2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

Real or fake?

0214-tor-wc13.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1360865339301

http://www.icethetic...sey-leaked.html

Personally, I think it's the real deal. Don't mind the black lace on the collar.

I want to say real because I doubt counterfeiters would think to go with black laces, but the lack of a Winter Classic patch is throwing me off. Unless they (wisely) decided to do away with them.

FAKE. If you look at the NHL logo (bigger pic of it on icethetics) it's off centered. The Canucks website has a anti counterfeit page for jerseys, and it clearly says and shows all NHL logos are perfectly centered, while the fake's tend not to be like that

Also the striping/design on the shoulders is far to thin.

I think the Canucks version may be more of a "fake authentic vs. real authentic" comparison. This one's a replica, and I think the workmanship is way, way, way better than any fake I've seen. For example, this Stars replica has an off-centre crest: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Reebok-NHL-Dallas-Stars-Mens-Blank-Mens-Premier-Jersey-New-No-Tags-S-/120876261155?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item1c24c95f23.

The Reebok wordmark looks alright (something the fakes always butcher) and the crest isn't bubbly or cheap-looking (it kinda looks like felt).

The missing patch and the Winter Classic inscription is a bit concerning, though. Then again, there was so much uncertainty over whether the WC would be played or not, so maybe they haven't added either as a result.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Note that the hem is straight, too, as Winter Classic replicas have been previously, plus the Reebok wordmark is embroidered on the left sleeve.

That's either legit, or a counterfeiter went to an unusual length to fake a replica.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I just figured out what I dislike most about the Thrashers' last home uniform.

The bottom the L on the sleeve is longer than the top.

rzpJkk0m.jpg

My problem was that it didn't match their font. It was just some generic lettering. If you're going to put a giant word mark down your sleeve, you should at least do it in your font.

I wish my Bolts would burn these :censored:ing awful uniforms, we have been nothing but hideous since we have changed to them. I hate to be superstitious but c'mon

I think the uniforms are alright, but they're too dark.

250px-NHL_12_Cover.png

I know that image is shopped all to hell, but if they lightened up their actual color to a methyl blue or french blue it would be awesome.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I wish my Bolts would burn these :censored:ing awful uniforms, we have been nothing but hideous since we have changed to them. I hate to be superstitious but c'mon

I think the uniforms are alright, but they're too dark.

250px-NHL_12_Cover.png

I know that image is shopped all to hell, but if they lightened up their actual color to a methyl blue or french blue it would be awesome.

Yes! It's too generic NHL royal blue. I would love it if they went with a more electric blue (and introduced a bit of black...keep beating that drum!).

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

The addition of black at the moment is a waste of time and doesn't add anything to the overall look. But if done right, it would improve their set so much. Right now they're a bit wishy-washy (technical term right there), but black would add that bit of depth and bring some needed punch to it.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

The first two things that need to happen:

1) Discard the laces

2) Change the blue to a shade not identical to that of the Leafs

They aren't the Leafs, they don't have the history or tradition of the Leafs, and they sure as hell don't have the market or the following of the Leafs. Time to stop looking like them.

spacer.png

The only two things i would do, is get rid of the black from the current set, and (just personal preference) i would make the secondary roundel the primary mark.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The Lightning need to either drop the black completely or add it to everything. A thin black outline around everything on their uniform would look pretty good. I even think black helmets and pants would be a good look and it would cut out most of the Leafs look-a-like complaints. The best uniform they've ever worn is their current alternates. Blue, black, and silver is a great color scheme, especially used in that order of significance. Keeping that uniform with a good (I'll even settle for decent) logo would have been the best move the Lightning could have made.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I just moved to the Tampa Bay area, so I've been watching a lot of Bolts games this season. I really don't think they are too far away from perfection. All I would do is 1) add a black drop shadow to the primary logo, 2) Make the alternate the new home jersey (replacing the "BOLTS" wordmark with the primary logo) and 3) Come up with a white road uniform to match the home uniform.

There were some posts earlier in this thread about possible changes coming next season. If those are the changes, I think they'd have an great, unique look.

Real or fake?

0214-tor-wc13.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1360865339301

http://www.icethetic...sey-

Personally, I think it's the real deal. Don't mind the black lace on the collar.

I want to say real because I doubt counterfeiters would think to go with black laces, but the lack of a Winter Classic patch is throwing me off. Unless they (wisely) decided to do away with them.

FAKE. If you look at the NHL logo (bigger pic of it on icethetics) it's off centered. The Canucks website has a anti counterfeit page for jerseys, and it clearly says and shows all NHL logos are perfectly centered, while the fake's tend not to be like that

Also the striping/design on the shoulders is far to thin.

I think the Canucks version may be more of a "fake authentic vs. real authentic" comparison. This one's a replica, and I think the workmanship is way, way, way better than any fake I've seen. For example, this Stars replica has an off-centre crest: http://www.ebay.com/...item1c24c95f23.

The Reebok wordmark looks alright (something the fakes always butcher) and the crest isn't bubbly or cheap-looking (it kinda looks like felt).

The missing patch and the Winter Classic inscription is a bit concerning, though. Then again, there was so much uncertainty over whether the WC would be played or not, so maybe they haven't added either as a result.

No way this is a fake.

$(KGrHqNHJEYFEMrTjcpCBRHEPBElYg~~60_57.JPG

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

1) Discard the laces

2) Change the blue to a shade not identical to that of the Leafs

They aren't the Leafs, they don't have the history or tradition of the Leafs, and they sure as hell don't have the market or the following of the Leafs. Time to stop looking like them.

Good point, it's only been 10 years since TB won their last cup :upside:

But yeah, I agree. Tampa has so many other options that would be better than their Leafs clone unis.

70389454.png

The Lightning need to either drop the black completely or add it to everything. A thin black outline around everything on their uniform would look pretty good. I even think black helmets and pants would be a good look and it would cut out most of the Leafs look-a-like complaints. The best uniform they've ever worn is their current alternates. Blue, black, and silver is a great color scheme, especially used in that order of significance. Keeping that uniform with a good (I'll even settle for decent) logo would have been the best move the Lightning could have made.

I disagree with this part. First off, I think most of us agree that the blue should be lighter, like the Lightning originally used. Royal blue is too close to black. Anyway, that color scheme works much better when black is the primary. The blue really jumps off of a black jersey, whereas the black outlines kinda get lost on blue jerseys. Just compare the Orlando Magic's original road uniforms to their first alternates. The black jerseys were great and the blue was featured prominently, whereas the blue didn't seem nearly as bold in comparison. When used with black, I think blue is better in smaller doses.

apple_display_image.jpg?1321417885nba_g_shaq11_576.jpg

OldRomanSig2.jpg

1) Discard the laces the entire identity

2) Change the blue to a shade not identical to that of the Leafs Go back to 2007-2011 primary logo and put it on a template similar to the inaugural jerseys with blue prominent over black.

Fixed

1) Discard the laces the entire identity

2) Change the blue to a shade not identical to that of the Leafs Go back to 2007-2011 primary logo and put it on a template similar to the inaugural jerseys with blue prominent over black.

Fixed

That uniform and logo blew ass...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

That uniform and logo blew ass...

The uniform was terrible. I'll grant you that. It was an awful 'click and fill' template from reebok that turned a previously attractive scheme into a muddled mess. The logo on the other hand looked great, particularly the crest itself with the metallic silver. I don't see how the current secondary is primary logo material either. You know a designer is creatively bankrupt when they have to put "Tampa Bay Lightning Hockey Club" on it to fill up space. Lazy

Archived