College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arizona State should have used the fork as a center stripe and slap Sparky on those helmets. They look empty with the fork on the back of the helmets.

I always thought since Arizona St has the outside tines of the pitchfork as shoulder stripes, they should use the middle tine as a helmet stripe on their primary helmets.

Arizona State should have used the fork as a center stripe and slap Sparky on those helmets. They look empty with the fork on the back of the helmets.

I always thought since Arizona St has the outside tines of the pitchfork as shoulder stripes, they should use the middle tine as a helmet stripe on their primary helmets.

Never thought of that

Never thought of that
Good idea. Notre Dame looks good. The shamrock disappears from far away which is a pretty decent effect for those lids.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

New oregon helmet today! Green with grey wings

BV1lmUiCYAAp4zU.jpg

EDIT: it also looks like white jersey with green wings judging by the grey outline on the number on the jersey

EDIT2: also looks like the grey/titanium/silver fades to black on the helmet

Wish they went with solid wings that extended to the facemask, even if they were chrome.. Also that the facemask was green.

Virginia Tech has one of the best looks in college football when they just keep it simple. Still don't know why they need two pairs of white pants though.

I agree...trash the solid white ones and keep the striped pants.

spacer.png

Virginia Tech has one of the best looks in college football when they just keep it simple. Still don't know why they need two pairs of white pants though.

Well, one pair has a thin orange stripe, and one has thick maroon/orange stripes similar to on the shoulders. This is the same for maroon. The orange pants are god awful though. For once Tech looks better than the team their playing.

That was their previous set that had the thin orange stripe. The two pairs of white they have now is plain, and maroon-orange-maroon stripe.

uni2.jpg

spacer.png

That is, by far, the best helmet Oregon has worn since unveiling the new set.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It looks like to me that Ohio St. has a different paint job on their helmets. It looks like there's more metallic flake than normal.

I'm pretty sure that's just from the rain.

I noticed the same thing and thought it was from rain, but it hasn't rained once since kickoff so maybe it is a me finish to them

It looks like to me that Ohio St. has a different paint job on their helmets. It looks like there's more metallic flake than normal.

Probably more to do with the lighting. The flakes are more noticeable than I recall.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

BV18nQ_CMAAe_mT.jpg

Looks as though TCU has replaced the purple helmet stripe with a black one.

I feel like it's been forever since they wore those helmets. It's almost as if they are a throwback to when Andy Dalton played there.

TCU wore them in the opener last year vs. Grambling (with a purple stripe). They also wore them in the last home game of 2012 vs. UNLV with No Andy Dalton.

Andy Dalton wore it vs. Oregon State and vs. BYU. Nike wanted team to wear them in Rose Bowl, but they went with the helmets in my avatar.

Archived