The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

All three on HNIC.

Took me a minute to realize what HNIC was.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hearing a rumble about the Blackhawks opening in Los Angeles Saturday night.

Then again, that could just be gas.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V7QWknxeFc

no one gives Bettman more wet kisses in this book than ol' Burkie does. You know what those are? Those are the words of a man who knows he's soon going to be fired for his gross incompetence and will have nowhere left to go but the loving embrace of Bettman's office.

boom shaka laka

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Brian Burke butted heads with owners in Vancouver and wore out his welcome. Wouldn't be surprised if that's what happened. Very buzzard timing though. The Leafs actually looked alright this year. I wonder if Nonis takes over.

You don't fire Burke twelve days before the season because you don't like the direction you're headed. Something's up, or they just felt this was needed.

That's what Dreger was saying on twitter as well.

Just after the lockout. Just before camp. If they weren't happy with his performance, they would have fired him back in April.

Oh, and that whole leaving Anaheim to be closer to his family in Boston with a job in Toronto really worked out for ya, didn't it Burkie?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The Leafs are under new ownership and Burke is an atavistic imbecile. What could be "up"?

The collective blood pressure of every Maple Leaf fan.

In excitement yes, this guy took an 9th place team, turned it into a 13th place team, and has left us with Jake Gardiner and Morgan Reilly after 4 years. In that same period the Oilers have Jordan Eberle, Taylor Hall, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Justin Schultz and Nail Yakupov. Not expecting that but for the amount of suck we've been put through we don't have a ton of promise.

untitled-6.jpg

Should I dread the prospect of "Associate Deputy Commissioner Brian Burke," or should I relax knowing that he's better off dispersing his blustery bumbling among thirty teams than laser-focusing it on one important one?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That's too ridiculous to be true, yet too ridiculous not to be.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived