2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

IMO, the Islanders' current uniforms are a little bit too bright and honestly look really dated. Somehow you can just tell that they came from the '70s. It lacks the timeless feel of a good throwback uniform or their last CCM set, while also losing the visual interest of their Edge 1.0 set.

And that's exactly the thing that's bugging me about the Isles uniforms. I mean, they look nice an' all, but when you're dressed like it's the 70's and you're playing in a building which is old and crappy and falling apart... well, it's not a great image for this franchise to have.

As opposed to the Ducks current crap of uniforms? Anything in the 70's is better than the black and gold, cutesy font, oh wait now let's add some orange the Ducks currently wear. When your team has a bad look, you really shouldn't comment on other teams looks. It's kind of like Joan Rivers commenting on how other people are dressed.

Maybe you should the :censored: up

Ooooh, aren't you so tough? If you can't express yourself without swearing, then you have nothing to say that is worth listening to.

Maybe you should shut up

Better now?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with everything that you said... but I don't think oddball would've said that if you weren't a Ducks fan. He's always hating on the Ducks, and it's annoying and immature as hell.

And telling someone to shut the :censored: up isn't? Sure, what he posted was stupid and idiotic, but what you said isn't any better. You could've found a more civil way to call him out and point out the flaws in his logic. Telling him to just shut the :censored: up isn't constructive at all and it just makes you look like a huge :censored:.

1) oddball is always trying to stir :censored:, so I told him to stfu. I don't see a problem with that. He wasn't saying anything constructive either.

2) You have a problem with me cussing, and then you call me a cuss word? You're either joking, or a total imbecile.

What's the problem with saying a cuss word or two? This isn't a god damn church. If I offend anyone, they can :censored: off.

I agree with everything that you said... but I don't think oddball would've said that if you weren't a Ducks fan. He's always hating on the Ducks, and it's annoying and immature as hell.

And telling someone to shut the :censored: up isn't? Sure, what he posted was stupid and idiotic, but what you said isn't any better. You could've found a more civil way to call him out and point out the flaws in his logic. Telling him to just shut the :censored: up isn't constructive at all and it just makes you look like a huge :censored:.

1) oddball is always trying to stir :censored:, so I told him to stfu. I don't see a problem with that. He wasn't saying anything constructive either.

2) You have a problem with me cussing, and then you call me a cuss word? You're either joking, or a total imbecile.

What's the problem with saying a cuss word or two? This isn't a god damn church. If I offend anyone, they can :censored: off.

8fhPkbo.gif

RDJfF.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

But can we all agree that, "When your team has a bad look, you really shouldn't comment on other teams looks. It's kind of like Joan Rivers commenting on how other people are dressed." is one of the dumbest things ever written on these boards?

Enforcing that logic would preclude more than half of us from discussing uniforms and logos.

PvO6ZWJ.png

But can we all agree that, "When your team has a bad look, you really shouldn't comment on other teams looks. It's kind of like Joan Rivers commenting on how other people are dressed." is one of the dumbest things ever written on these boards?

Easily.

Americans13.png

I think something based on this, but in Isles colors.

Islanders2_zpsddeb4d3c.png

The 4 stars at the hem represent the 4 cups, since they always add something to honor that.

as a one off or even a third, this isn't too bad.

It's a great look, I own a Stall & Dean Brooklyn sweater and it's a fantastic piece and a great design (though it goes with two red hemline stripes, and the historical record IS fuzzy over what colors those stripes actually wore).

But, design doesn't exist in a vacuum...that's about 2/3 of the talk on here. They look too much like the Rangers, their cross-town hated rival. It would never work. It would be known as the knockoff jersey. a laughingstock, really.

They could easily do an homage with the shoulder stripe, but the diagonal wordmark would never fly. Never, never, never.

I may be wrong, but I don't think anything can be worse than the Isles current 3rd.

Americans13.png

The 4 stars at the hem represent the 4 cups, since they always add something to honor that.

as a one off or even a third, this isn't too bad.

It's a great look, I own a Stall & Dean Brooklyn sweater and it's a fantastic piece and a great design (though it goes with two red hemline stripes, and the historical record IS fuzzy over what colors those stripes actually wore).

But, design doesn't exist in a vacuum...that's about 2/3 of the talk on here. They look too much like the Rangers, their cross-town hated rival. It would never work. It would be known as the knockoff jersey. a laughingstock, really.

They could easily do an homage with the shoulder stripe, but the diagonal wordmark would never fly. Never, never, never.

Right...I meant use it as a foundation, but I guess the script pretty much makes the jersey and that wouldn't fly. Maybe take some small elements from it...but how could you reflect 'Brooklyn' on the front of a jersey without either going diagonal or an ugly Dallas-like collegiate script?

sig.png

Straighten the orange shoulder yoke, remove the sleeve stripes and you've got a winner.

Straighten the orange shoulder yoke, remove the sleeve stripes and you've got a winner.

Looks a lot like the old Wales/Campbell Conference all star jerseys.

Maybe take some small elements from it...but how could you reflect 'Brooklyn' on the front of a jersey without either going diagonal or an ugly Dallas-like collegiate script?

***SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT***

Maybe something like this concept I made a few months back (minus the teal of course):

TcTm0.png

Yeah, it's Brush Script, but it's not a Rangers or Stars ripoff and matches the official team wordmark:

35dwe08xatiux0isux0fsjz3s.gif

It'd also pay a subtle tribute to the Brooklyn Dodgers:

dodgers-throwback-jerseys.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I would not bet on a change of name. They're gonna stay the New York Islanders IMHO

It's been confirmed that the name will remain unchanged.

I remember it was made clear that they would still be called the Islanders, but did they ever firmly establish whether they would still be the NEW YORK Islanders or identify as a Brooklyn team?

Even if they decide to keep the New York name, that wouldn't necessarily preclude them wearing "Brooklyn" on their thirds as a cash grab.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I would not bet on a change of name. They're gonna stay the New York Islanders IMHO

I remember it was made clear that they would still be called the Islanders, but did they ever firmly establish whether they would still be the NEW YORK Islanders or identify as a Brooklyn team?

Even if they decide to keep the New York name, that wouldn't necessarily preclude them wearing "Brooklyn" on their thirds as a cash grab.

I think it was confirmed that the "New York Islanders" name would stay. You're right though, they'll try to cash in on the Brooklyn name some how.

I've sketched a couple alternate logos for their currently empty shoulders that say NEW YORK ISLANDERS HOCKEY CLUB brooklyn, NY in a roundel. If I ever get around to finishing them I'll post em here.

PvO6ZWJ.png

It's not constructive at all and it makes you look like a huge jerk.

Better?

The problem with telling people to STFU or to :censored: off is that this is supposed to be a forum for civil discussion, and it makes you just come across as a bully, and you lose a lot of credibility in your argument. If every other post on this board was just ":censored: you!" or "Get the f*** out!" then we would never get anywhere.

And if he irritates you so much, why not just ignore him? It seems like if you angrily respond to his posts, then he knows he's getting to you and you're just adding fuel to the fire.

I think it was confirmed that the "New York Islanders" name would stay. You're right though, they'll try to cash in on the Brooklyn name some how.

Correct.

http://www.barclaysc...om/ny-islanders

In support of the illustrious history of the team, the New York Islanders name and logo will remain unchanged.

Though I'd imagine the logo will be tweaked since the map only includes Nassau and Suffolk Counties.

When is the new Dallas Stars logo(s)/Uniforms suppose to be released? Is it going to be this season or are we going to have to wait til the off-season? Also, I know that the primary color is staying green, but is there any word on what the secondary colors will be?

I know a lot of the concepts that been floating around have been using their current color scheme, but i thought they were going with a "drastic" new look.

Sorry for the Questions. just wondering and I haven't found the answers.

slsig_zps2620f60c.jpg

Maybe take some small elements from it...but how could you reflect 'Brooklyn' on the front of a jersey without either going diagonal or an ugly Dallas-like collegiate script?

***SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT***

Maybe something like this concept I made a few months back (minus the teal of course):

TcTm0.png

Yeah, it's Brush Script, but it's not a Rangers or Stars ripoff and matches the official team wordmark:

35dwe08xatiux0isux0fsjz3s.gif

It'd also pay a subtle tribute to the Brooklyn Dodgers:

dodgers-throwback-jerseys.jpg

I think that script could actually work for a Brooklyn-inspired alt jersey for the Islanders. You just need the right colors, and right striping.

If it worked for Minnesota...

Archived