2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll say this much. The Fishsticks sweater probably would have been received better as an alternate.

Agreed it was too much of a change, fans would've been more up to a slow transition to it.

Hands down my favourite Islanders uniform. If you ask me (and most people do) a fisherman, waves and lighthouses is much cooler than two letters, a woodmark and an orange scribble.

except the latter means something to the fanbase, as that's what we were parading around Stanley Cups wearing. Whereas the former was a bad joke and a cash grab that marked the beginning of an awful chapter in the franchise's history.

I'll say this much. The Fishsticks sweater probably would have been received better as an alternate.

Agreed it was too much of a change, fans would've been more up to a slow transition to it.

Hands down my favourite Islanders uniform. If you ask me (and most people do) a fisherman, waves and lighthouses is much cooler than two letters, a woodmark and an orange scribble.

except the latter means something to the fanbase, as that's what we were parading around Stanley Cups wearing. Whereas the former was a bad joke and a cash grab that marked the beginning of an awful chapter in the franchise's history.

and hopefully a chapter that will be ending in the near future. Aside from a 2-3 year period, the Isles were almost guaranteed freebies for most contending teams for the past 15 or so years. I'd kinda like to see them evolve out of Lions/Browns of the NHL status.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

IMO, the Islanders' current uniforms are a little bit too bright and honestly look really dated. Somehow you can just tell that they came from the '70s. It lacks the timeless feel of a good throwback uniform or their last CCM set, while also losing the visual interest of their Edge 1.0 set.

And that's exactly the thing that's bugging me about the Isles uniforms. I mean, they look nice an' all, but when you're dressed like it's the 70's and you're playing in a building which is old and crappy and falling apart... well, it's not a great image for this franchise to have.

As opposed to the Ducks current crap of uniforms? Anything in the 70's is better than the black and gold, cutesy font, oh wait now let's add some orange the Ducks currently wear. When your team has a bad look, you really shouldn't comment on other teams looks. It's kind of like Joan Rivers commenting on how other people are dressed.

Maybe you should the :censored: up

In fairness the Ducks home and road uniforms aren't exactly the most interesting to look at. They're not hideous, just boring. I've grown tired of them, but they're still better looking than the messes a few other teams are wearing, including the Kings.

Either way, not sure why being a fan of a team with mediocre uniforms means I'm not allowed to comment on others. Sorta defeats the purpose of being on these boards in the first place.

I agree with everything that you said... but I don't think oddball would've said that if you weren't a Ducks fan. He's always hating on the Ducks, and it's annoying and immature as hell.

Very nice looking uniform matchup between the Leafs and the Flyers.

161489076_slide.jpg

I don't really miss the old third that much anymore. The one really nice thing about those white thirds was that the Leafs could play in their thirds against another team's third.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Two things:

1. The Leafs need to make the throwback their full-time home uniform and add an accompanying road version. Their current set isn't bad but the throwback is better.

2. That concept looks good except for the script. I can't see how Islanders fans would be down for aping the Rangers.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I agree with everything that you said... but I don't think oddball would've said that if you weren't a Ducks fan. He's always hating on the Ducks, and it's annoying and immature as hell.

And telling someone to shut the :censored: up isn't? Sure, what he posted was stupid and idiotic, but what you said isn't any better. You could've found a more civil way to call him out and point out the flaws in his logic. Telling him to just shut the :censored: up isn't constructive at all and it just makes you look like a huge :censored:.

IMO, the Islanders' current uniforms are a little bit too bright and honestly look really dated. Somehow you can just tell that they came from the '70s. It lacks the timeless feel of a good throwback uniform or their last CCM set, while also losing the visual interest of their Edge 1.0 set.

And that's exactly the thing that's bugging me about the Isles uniforms. I mean, they look nice an' all, but when you're dressed like it's the 70's and you're playing in a building which is old and crappy and falling apart... well, it's not a great image for this franchise to have.

As opposed to the Ducks current crap of uniforms? Anything in the 70's is better than the black and gold, cutesy font, oh wait now let's add some orange the Ducks currently wear. When your team has a bad look, you really shouldn't comment on other teams looks. It's kind of like Joan Rivers commenting on how other people are dressed.

Maybe you should the :censored: up

Ooooh, aren't you so tough? If you can't express yourself without swearing, then you have nothing to say that is worth listening to.

Americans13.png

I think something based on this, but in Isles colors.

Islanders2_zpsddeb4d3c.png

The 4 stars at the hem represent the 4 cups, since they always add something to honor that.

as a one off or even a third, this isn't too bad.

It's a great look, I own a Stall & Dean Brooklyn sweater and it's a fantastic piece and a great design (though it goes with two red hemline stripes, and the historical record IS fuzzy over what colors those stripes actually wore).

But, design doesn't exist in a vacuum...that's about 2/3 of the talk on here. They look too much like the Rangers, their cross-town hated rival. It would never work. It would be known as the knockoff jersey. a laughingstock, really.

They could easily do an homage with the shoulder stripe, but the diagonal wordmark would never fly. Never, never, never.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I looked up the NHL rulebook, unless it's changed it still says teams are allowed 2 alternates. No one since the Ducks in the late 90's have really done this....why?

The Kings have two alts and the Canucks had two for the 40th anniversary season.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Still kind of disappointed we won't be seeing these anymore:

toronto+maple+leafs+third+jersey+rbk1299027465.jpg

Yeah. That is, in my opinion, the quintessential Maple Leafs sweater.

Mmmmm...yeah thats pretty darn nice.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Still kind of disappointed we won't be seeing these anymore:

toronto+maple+leafs+third+jersey+rbk1299027465.jpg

Yeah. That is, in my opinion, the quintessential Maple Leafs sweater.

Mmmmm...yeah thats pretty darn nice.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived