The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

(Some) Blues fans think it's tacky that 'Hawks fans cheer during the National Anthem and told us so. Yet many Blues fans scream "BLUES!" at the end of the line "...and the home of the [brave]." Changing the words to the Star Spangled Banner is tackier than cheering during its singing.

There's nothing worse than the people in Winnipeg that shout "True North". Yes, all hail our corporate overlords :rolleyes:

But it's actually, you know, a part of the Canadian national anthem. Unlike, I don't know, "blues."

6fQjS3M.png

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kadri was a beast last night with his first hat trick. The more I see him play, I'm reminded of Brian Gionta a bit. It took him a while to get things going too (4 seasons of being a 20 point getter before his breakout in 03-04), and he has played well for Montreal as well. Keep it up!

sport-scarf_leafs_zps5f769288.png

seahawks_banner.png

I'm kind of split on whether Flames fans shouting "C!" and "Red!" during the American anthem is funny, or just kind of rude.

Probably the latter.

(Some) Blues fans think it's tacky that 'Hawks fans cheer during the National Anthem and told us so. Yet many Blues fans scream "BLUES!" at the end of the line "...and the home of the [brave]." Changing the words to the Star Spangled Banner is tackier than cheering during its singing.

There's nothing worse than the people in Winnipeg that shout "True North". Yes, all hail our corporate overlords :rolleyes:

I don't understand why GM's freak out when an offer sheet is thrown at their RFA's. Like if it wasn't for your inability to sign the guy in the first place, you could avoid the whole process of an offer sheet happening. To call out the GM that was balsy enough to try make his team better, can't fault him in that.

So I laugh at Greg Sherman.

His press conference was laughable. Saying "We've come to terms with RoR" no you didn't, you agreed to the Flames terms. I think we have a new idiot on the GM block, also the first time I have seen him show his face.

We (Av's fans) found this out a long time ago. Now everybody in the NHL knows. yay. <_<

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

Just got back from the Hawks/Blues game. A few observations:

St. Louis is playing like a team that had a lot of roster turnover this past offseason (running into eachother, not being in position, etc.). They didn't, though.

There's not a truly bad seat at the Scottrade Center.

Hawks fans travel really well. It was almost 40% Chicago fans tonight.

Blues fans are pretty knowledgable, and mostly cordial.

The Dallas Stars does this as well, they yell "STARS!" during the *star* part of the anthem.

the one time i went to see a Dallas Stars game since moving to Texas, i found it tacky as hell. but that's my opinion and i'm sure i'll get flamed by stars fans for it.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

So new twist in the O'Reilly offer sheet. Some guy at Sportsnet said that had Colorado not matched, O'Reilly would have had to pass through waivers, but not for Colorado. First, I thought this stuff was unavoidable under the new CBA. Second, how did no media outlet pick up on this yesterday. Third, if true Jay Feaster is now the dumbest dude on the planet.

Just more fodder for people to mock this team. All deservedly so.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:3dvdlNUTbAwJ:fansidedblogs.net/app/%3Fid%3D104%26post_id%3D3510+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Q. Why do I have a Google cache link to this article?

A. BECAUSE THE IDIOT BLUES FAN WHO WROTE IT JUST TOOK IT DOWN IN A FIT OF UTTER SHAME

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:3dvdlNUTbAwJ:fansidedblogs.net/app/%3Fid%3D104%26post_id%3D3510+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Q. Why do I have a Google cache link to this article?

A. BECAUSE THE IDIOT BLUES FAN WHO WROTE IT JUST TOOK IT DOWN IN A FIT OF UTTER SHAME

IT'S SO FUN TYPING IN CAPS!!!

It is! I like to change it up between proper typing, giant all caps, and all lowercase with typos. It depends on what I'm trying to say. I paint with a large palette.

But seriously, that's all-time bad writing and its blog is better off without it being there anymore. To wit: Nick Leddy is too young at and Duncan Keith is too old. Hjalmarsson is prone to rookie mistakes except that he's in his fifth season and has made the playoffs every year, including the time he won. The Hawks had a favorable schedule in which they played a seven-game road trip. Joel Quenneville is a bad coach if you ignore all those games he keeps winning. lolwuts all over.

Heeey, "my" Oilers put a 5 on Dallas last night! is it really gonna happen?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It is! I like to change it up between proper typing, giant all caps, and all lowercase with typos. It depends on what I'm trying to say. I paint with a large palette.

But seriously, that's all-time bad writing and its blog is better off without it being there anymore. To wit: Nick Leddy is too young at and Duncan Keith is too old. Hjalmarsson is prone to rookie mistakes except that he's in his fifth season and has made the playoffs every year, including the time he won. The Hawks had a favorable schedule in which they played a seven-game road trip. Joel Quenneville is a bad coach if you ignore all those games he keeps winning. lolwuts all over.

Heeey, "my" Oilers put a 5 on Dallas last night! is it really gonna happen?

MY OILERS. STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

The Blackhawks are in a neck-and-neck battle against the *sigh* Columbus Blue Jackets.

Edit: point streak continues. Overtime.

Edit 2: Blackhawks win!

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived