The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

Goodbye Canucks, I'm done. You have no idea how hard it was actually supporting this disgraceful team of whining, bitiing, entitled divers. Not sure who I'm going to cheer for but my days of supporting the Canucks are over. Good riddance!

I think CS85 had that Ron Burgundy picture hanging around some where. Well that escalated quickly..

cEy90ly.jpg

hrmH6.gif

Nice capper!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Objects in your rear-view mirrors are closer than they appear, Chicago.

Ducks are 6 points back with two games in hand. 11 wins in a row at home. Impressively resilient comeback win against St. Louis tonight. Need to bank some points on this quick three game roadie (Wild, Stars, Blues) coming up before this next stretch: Sharks, Blackhawks, Red Wings, Red Wings, Sharks, @Sharks, @Blackhawks, @Beej.

Yikes. (Im excited)

How about that? The "Beej" are included in an important "stretch." Jackets Fever, bitches! :hockeysmiley:

It's a fatal diagnosis :lol:

I just added them for emphasis :P

We'll talk after the Jackets send your team and it's weak-ass uniforms back to Anaheim with a loss on the 31st. Then we're going to get that seven seed in the playoffs and pull off the first round upset. (Yeah, I said it. The 7th seed. We're not kidding around this time.) You better hope we don't get the Ducks in round one because someone is going down - pun fully intended - in the playoffs against the "Beej." :hockeysmiley:

That's fine. You can eliminate the Blackhawks :P

I wish nothing but great things for the Beej! I don't want to be the mean team to eliminate the Beej! I love the Beej! In other years, that game in Columbus would look like a gift from the schedule makers after that hellacious stretch. But even the first time the Ducks and Beej played, it wasn't easy. They're a feisty bunch, those Beej.

And btw, what hilarity if after missing out on all those #1 picks, the Blue Jackets make the playoffs before these Oilers do.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Goodbye Canucks, I'm done. You have no idea how hard it was actually supporting this disgraceful team of whining, bitiing, entitled divers. Not sure who I'm going to cheer for but my days of supporting the Canucks are over. Good riddance!

Don't do that.

It's done... Congrats on having a real team with heart and passion that actually want's to win a cup. You guys deserved to win the 2011 series... only reason the Canucks won was because of a lucky bounce. They never had any heart or desire to be champions... If they did, they would be champions.

So are these declarations true, or did someone hack Morgo's account? Like seriously, no true Vancouver fan will admit to his own team flopping, diving, commiting cheap shots, or whining to the refs.

I think with Morgo it's the fact that the Canucks were/are the pro wrestling heels of the NHL. This is like if Hollywood Hogan came out on Nitro during the middle of the nWo angle and broke down, lamenting how he had become such a terrible person. It's just not fun to hate him after that point.

Sometimes I hate being a fan of this team just because of idiots like Morgo. Even though you live in Alberta, you're pretty much a typical bandwagon Vancouverite.

CeDKK.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Objects in your rear-view mirrors are closer than they appear, Chicago.

Ducks are 6 points back with two games in hand. 11 wins in a row at home. Impressively resilient comeback win against St. Louis tonight. Need to bank some points on this quick three game roadie (Wild, Stars, Blues) coming up before this next stretch: Sharks, Blackhawks, Red Wings, Red Wings, Sharks, @Sharks, @Blackhawks, @Beej.

Yikes. (Im excited)

How about that? The "Beej" are included in an important "stretch." Jackets Fever, bitches! :hockeysmiley:

It's a fatal diagnosis :lol:

I just added them for emphasis :P

We'll talk after the Jackets send your team and it's weak-ass uniforms back to Anaheim with a loss on the 31st. Then we're going to get that seven seed in the playoffs and pull off the first round upset. (Yeah, I said it. The 7th seed. We're not kidding around this time.) You better hope we don't get the Ducks in round one because someone is going down - pun fully intended - in the playoffs against the "Beej." :hockeysmiley:

That's fine. You can eliminate the Blackhawks :P

I wish nothing but great things for the Beej! I don't want to be the mean team to eliminate the Beej! I love the Beej! In other years, that game in Columbus would look like a gift from the schedule makers after that hellacious stretch. But even the first time the Ducks and Beej played, it wasn't easy. They're a feisty bunch, those Beej.

And btw, what hilarity if after missing out on all those #1 picks, the Blue Jackets make the playoffs before these Oilers do.

Not like I have any say whatsoever, but that's one of my short term goals for this team. I would love it if somehow all 3 Oilers #1 picks end up being terrific busts.

I don't think they're going to make the playoffs. They'd have to go like 15-6-3 and they have an a$$hole of a road trip in April that'll probably send them back to Earth.

But here's the thing, I think they're finally headed in the right direction for next season. Bobrovsky has been playing like a #1 goalie, they're shutting teams down with an AHL defense, and they're getting better play from their skill guys. Johansen, Calvert, Atkinson are three young offensive guys who've found their stride. Umberger and Brassard are playing like they should and they've gelled as a team. There's a definite culture change in the locker room and I think it comes from John Davidson and the new guys that were brought in in the offseason (Anisimov, Dubinsky, Aucoin).

Next year they'll have Ryan Murray with the NHL club (as far as I can project) and he'll have the luxury of playing 3 pairing minutes with a veteran while Wisniewski-Johnson-Tyutin-Nikitin handle the first two pairs. Defensively Jarmo has a lot of wiggle room with what has turned into a solid group of AHL defenseman. There's definitely some quality trade bait with their Springfield core. They're also getting Boone Jenner from Oshawa who currently has 44 goals in like 54 games. He was a second round pick who will grow up to be a very good pro. On top of that they have 3 first round picks.

Now, some people in the Blue Jackets nation are looking at these wins like they're a bad thing saying they'd rather have that #1 pick we were destined for. I disagree somewhat. We tanked last year and didn't get it. Tanking this year and you have an even worse shot at the #1 pick. I say you play to win the games and you build a culture of winning and getting high draft picks won't be necessary.

They'll be pretty good in a couple of years.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Sometimes I hate being a fan of this team just because of idiots like Morgo. Even though you live in Alberta, you're pretty much a typical bandwagon Vancouverite.

Pretty rich coming from the guy who abruptly deleted all references to supporting the Canucks as soon they lost the cup. I'm not a typical bandwagon Vancouverite cause I've never smashed any store fronts or set any Police Cars on fire in either 2011 or 2004. No one here has...

Hopefully Bobrovsky has proven to CBJ now that he is the real deal.

On another note, that damn OTL point has to die soon...

Detroit is sitting in 4th place in the Western Conference right now with a record of 12-14 that's a Winning Pct of .462. Meanwhile St. Louis is 8th with a record of 13-12 that's .520. What even makes it worse is Dallas is at .500 with a 12-12 record. Meanwhile they sit in 10th place. The NHL points system is a joke!

Looks like this is the year Jarome Iginla finally gets traded... If the Calgary Sun is any indication. I hope he goes to a legitimate contender, that guy has been a class act his entire career and deserves a cup ring... Especially after that infamous non-call in 2004. I could really get behind a team that gives him that chance.

So I'm gonna play GM. So it seems unless a miracle happens and the Flames win the NW (Not gonna happen) or at least be within striking distance of a playoff spot. Jarome Iginla will probably go to Management and ask to be moved, of course both sides need to be in agreement, that's been fairly publicized over the last four seasons. Though as sit here on March 11th and the Flames have probably reached their low after Friday and Saturday's massacre's, the end of thinking your a contender is gone. I can also see this happening. Jarome will ride this season out and see what July 1st or whenever free agency is and probably re-up here in Calgary. 1-year, 5 Million or something, but seeing as he is a Free Agent to be and this may be the last chance the Flames can get some decent pieces for Iginla, I think the trigger needs to be pulled. Save whatever is left of our sanity.

I figure Jarome's list for teams is something like this. Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh. Three years ago Calgary probably could have gotten Brayden Schenn and a first as well as a decent roster player from the Kings, but that shipped sailed. Now the typical 1st Round, roster player, top prospect may be off the table, but I'm not so sure there. I think it has to go down like that or a trade won't even happen. It is a steep price to pay for a soon to be 36 year old free agent, that has lost a step over the last few years but on a team that has barely surrounded him with talent, over a 82 game schedule he'd still be a lock for 30 goals for a twelfth straight season.

Now all five of those fan bases are represented pretty well here. Three of the these teams are legit Stanley Cup threats, Philly and Detroit always think they're in it. Anyways. teams get pretty stupid or really smart around deadline day, do Boston, Chicago and Pittsburgh really need Jarome to continue their treks for Stanley Cup's? Or will a team that's just below those three jump up and try make a move? (Detroit, Philly, St Louis, maybe Montreal, or really anyone not named Edmonton, Vancouver, Colorado or Minnesota)

I'm not ballsy enough to start to make deals. But a first is pretty much needed, as is a top prospect. So if anyone wants to take a kick at this, it'd be cool to see what everyone comes up with.

I don't think the Bruins really need Jarome Iginla.

There's honestly no open spot for him except 2nd/3rd line duties. The third line could use him as Chris Kelly and Rich Peverly need a consistant linemate; Claude Julien has been bouncing Daniel Paille, Chris Bourque, and Jay Pandolfo on that line with them. I think a little scoring touch is what that line needs to start getting their groove back. The Kelly/Peverly/Ryder line was absolutely lethal during the 2011 Stanley Cup run and I think another guy who could score on that line would do wonders.

There is no way they're going to break up Seguin/Marchand/Bergeron as their top line right now, especially considering how well they are producing. So, do they break up the Lucic/Krejci/Horton line? I guess besides the third line, that's really the only option. I would love to see Peter Chiarelli ship Lucic out of town. I don't think his stock will get any higher and he's definitely one of the most overrated players in the game. Rarely uses his size and just doesn't have the scoring touch that Cam Neely (considering everybody and their mother likes comparing the two) had during his heyday. If the Bruins could throw together a Lucic/draft pick for Iginla deal, would that be enough for Calgary? I'm just not sure how much Iggy still has left in the tank, but what the hell, whatever they can get for Lucic, the better.

I see him going to Pittsburgh, personally. It'll make them scary offensively, but I think Pittsburgh would probably prefer a top-tier defenseman to help them out over Iginla.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I don't think the Bruins really need Jarome Iginla.

There's honestly no open spot for him except 2nd/3rd line duties. The third line could use him as Chris Kelly and Rich Peverly need a consistant linemate; Claude Julien has been bouncing Daniel Paille, Chris Bourque, and Jay Pandolfo on that line with them. I think a little scoring touch is what that line needs to start getting their groove back. The Kelly/Peverly/Ryder line was absolutely lethal during the 2011 Stanley Cup run and I think another guy who could score on that line would do wonders.

There is no way they're going to break up Seguin/Marchand/Bergeron as their top line right now, especially considering how well they are producing. So, do they break up the Lucic/Krejci/Horton line? I guess besides the third line, that's really the only option. I would love to see Peter Chiarelli ship Lucic out of town. I don't think his stock will get any higher and he's definitely one of the most overrated players in the game. Rarely uses his size and just doesn't have the scoring touch that Cam Neely (considering everybody and their mother likes comparing the two) had during his heyday. If the Bruins could throw together a Lucic/draft pick for Iginla deal, would that be enough for Calgary? I'm just not sure how much Iggy still has left in the tank, but what the hell, whatever they can get for Lucic, the better.

I see him going to Pittsburgh, personally. It'll make them scary offensively, but I think Pittsburgh would probably prefer a top-tier defenseman to help them out over Iginla.

Yeah, Pittsburgh would definitely want a defensemen. /cough Bouwmeester..

Iginla if protected, and is played against the other teams third and fourth line, he's magic. It's when you play him against the other teams top guys is when you start to see how he's regressed. Boston would probably never play him on the top line, probably slotted second or third and some time on the PP. I don't think Calgary would want to take any more salary, especially Lucic's 6 million, you never know though, Calgary needs to get bigger, just too bad he doesn't play Center. I don't think you guys would part with David Krejci either.

Tough to say. I think he'd really flourish in Boston. Lucic and a 1st. It's not horrible, but i'll take your word on how bad he's been this year :P

It's just the fact do teams want to give up so much, for a player that might not sign back.

Bouwmeester can't go to a playoff team. It's like against the rules.

Seems like it.

The only thing that makes Bouwmeester such a turnoff, is his contract. He's a minutes eater, consistently is playing other teams best players. Huge, can skate, and on the rush he's another weapon that a team like Pittsburgh could use.

Is Brian Campbell worth his money. Hell no (LOL DALE TALLON) but he scores, Bouwmeester has lost most of his offensive wizardry, but has shown flares of what he was in Florida, plus he's cheaper than Campbell. If any big contract moves at the deadline, it's his. Plus he has one year left after this year.

Pretty rich coming from the guy who abruptly deleted all references to supporting the Canucks as soon they lost the cup. I'm not a typical bandwagon Vancouverite cause I've never smashed any store fronts or set any Police Cars on fire in either 2011 or 2004. No one here has...

Dude, I had the 2011 finals avatar + signature combo going on for almost a year (maybe even longer) after that loss. And so what, does it not make me a fan if I don't have my signature cluttered in Canucks logos? If you can't support this team, even if it's full of heartless, diving, biting, pansies, you're not a true fan. I'm only calling you a typical Vancouverite because when most of the idjiots in this city give up on the Canucks, they hop on the Canucks haterade train and then start cheering for a better team. So have fun supporting the Ducks, Sharks or Blackhawks like the rest of these bandwagoning :censored:heels.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

If you can't support this team, even if it's full of heartless, diving, biting, pansies, you're not a true fan.

That's the spirit. You know I love to rag on the Canucks as much as anyone else but Connor's got the right idea. Stick with the team even when the rest of us mock you and your team. Have the heart to stand up and argue back with everyone who gives you :censored:. That's what being a real fan is all about: you stick with the team through the good times and the bad times.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Yeah the Sharks get mocked a bunch on here, but I will never change who I root for. (Although I do suggest avoid bandwagoning the Sharks for now since they seemed to forget that you have to outscore the opponent to win games)

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived