Icethetics again, and apparently the eBay seller fixed the collar.

leafs-wc1.jpg

The NHL shield looks like the shield on my Premier Leafs 3rd.

The Chinese fakes always have had difficulty faking the crest of any Leafs logo. The shape of the Leaf isn't strictly polygonal, the Kabel or the block fonts are always wrong, or something like that. Thank goodness.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Just checked Icethetics again, and apparently the eBay seller fixed the collar.

leafs-wc1.jpg

The NHL shield looks like the shield on my Premier Leafs 3rd.

The Chinese fakes always have had difficulty faking the crest of any Leafs logo. The shape of the Leaf isn't strictly polygonal, the Kabel or the block fonts are always wrong, or something like that. Thank goodness.

Gotta say this looks legit, but I was hoping for a white version of this!

Real or fake?

0214-tor-wc13.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1360865339301

http://www.icethetic...sey-leaked.html

Personally, I think it's the real deal. Don't mind the black lace on the collar.

The inside of the neck is missing the inscription that all Winter Classic jerseys have had.

I saw this is real but a prototype rather than a final design. Likely one of many produced. The fact it's not may in Canada is also odd.

untitled-6.jpg

I hope this means we'll get a red vs. blue matchup next year. It's only the new EDGE Authentics that are made in Canada, I think. Replicas are still made in Asia.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Well, that jersey is a throwback to the Leafs' 30-34 jersey, which is right before the Red Wings first wore a white road jersey, so I wouldn't be surprised if we get a color-vs-color matchup.

Which reminds me - every future Original Six Winter Classic should be color-vs-color when possible.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I hope this means we'll get a red vs. blue matchup next year. It's only the new EDGE Authentics that are made in Canada, I think. Replicas are still made in Asia.

Everything's made in Asia except for the jerseys that the teams get. The current batch of Edge Authentics aren't actually authentic at all.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Everything's made in Asia except for the jerseys that the teams get. The current batch of Edge Authentics aren't actually authentic at all.

Oh yeah. As far as I know it seems like Reebok has already begun phasing out the Indo Edges and switching to the Canadian-made ones.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

I am just glad Tampa does not have the exact same jersey template as Pitt/Ott, and no front numbers. Take the small victories people.

But there are no victory stripes :(

I actually don't mind the blue/white look as much as other people do, but the removal of the victory stripes is a travesty!

This clearly is not a made for sale replica though is it? Missing the patch as well as the neck inscription (unless they've done away with that trend?), would they really contract out to Asia to have them mass produced for something they knew likely wasn't happening?

untitled-6.jpg

Well, that jersey is a throwback to the Leafs' 30-34 jersey, which is right before the Red Wings first wore a white road jersey,

Just some interesting info. Did you know why Detroit created a white sweater in 1934/35? It was because of Montreal.

When Detroit unveiled their red sweaters in 1932/33 there was a problem every time they played Montreal. Because the jerseys were both similar in color,it became confusing for the players. So Detroit would wear white pullovers over the sweaters whenever they played Montreal. After two seasons they got sick of it and decided just to create a white version of the sweater specifically to wear against Montreal.

The Catch of the Day!

Interesting how it's a slightly different different version of the 1930s logo that has been used a lot online (the one in my signature, which is also what the motherboard has up). Of course, being eighty-odd years old, you'd expect different reproductions varying in accuracy (check out this or this, for example). However, judging from photos, it seems like they used the correct one.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I think Tampa needs to introduce some more black and silver into their logos/uniforms but I don't think they need to switch back to black pants and helmets. Carolina wears monochrome red but no one complains that they look too much like the Red Wings. A few black and silver outlines on the jersey and logo, dropping the lace-up collar, and adding victory stripes would make the Lightning look a lot better and a lot less like the Leafs

Anything would be better, but I think their look would really benefit with black pants. It would make them pop, for lack of a better word. I do like that word though.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived